Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

In other news, PSG are on the verge of making an improved offer for Skriniar to Inter.

Not sure why we never even tried to make a bid here. Especially after the big favor we did Inter, your would think we would at least try to take advantage.

It's like there's no real plan B for the deLigt bid failing.

It's been rather quite on the CB front. (Bar Ake)

Feel we will know more this week. 

6 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Nunes? he isn't a DM.

Who is nowadays? Phillips really the only natural one. 

Think Tuchel wants a double pivot with two box to box central midfielders with defensive attributes, ala Rice and Nunes. 

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Who is nowadays? Phillips really the only natural one. 

Think Tuchel wants a double pivot with two box to box central midfielders with defensive attributes, ala Rice and Nunes. 

We probably won't sign any unless either Jorginho or Kante leave. The DMs pool aside from Rice also pretty underwhelming.

Edited by Blues Forever

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Kounde is plan 2 🤮

we are all over the bloody place

fucking buying Ake, we only make Citeh that much stronger

I cannot believe we did not go all out and focus on just TWO CB's now, this summer (and land one)

Skriniar

or

De Ligt

why? (besides the fact they are the 2 best CB's remotely available, and Marquinhos was a pipe dream)

because:

Napoli are fucking gameplayers (KK)

Ronald Araújo renewed with Barca

Niklas Süle went off the board early (and I was never a huge fangirl anyway)

Bremer is simply not in the cards, I see nothing but negative thoughts on him from basically the entire board (TC) and I am picking my battles

Merih Demiral (see Bremer)

Kounde is overrated and Sevilla are also gameplayers, let Barca or Real (or hell, even Citeh or PSG or Bayern or Manure, etc) overpay for him

we missed out on a great young CB (Nico Schlotterbeck) who was, for me, the OBVIOUS AC replacement

Finally, then, this winter, do a precontract for Gvardiol (RB Leipzig loves to do precontracts, and they REALLY do not want to sell him thsi window) for summer 2023

Edited by Vesper

Even the vibes coming out of Spain now seem to be suggesting Barca will drop out of the Raphinha race if they get Dembele tied up.

Hopefully there will be some clarity on this over the next couple of days. Would be nice to get that and Sterling tied up, and we can just fully concentrate on the defence now.

I don't see a midfield move unless something unexpected develops. I think it'll be a pair of centre backs and maybe a wing back if the above two deals get closed.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Even the vibes coming out of Spain now seem to be suggesting Barca will drop out of the Raphinha race if they get Dembele tied up.

Hopefully there will be some clarity on this over the next couple of days. Would be nice to get that and Sterling tied up, and we can just fully concentrate on the defence now.

I don't see a midfield move unless something unexpected develops. I think it'll be a pair of centre backs and maybe a wing back if the above two deals get closed.

where?

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we are all over the bloody place

fucking buying Ake, we only make Citeh that much stronger

I cannot believe we did not go all out and focus on just TWO CB's now, this summer (and land one)

Skriniar

or

De Ligt

why? (besides the fact they are the 2 besr CB's remotely available, and Marquinhos was a pipe dream)

because:

Napoli are fucking gameplayers (KK)

Ronald Araújo renewed with Barca

Niklas Süle went off the board early (and I was never a huge fangirl anyway)

Bremer is simply not in the cards, I see nothing but negative thoughts on him from basically the entire board (TC) and I am picking my battles

Merih Demiral (see Bremer)

Kounde is overrated and Sevilla are also gameplayers, let Barca or Real (or hell, even Citeh or PSG or Bayern or Manure, etc) overpay for him

we missed out on a great young CB (Nico Schlotterbeck) who was, for me, the OBVIOUS AC replacement

Finally, then, this winter, do a precontract for Gvardiol (RB Leipzig loves to do precontracts, and they REALLY do not want to sell him thsi window) for summer 2023

Yeah, we can forget Gvardiol if we sign either Kimpembe or Ake this window.

3 minutes ago, Mário César said:

where?

Can't remember where I've seen it but the last day or two it just seems to have gone from Dembele and Raphinha to a feeling it'll be one or the other and in Barcelona's situation Dembele is much easier to do and seems to be the one Xavi is pushing to be done.

I wouldn't say I'm confident at present of signing him, but I do think we're closer than we've ever been to getting him.

Someone explain to me what the deal with Upamecano is. I remember him being hugely sought after at Leipzig and we all really wanted him. But I haven’t heard a single thing about him since his move to Bayern. Has he been a giant bust?