Chelsea 2 - 2 Tottenham

20 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Mike Dean retiring to become the VAR chief is much worse than him staying on the pitch. 

the game has gone with that bald fraud as VAR chief, expect more shit like this in the future.

Frustrated with the result, that second goal once the decision was not in our favor ... had a feeling it is coming.

However kudos to the team baring a few things here and there, I believe we were bang on and really played well. Everyone put in the shift, were determined, was taking the opposition head on ... basically it had everything which you want to see from our team. It is just the result which didnt go with the performance. 

What is going to important is that we have to maintain this tempo with every game to get to a position which is better than previous year. 

👏👏👏👏👏

P.S. ... forget it. 

The officiating decisions aside...

I love how the media darlings were average yesterday throughout every facet of the game....I cant believe some posters here were waxing lyrical about Conte and Spurs...Kane and Son aside that Spurs team is bang average.. 

11 hours ago, milka said:

This worked effectively in my opinion due to the personnel and having a couple of versatile players in key positions to swap seamlessly. 

In Chilwell and Cucurella we now have two players who are comfortable playing either wing back in a 3 or full back in a 4. With the pace and energy that both possess the roles don't come massively dissimilar. Compared to Alonso for example who physically has never been ideal in a back 4 without that additional protection he's afforded as a wing back.

And then if we do use the RLC/Reece James combo on the right hand side it allows those transitions really well. RLC gets the licence to move into more advanced positions with the ball and Reece is comfortable with becoming a right back in support of the attack, but both also seem to possess a very good understanding defensively. Son got completely shut down for the whole game to the point where I can only remember him being on the ball once when Reece took a booking.

I want to see how this works against some of the lesser teams in the league. We played yesterday with a lot of intensity and really squeezed the pitch in the first half to the point where we were leaving Silva and Koulibaly with Jorginho sat in front and James and Kante were nearly the furthest forward in the press at times. If we play with that level of intensity and quality week in week out, we'll be fine this season even with inconsistent attackers. The acid test is Leeds next, can Tuchel get the boys playing in the same way for that one.

I'm just glad we have someone of the standard of Cucurella now on that left side, thought he was very good, his energy is something we have lacked and his passing is brilliant.

I thought also on yesterday, our passing through the lines was much better, faster and playing with a purpose.

On 09/08/2022 at 08:48, Norfolkblue1961 said:

😦 That's us fucked then

Well, a lot of us predicted it, and we were dead right. It's time we actually made a stand against this, and call it out for what it is....corruption pure and simple

44 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm just glad we have someone of the standard of Cucurella now on that left side, thought he was very good, his energy is something we have lacked and his passing is brilliant.

I thought also on yesterday, our passing through the lines was much better, faster and playing with a purpose.

There were sometimes where the passes the likes of Koulibaly, Jorginho and Cucurella made looked risky and watching on TV they didn't really look like they were there but it was done extremely well and ultimately they helped us keep the intensity and pressure up and prevented Spurs from trying to press us because they were being played through too easily. Like Tuchel said playing with that intent got the crowd going too, and in turn the players fed off that more. It's a 2 way street to ensure the Bridge is as intimidating and difficult a place to play for opposition teams.

10 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

sometimes it can make a difference come the end of the season, i hope this is not the case.

Not really. Look a the last season or two. 

City started slow and pick up. 

Arsenal started slow and pick up. 

Right now United doing bad but I will not be surprised if they pick up like Arsenal. 

So in the end at the beginning of the season is not something to go nuts. 

I would be worry if by November we start falling apart. 

14 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If they think they got one over us with that pathetic display they should look at their trophy cabinet and ours. If that is the moment they will print their DVDs of let them have it. Cos when they consider a stolen point a win, they are already so deep beneath us, we do not need to worry. If their best team in ages needs a corrupted ref to win a point here and they celebrate it like they won the title, they can as well join QPR or Milwall on the list of insignificant rivalries we simply cast aside

Nonetheless, we will make them pay at Three Point Lane.

I didn't in the slightest fall for the narrative they gazumped us but the gap is larger than even i thought.

Them getting a point yesterday was a less extreme version of them getting one at City in the season Pochettino got sacked.

The Premier League on behalf of Chelsea Football Club are launching an independent refereeing panel due to what happened yesterday and the string of events of Taylor officiating Chelsea matches. 

Watch nothing come to this. 

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The Premier League on behalf of Chelsea Football Club are launching an independent refereeing panel due to what happened yesterday and the string of events of Taylor officiating Chelsea matches. 

Watch nothing come to this. 

where you saw it?