Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

22 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yea I'm not saying he's a bad player, far from it actually and I rate him highly as well. 

Just the comparison seems weird when one is being portrayed as some world beater and the other as some bum who might as well be playing in Turkey so the Polish dude has such an obvious agenda against Raphinha.

I have obvious agenda against big-money-low-yield transfers. 

Chiesa was almost universally considered the next big thing before injury and all the to clubs were after him at the time. Raphinia did decent in mid-table club and outgrew it (fair enough, but still) and is "open to talks" with us, if his preferred move won't work out. Seriously you think it's weird comparison?

I can understand such hassle for Coman or Gnabry, but making clowns of ourselves and paying big just isn't worth it for me here. He may (or may not) do better than Zyiech, but it's not an improvement to next level that we need.

Btw. I'd much rather like to see someone with worse stats but will play for the badge, than some, who will consider this his 9-5 job. It's much harder for footballers to play their top if they don't have a heart for the club and we can see it in our squad as well. If top winger is not available just don't get one instead of paying 100s of millions for shifting temporary solutions season after season, I thought we learnt this the hard way already.

Edited by Vegetable

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

When Sarri came only the top names were mentioned in this thread

Really? IIRC main names that we were being linked with the most before the ban was announced were Ndombele, Pepe and Jovic.

Not only non big names but 2 of them would have been an absolute disaster (Pepe I think is better than Arteta is making him look).

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Really? IIRC main names that we were being linked with the most before the ban was announced were Ndombele, Pepe and Jovic.

Not only non big names but 2 of them would have been an absolute disaster (Pepe I think is better than Arteta is making him look).

Yeah, perhaps Sane, Sancho, SMS and Wan-Bissaka also. Still, they were the hot stuff back then and FM wonderkids, so I'd still count this as ambitious expectations (even if time shown that it would all pretty much be let-downs). And then we went to analyzing every left back and forward alive, lol

I may be naive, but I expected the takeover would either be a loud start and spectacular window or very carefully planned one, to avoid starting with another deadwood flop, but for now I feel it's neither.

Even if Raphinia is geniuenly good, we shouldn't be the second or third choice club for players of his weight, and if those statements are true it's beyond me how few people are suspicious about it. And he'll only come here if he runs out of other options, come on, he is not that big.

19 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, perhaps Sane, Sancho, SMS and Wan-Bissaka also. Still, they were the hot stuff back then and FM wonderkids, so I'd still count this as ambitious expectations (even if time shown that it would all pretty much be let-downs). And then we went to analyzing every left back and forward alive, lol

I may be naive, but I expected the takeover would either be a loud start and spectacular window or very carefully planned one, to avoid starting with another deadwood flop, but for now I feel it's neither.

Even if Raphinia is geniuenly good, we shouldn't be the second or third choice club for players of his weight, and if those statements are true it's beyond me how few people are suspicious about it. And he'll only come here if he runs out of other options, come on, he is not that big.

He may not be that big mate, but let's me honest neither are we in comparison to other clubs.

17 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Now a sensible post...

In my mind...the ship has sailed concerning Raphinha though he might end up here.....lots of quality and better attacking players are right there in the market and readily available...

7 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Now a sensible post...

In my mind...the ship has sailed concerning Raphinha though he might end up here.....lots of quality and better attacking players are right there in the market and readily available...

Such as? 

18 minutes ago, Alabama said:

cmon don't tell you see Raphinha as the messiah of our attack next season....

No, but he’s perfect for the way Tuchel wants to play. An aggressive, direct, hard working winger who can score and create at a very high level.

If we strike out on both he and Dembele, where do we even turn? Who are these high quality and better attacking players you referenced that we can get instead? 

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

I don't recall any serious links to Sane but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

AWB isn't a big name under any metric.

The Sancho links never really had any substance, it was mainly people putting 2 (his childhood support of the club) and 2 (his friendship with Callum) together and coming up with 15.

SMS fair enough.

3 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/Chelsea-alerted-to-potential-dayot-upamecano-availability

Is he still worth it? I remember him being a top choice only just a season ago

no no no no no NO

no no no

stay away

said it then

saying it now