Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Ok, so is this Rudi's replacement? 

Attila is probably more for AC if he leaves 

Maxence Lacroix would seem more of a Rudiger type

and Koundé for Thiago (taking over full rime in summer 2023)

those 3 plus Trevoh would seem to be the plan in full fruition atm, perhaps even if AC stays

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Attila is probably more for AC if he leaves 

Maxence Lacroix would seem more of a Rudiger type

and Koundé for Thiago (taking over full rime in summer 2023)

those 3 plus Trevoh would seem to be the plan in full fruition atm, perhaps even if AC stays

Think Lacroix will be sweeper. Kounde RCB and Attila LCB. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think Lacroix will be sweeper. Kounde RCB and Attila LCB. 

Lacroix is the least likely of the three. No concrete links since July.

If Szalai is as good as Fener fans say, he could be a mainstay at that LCB. There are not that  many quality left footed CBs out there. RCB is probably the least problematic to fill. Still would prefer AC to sign an extension, he is the mot natural successor to Thiago.

Keep seeing everyone ranting and raving about Lacroix but in like the last 8 games he has had like 2 red cards and given away 3 penalties or something ridiculous. Is he really that good? From what I have seen he just looks incredibly reckless. 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Keep seeing everyone ranting and raving about Lacroix but in like the last 8 games he has had like 2 red cards and given away 3 penalties or something ridiculous. Is he really that good? From what I have seen he just looks incredibly reckless. 

Never watched him but wouldn't be surprised if he is just another Upamecano, Konate, Sule overrated player. In fact, there is no good defender in Bundesliga. 

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Never watched him but wouldn't be surprised if he is just another Upamecano, Konate, Sule overrated player. In fact, there is no good defender in Bundesliga. 

Would hardly say those 3 are overrated as they are all good players who have had varied levels of success in their careers but would say so far that Lacroix seems to get a lot of chat on here, as if hes the next best/biggest CB, when he looks pretty ordinary/average.

He has not been overly convincing when I have watched any Wolfsburg games this season. I know they were good last season and maybe he was but from what I’ve seen, the 4 or 5 games, he doesn’t strike me as any better than most other CBs at these sort of teams. 

I think with him being a left footed CB, which there really aren’t many of, people are getting overly excited. Also unsurprisingly, we did linked in the summer loosely and then all of a sudden he was then the best thing since sliced bread…

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Would hardly say those 3 are overrated as they are all good players who have had varied levels of success in their careers but would say so far that Lacroix seems to get a lot of chat on here, as if hes the next best/biggest CB, when he looks pretty ordinary/average.

He has not been overly convincing when I have watched any Wolfsburg games this season. I know they were good last season and maybe he was but from what I’ve seen, the 4 or 5 games, he doesn’t strike me as any better than most other CBs at these sort of teams. 

I think with him being a left footed CB, which there really aren’t many of, people are getting overly excited. Also unsurprisingly, we did linked in the summer loosely and then all of a sudden he was then the best thing since sliced bread…

It is true, Lacroix had some torrid past few weeks but that does not take away from the fact that he was the best defender in bundesliga last season. Wolfsburg have a new coach with different ideas and a system change so maybe that is not too helpful for lacroix. Every young defender will have bad patches. Just look at Rüdiger at that age or even later.

The main reason for the hype around Lacroix is his outstanding physical prowess. he is one of the fastest players in Bundesliga, has impressive overall athelticism and looks taylor made for EPL. Actually he reminds me of VVD at Southampton, who also was quite rash at times but could also show immense composure and open up play with a great passing range. lacroix possesses all those abilities as well.

Saying there are no good defenders in Bundesliga is a bit harsh. the league has produced some of the best defenders in history like Beckenbauer, Brehme, Breitner, Lahm. It currently boasts no such talent but some formerly very highly rated defenders like Upamecano, Hernandez and Süle have been crippled by injury not so long ago. And even then players like Orban, Ginter have been quite good. Not exactly world class but a lot better than the average PL CB.

Lacroix is only 21 and already rolls with seasoned quality CBs. If he manages to get his head right again and continue his development in the trajectory last season would imply, he will become a top class CB. If anything the last few games suggest he is not ready to play for a big club yet, but I could well see TT working wonders with him. rüdiger was not ready when he joined us either, yet ppl stuck with him. Lacroix at 21 is already the level Rüdiger was at around the time he joined us.

25 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is true, Lacroix had some torrid past few weeks but that does not take away from the fact that he was the best defender in bundesliga last season. Wolfsburg have a new coach with different ideas and a system change so maybe that is not too helpful for lacroix. Every young defender will have bad patches. Just look at Rüdiger at that age or even later.

The main reason for the hype around Lacroix is his outstanding physical prowess. he is one of the fastest players in Bundesliga, has impressive overall athelticism and looks taylor made for EPL. Actually he reminds me of VVD at Southampton, who also was quite rash at times but could also show immense composure and open up play with a great passing range. lacroix possesses all those abilities as well.

Saying there are no good defenders in Bundesliga is a bit harsh. the league has produced some of the best defenders in history like Beckenbauer, Brehme, Breitner, Lahm. It currently boasts no such talent but some formerly very highly rated defenders like Upamecano, Hernandez and Süle have been crippled by injury not so long ago. And even then players like Orban, Ginter have been quite good. Not exactly world class but a lot better than the average PL CB.

Lacroix is only 21 and already rolls with seasoned quality CBs. If he manages to get his head right again and continue his development in the trajectory last season would imply, he will become a top class CB. If anything the last few games suggest he is not ready to play for a big club yet, but I could well see TT working wonders with him. rüdiger was not ready when he joined us either, yet ppl stuck with him. Lacroix at 21 is already the level Rüdiger was at around the time he joined us.

Personally, I haven't seen many of these CB's play so it is always interesting to take on views of people that have. 

However, something that I am becoming increasingly prone to do is to look at our young boys' out on loan and then compare them to any potential signing. 

The Hungarian kid I do get, as he is left footed and has excelled every time he has stepped up and is relatively cheap. However, Lacroix is someone that I am wary of from what I have read about him, i.e. he is physically impressive in the Bundesliga but raw and rash, isn't something that inspires confidence as those are the sort of traits I find get punished in England (rashness) or do not translate well (physical traits; as England has the most physical league a physically impressive player in another league isn't necessarily that impressive here.) As a result, I am now of the opinion that if the player is going to be £35m+ we should look at our own boys' unless that player is going to come in and be an automatic starter. 

Anyhow, to get to my point how much better is Lacroix as a prospect to Levi Colwill? Personally, I have seen a bit of Colwill at Huddersfield and have been impressed with what I have seen, especially as he is only 18 and he seems to already be able to handle the physicality of the Championship. 

Are you able to make a comparison between the two and as to who may be better medium-long term? 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lacroix is the least likely of the three. No concrete links since July.

If Szalai is as good as Fener fans say, he could be a mainstay at that LCB. There are not that  many quality left footed CBs out there. RCB is probably the least problematic to fill. Still would prefer AC to sign an extension, he is the mot natural successor to Thiago.

yes, IF AC renews, he would be in the middle CB slot for sure I wager

50 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Personally, I haven't seen many of these CB's play so it is always interesting to take on views of people that have. 

However, something that I am becoming increasingly prone to do is to look at our young boys' out on loan and then compare them to any potential signing. 

The Hungarian kid I do get, as he is left footed and has excelled every time he has stepped up and is relatively cheap. However, Lacroix is someone that I am wary of from what I have read about him, i.e. he is physically impressive in the Bundesliga but raw and rash, isn't something that inspires confidence as those are the sort of traits I find get punished in England (rashness) or do not translate well (physical traits; as England has the most physical league a physically impressive player in another league isn't necessarily that impressive here.) As a result, I am now of the opinion that if the player is going to be £35m+ we should look at our own boys' unless that player is going to come in and be an automatic starter. 

Anyhow, to get to my point how much better is Lacroix as a prospect to Levi Colwill? Personally, I have seen a bit of Colwill at Huddersfield and have been impressed with what I have seen, especially as he is only 18 and he seems to already be able to handle the physicality of the Championship. 

Are you able to make a comparison between the two and as to who may be better medium-long term? 

Colwill has a huge upside, so perhaps he saves us from splashing a lot of cash

would be ideal

Championship loan state of play - Man Utd, Liverpool and 'king of loans'  Chelsea - Mirror Online

Rüdiger I can sadly see leaving but I still can’t imagine that AC will. Toni is nearly 30 and probably wants one last massive contract and a new experience. I think we’ll really miss him both on and off the pitch. AC I think has to be more careful. He’s in the perfect team and in the perfect system that makes him look far better than I think he is. I think it would be a big mistake if he thinks he can go to another big club and replicate his form here. So I think he’ll come to his senses and re-sign.

Would be insane if our club go into the summer needing to replace AC, Rüdiger, and possibly Azpi. 

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Rüdiger I can sadly see leaving but I still can’t imagine that AC will. Toni is nearly 30 and probably wants one last massive contract and a new experience. I think we’ll really miss him both on and off the pitch. AC I think has to be more careful. He’s in the perfect team and in the perfect system that makes him look far better than I think he is. I think it would be a big mistake if he thinks he can go to another big club and replicate his form here. So I think he’ll come to his senses and re-sign.

Would be insane if our club go into the summer needing to replace AC, Rüdiger, and possibly Azpi. 

I cannot see Dave leaving unless Barca go mad and offer him a three year contract on big wages (something you cannot completely rule out, but equally not something entirely likely.) 

AC, I am a bit more concerned about than I was a month or so ago. He seems a prime candidate for Bayern the more I think about it i.e. they get him for free and he can go and play in Germany for the top team over there: a league he already has experience of. 

Rudi I can really see on massive wages at Real or Juve. Tbh, I have kind of already re-signed myself to losing him. 

Edited by King Kante

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Difficult to say. I have not seen colwill at Huddersfield yet. But the stats suggest he is a regular in a far from consistent defensive unit and side. While you could possibly argue that quite a few bundesliga clubs would struggle in the champions themselves, having already some experience at CL level and playing teams like Dortmund and Bayern, lacroix is ahead in his development. If not for this hellish streak of late which is indeed concerning and makes me wonder if he is ready yet(2 red cards, 3 pens caused, one own goal ) I would have said the difference in age does reflect their difference in development . 
i am all for looking at our youth to recruit for contested spots. All those players who fitted in seamlessly give you enough confidence. I just think to replace Rüdiger, we need this extra bit from a cb. As our attackers are so often misfiring, esp Rüdiger often creates this offensive spark with his runs. Lacroix can provide this too, also has a good passing range . I don’t know yet if colwill has this extra bit that would make him a valuable addition to our squad 

Edited by Magic Lamps

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

I cannot see Dave leaving unless Barca go mad and offer him a three year contract on big wages (something you cannot completely rule out, but equally not something entirely likely.) 

AC, I am a bit more concerned about than I was a month or so ago. He seems a prime candidate for Bayern the more I think about it i.e. they get him for free and he can go and play in Germany for the top team over there: a league he already has experience of. 

Rudi I can really see on massive wages at Real or Juve. Tbh, I have kind of already re-signed myself to losing him. 

We can do without losing both AC and Rudi but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they both left. The 3 CB system is perfect for them (especially AC) but if they choose to move on, we could target CBs who can thrive in a back four, change the defensive shape to commit more players forward. 

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Let's hope Atilla is under the radar top signing like Iva and Azpi.  

Welcome Attila the Hun 💪

Anyone has a read on this defender? How good, style of play, how is he on the ball