Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

34 minutes ago, Jype said:

Did Raphinha shag your missus or what? 😂

17G + 12A in 60 league starts for a relatively low-scoring side like Leeds is not a bad feat by any means. Raphinha is far from mediocre and I'd take him any day ahead of players like Pulisic, Ziyech and Hudson-Odoi.

Nothing wrong with him taking a week to see out his options before making the final decision on his next club. 

Shag? No of what I know of, he just pissed me off.

Bad? Not. Star? also not, so that's what medicore is for me. Decent, but is it seriously the most we can do?
Plus, one season stats guarantee nothing, as we almost burn ourselves with Palace's superstar Wan-Bissaka, to give an example.

When Sarri came only the top names were mentioned in this thread and suddenly we went from expecting Chiesa and nothing less to praying that we can snag some reasonably decent bloke from Leeds, who doesn't even want to come here in the first place.

Still, my main point is:  Nothing wrong with him taking a week to see out his options before making the final decision on his next club, true. But you can share your concerns with your friends, not via press statement. Being open about Chels being plan C is just lack of respect, even if that's what the reality is. And this guy is not Mbappe.

Only thing that kept us aflot, luckily, was that we had squad of reasonably cold-headed players with good attitude and suddenly we decide to cut the branch that keeps us alive and start a dumpster fire with Lukaku, racing for Dembele (!) and what not, where we should really be careful about what kind of character we are getting in, especially when our captain and potentially few other senior, core players are leaving. 

If we didn't employ high-profile names, because they would shake the dressing room and club culture, then what are we doing now? It's like club is trying to go 10 opposite ways at the same time. We can build a squad of Kante, Mendy and 9 Barkleys, but is that really a point?

Edited by Vegetable

Just now, bluesman2610 said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/Chelsea-alerted-to-potential-dayot-upamecano-availability

Is he still worth it? I remember him being a top choice only just a season ago

He was criticized quite a bit last year.  

12 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/Chelsea-alerted-to-potential-dayot-upamecano-availability

Is he still worth it? I remember him being a top choice only just a season ago

bayern fans were saying that he was shit

14 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Plus, one season stats guarantee nothing, as we almost burn ourselves with Palace's superstar Wan-Bissaka, to give an example.

When Sarri came only the top names were mentioned in this thread and suddenly we went from expecting Chiesa and nothing less to praying that we can snag some reasonably decent bloke from Leeds, who doesn't even want to come here in the first place.

Well first of all, Raphinha's been at Leeds since their promotion to the PL so two seasons. Been playing at a similarly high level both years.

Second of all, is Federico Chiesa really the best alternative you could think of? The man's best career season is 10 league goals in the Serie A for fucking Fiorentina who are basically the Leeds of Italy, nothing more than a mid-table side in a league that's much worse than the EPL. For Juve he's not exactly been anything special either, 10G + 10A in one and a half league seasons before his ACL injury.

6 minutes ago, Jype said:

Well first of all, Raphinha's been at Leeds since their promotion to the PL so two seasons. Been playing at a similarly high level both years.

Second of all, is Federico Chiesa really the best alternative you could think of? The man's best career season is 10 league goals in the Serie A for fucking Fiorentina who are basically the Leeds of Italy, nothing more than a mid-table side in a league that's much worse than the EPL. For Juve he's not exactly been anything special either, 10G + 10A in one and a half league seasons before his ACL injury.

I would personally take Chiesa over Raphinah.

Despite the stats, there is something special about that lad.

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

On the fence about Raphinha.

I know people like to make this comparison with Mane,. but when Mane played with Southampton I used to hate him as an opposition player. Because he was so dangerous! I don't have the same impression about Raphinha.

Edited by Blue Armour

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Yea I'm not saying he's a bad player, far from it actually and I rate him highly as well. 

Just the comparison seems weird when one is being portrayed as some world beater and the other as some bum who might as well be playing in Turkey so the Polish dude has such an obvious agenda against Raphinha.

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

On the fence about Raphinha.

I know people like to make this comparison with Mane,. but when Mane played with Southampton I used to hate him as an opposition player. Because he was so dangerous! I don't have the same impression about Raphinha.

Don’t understand the Mane comparison, i see Mahrez in Raphinha. He doesn’t move and make those runs that Mane makes.