Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

17 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He also follows Lampard, Alonso... But still just went through his list on insta and apart from Fiorentina and Juventus he only follows Chelsea from clubs. So this is strong indicator that he likes us.

I know you tried before to downplay any rumors with Havertz first and Lukaku last summer so you are doing it again. Hopefully this one also happens 😁

Are you blind? I was just pointing out the facts.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

I really hope the rumours are true about Adeyemi.

He'd be the perfect balance of finding a reliable scorer (I still think Kai will turn into one eventually) without compromising the system.

What rumors? I see a lot from Germany are saying that Dortmund will likely sign Adeyemi. On top of that, him making the jump from the Austrian Bundesliga to the Premier League is big and a risk.

But in any case, are we sure that the attackers we buy in the future won't suddenly look a shadow of their former selves? 😆

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Still question marks over Lukaku on whether he is willing to accept a minor role as its become evident we operate better without a focal point. 

Tuchel: "If Romelu's fully fit, he's a starter for us"

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Juve not qualifying for the CL is the least of their problems at the moment. They're currently under investigation for fraudulent receipts and money laundering through the amount of swap deals they've done. 

In particular, they presented these deals on the accounts that they presented investors and the stock markets. If found guilty they're going to be in massive trouble. 

This. 

Our chance to secure Chiesa greatens if this becomes reality. 

Real Madrid want Rudiger to join Alaba, Militao and Nacho as the CBs to shore up their defense. The club is very optimistic of the signing. The problems are both PSG and Bayern also interested, and just like Madrid would have issues reaching his rumoured €12m net salary demand. The last offer from Chelsea was €8m/year and the player didn't like it at all. Tuchel has tried, unsuccessfully, to convince him.

Edited by Blues Forever

22 hours ago, King Kante said:

Juve not qualifying for the CL is the least of their problems at the moment. They're currently under investigation for fraudulent receipts and money laundering through the amount of swap deals they've done. 

In particular, they presented these deals on the accounts that they presented investors and the stock markets. If found guilty they're going to be in massive trouble. 

Yea I read about that, but unless things progress there's not much point in speculating.

Don't think what they've allegedly done would be a huge problem for a 'regular' private-owned football club (ie. City who have been on the other side of one of the swap deals mentioned) but for a publicly listed company like Juve it has potential to become a huge issue. Just based on the rumors/allegations their stock price has already plummeted by around 25-30% so things could get ugly for them if the allegations are proved.

A lot of this shady balancing of the books could even be considered a direct result of the Ronaldo signing in 2018. They made a net loss of around €90M on the transfer fee and paid him a salary of around €1M per week before tax for three years so overall around €250M for three years of Ronaldo. The first two league titles they'd have won with or without Ronaldo and last season they missed out anyway with him in the team, and didn't have any impact in the UCL in any of the three seasons. They took a huge risk in signing him with the aim of finally going all the way in the UCL and using that to boost their club profile / stock price going forwards but in the end they got fuck all to show for it. What a great way to run a business.

3 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Real Madrid want Rudiger to join Alaba, Militao and Nacho as the CBs to shore up their defense. The club is very optimistic of the signing. The problems are both PSG and Bayern also interested, and just like Madrid would have issues reaching his rumoured €12m net salary demand. The last offer from Chelsea was €8m/year and the player didn't like it at all. Tuchel has tried, unsuccessfully, to convince him.

If Chelsea and Real Madrid is not willing to near your wage demands then you are probably requesting too much.. Bayern will not even be close for sure.

Hopefully we can keep him though.

23 hours ago, lucio said:

Get a forward who can press and a lwb with pace 

A forward who can shoot well too. Apart from Reece, this team genuinely lacks the kind of player who would take a shooting opportunity in and around the box and have enough power to test the keeper. Some of Werner's shooting is embarrassing, Havertz is also generally weak. 

5 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Militao and Nacho are utter dogshit

IF I was running RM and IF AC doesn't renew in the next month

I would try and nick both Rudiger and AC from us on frees (by offering huge salaries we will not match)

they just are not that many current elite, currently at consistent high level CB's out there, and AC and Rudiger are two of them (as are Thiago and now, or at least VERY soon, Trevoh)

the only CB's you can look at and say, yes, they would be an upgrade OR at same level this exact moment are so few (and Rudiger is arguably playing (because of the system) as well as any CB on the planet atm)

Rúben Dias   
Marquinhos  
Milan Skriniar   
Virgil van Dijk   (would be clear number one but still needs time to fully recover) 
Kalidou Koulibaly
David Alaba (he is helping carry RM)

then these two if they regain form

Matthijs de Ligt   
Alessandro Bastoni   

and on potential

Maxence Lacroix

the only truly big names I left out are

Raphaël Varane   (he seems lost without Ramos)
Jules Koundé   (we all know I think he is too short and rash)
Dayot Upamecano   (still do not consider him WC)
José María Giménez    (injury plagued and doesn't even start every game when healthy. like Varane with Ramos, he just never seemed to get over the loss of Godin as his partner)
Pau Torres  (not sold on his toughness)
Stefan de Vrij   (almost added him to the top players, he is having a really solid year, has been a rock for ages)
John Stones (Pep has turned him into a class CB, just not top 10 level)
Laporte (extremely puzzlesome as to why he fell off in form, 2, 3 years ago he was a top 5 on planet CB)

Slabhead and Romagnoli are in the dirt

Chiesa price named

Another winger the Blues are said to be interested in bringing to Stamford Bridge is Italy international Federico Chiesa.

And according to CalcioMercato.it, the player could be available for around £51m.

Juventus are said to be considering signing off on the sale of the Italy international in order to fund a ‘small revolution’ at the club with the side currently struggling in seventh place in Serie A.

Chelsea have been widely linked with a move for Chiesa, who is reportedly tempted by a move to the Premier League.

Names i have seen repeatedly thrown around by 3rd rate sites are Darwin Nunez, Luis Diaz and Ronald Araujo. Ok-ish players. Apart from the few brazilians with thiago being the last we have long not made a punt on south american talent. I doubt anything is in it, probably just their agents trying to stir things up but would be interesting when dip into that talent pool again.

On 03/08/2021 at 23:16, NikkiCFC said:

Impressed by what? Penalties and sitters? Not one single impressive goal.

He is more clinical, I give him that. We spoke many times how Werner and Havertz have 25% conversation rate of big chances.

Lukaku last season in Seria A and CL: 28 goals from 49 big chances so this is 57%.

I honestly expect Lewandowski to be better player in 37 than Lukaku in 32 so we should have spend 120m on him.

On 03/08/2021 at 23:19, Special Juan said:

Another one bookmarked....Do you play with yourself and worry about how the woman feels?

Wake up.

@NikkiCFC this is what I was referring to in my post on the Lukaku thread. 

It's quite funny  how  topic about transfers is called " Chelsea Transfer pub" while in the board, decision makers have replaced water with vodka. 

Only logical explanation I have  for most of transfer decisions made post 2017. 

I hope Chelsea gets a new LV in January because with Alonso it will be nothing with titles.

I would sign one of these players for the LV/LM position in the winter:

Jose Gaya contract only until 2023
Vitaliy Mykolenko huge potential VR 2025
Adrien Truffert giant talent VR 2025

or to the cheap emergency plan Taglafico VR 2023

Maatsen is unfortunately not ready for now for Chelsea to start even if he is doing great this season in the Championship. Maatsen still needs a loan in the Premier League.

Ferland Mendy
Theo Hernandez and Nuno Mendes are unfortunately too unrealistic.

In the IV must also be added since Rüdiger and Christensen still have not signed a new deal.

Kounde or Maxence Lacroix would be my top additions here.

Fofana and Tapsoba have or had serious knee injuries and must first find themselves again.

De Ligt my dream destination would be if at all ev. only in the summer feasible for a lot of money.