Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again, different situation completely, would you not think? 

Wijnaldum’s proven himself as a very good MF player in one of the best PL sides in the last 10 years, where as Saul has clearly not acclimatised to the PL and struggled to show anything of what he has shown for Atletico in the past (unfortunately).

Would go as far as saying Wijnaldum for 6 months would be a great January signing, never mind mentioning the fact its a loan signing and these sort of loans are also difficult to find.

He never proved himself in 2 men MF. He played in 3 men MF in Liverpool where he was most attacking one and in Newcastle he was left MF in 442, AM in 4231 or even a winger sometimes.

@MoroccanBlue mentioned today our MFs are our most important players which last couple of games proved and they are disciplined defensively. Putting Wijnaldum there is to me similar to playing Mount in double pivot which we saw a couple of times as unsuccessful experiment. 

7 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Silva will stay, the other three (Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger) are 50:50.

Think it is probably less than 50/50 with Rudi and AC. In Rudi's case it appears to be more like 10/90 at this point; if the rumours about his wage are true. 

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

True, valid points and I have seen some other posts from you and other guys about him not fitting and the system being affected etc which I agree with points from (too big a can of worms to type out probably could post something that would take all day to type) but lets not beat around the bush here, we needed a striker. This striker, regardless of if it were Kane, Lukaku, Aguero or whoever else, was the one thing we needed to go and push City and Liverpool. We got Lukaku, many pundits, journalists, fans etc thought Lukaku to Chelsea, thats the move they need, they will be right up there come the end of the season because he will score them goals.

Don’t want to take anything away from the way we won the CL without that sort of numbers from a CF but the CL is different (because we had some excellent games and fully deserved to win it outright in my opinion based on the majority of the knockout games), its knockout football, not nearly 40 games over the slog of the best part of 10 or 11 months or so and promising system or tactic or not, those guys wont do it enough so thats why we better hope Lukaku or another attacker can get a lot of goals to compensate for that. And lets not pretend that running the gap close/trying to win the title wasn’t going to be the objective this year after what Tuchel did with this group in a short space, so to do that, we needed a CF and well when looking at a CF, one thing tends to stand out more than anything else - how many goals did/do they score? Stats do overshadow things in football but even then, I find it hard to believe a manager as good as Tuchel cannot find a way to get goals and more out of Lukaku as well as keep the other good things we’ve seen from others than what we’ve seen so far. Even if he has got limitations. 

The problem with this however is that, yes we needed a CF, but we didn't need Lukaku. I said before his signing I'd just rather keep Giroud and Tammy if it meant going for him instead so it wasn't as if we had absolutely no options. 

I mean, let's be serious have we got any more production out of him than we would have out of those two this season?

What is most worrying is that it isn't even a case were we can say, ok, bad singing, lets move on. His fee and wages mean that we are now lumbered with him and will be out of the running for other CF's who come up in the next few years.

As @MoroccanBlue says just above, Lukaku was clearly a bad buy to the majority of people and it wasn't a transfer we should've gone near as not only is it just a case of a bad buy that will impact us for a year, it is a bad buy that will impact us for multiple years. 

Edited by King Kante

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He never proved himself in 2 men MF. He played in 3 men MF in Liverpool where he was most attacking one and in Newcastle he was left MF in 442, AM in 4231 or even a winger sometimes.

@MoroccanBlue mentioned today our MFs are our most important players which last couple of games proved and they are disciplined defensively. Putting Wijnaldum there is to me similar to playing Mount in double pivot which we saw a couple of times as unsuccessful experiment. 

Jorginho never really played in a 2 prior to Lampard being in charge here. Neither did Kovacic. You saying its not possible? Wjinaldum isn’t a championship player…. he’s a top player.

Wjinaldum and Mount are nothing alike so I don’t get the it would be the same as when Mount’s played there. It would be nothing alike if I had to be honest. Wjinaldum is definitely much better suited to playing a the double 6 than Mount who is a number 10.

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

The problem with this however is that, yes we needed a CF, but we didn't need Lukaku. I said before his signing I'd just rather keep Giroud and Tammy if it meant going for him instead so it wasn't as if we had absolutely no options. 

I mean, let's be serious have we got any more production out of him than we would have out of those two this season?

What is most worrying is that it isn't even a case were we can say, ok, bad singing, lets move on. His fee and wages mean that we are now lumbered with him and will be out of the running for other CF's who come up in the next few years.

As @MoroccanBlue says just above, Lukaku was clearly a bad buy to the majority of people and it wasn't a transfer we should've gone near as not only is it just a case of a bad buy that will impact us for a year, it is a bad buy that will impact us for multiple years. 

True and for me, thats the biggest thing that’s disappointing, even with the obvious limitations (although hes an improvement on both of Tammy and Giroud in terms of ability) because barring his first few games, his goal output won’t justify his playing at times (although same argument for the others - but 3 players out of those bunch have got to play - Mount’s only one who is reliable).

I don’t buy that its improbable for him and the others to somehow work together though and do much more than they’ve done so far this season. Illsuited buy or not. Tuchel is a top top coach and I don’t think its a matter of starting from scratch with his system so theres got to be something that will make more happen from those guys if they play together. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Jorginho never really played in a 2 prior to Lampard being in charge here. Neither did Kovacic. You saying its not possible? Wjinaldum isn’t a championship player…. he’s a top player.

Wjinaldum and Mount are nothing alike so I don’t get the it would be the same as when Mount’s played there. It would be nothing alike if I had to be honest. Wjinaldum is definitely much better suited to playing a the double 6 than Mount who is a number 10.

True and for me, thats the biggest thing that’s disappointing, even with the obvious limitations (although hes an improvement on both of Tammy and Giroud in terms of ability) because barring his first few games, his goal output won’t justify his playing at times (although same argument for the others - but 3 players out of those bunch have got to play - Mount’s only one who is reliable).

I don’t buy that its improbable for him and the others to somehow work together though and do much more than they’ve done so far this season. Illsuited buy or not. Tuchel is a top top coach and I don’t think its a matter of starting from scratch with his system so theres got to be something that will make more happen from those guys if they play together. 

Well I hope you're right but I just don't see how it is possible on a number of fronts. 

First is that Lukaku himself hasn't ever shown any capability of being a difference maker in his career unless he is given open space to run into and he isn't required to press with the forward line. When exactly is he going to get that here? For sure, against the likes of Burnley, Zenit, Newcastle, Watford etc, he will probably get goals, but I am not convinced that his output would be any different to what Giroud would've got if given the same sort of minutes, whilst I also question if the team plays as well with him in the team in those sort of games; similar to the complaints Giroud used to get. 

Second is that this isn't the first time he has looked like this and people have tried to work with  him on it. Utd spent two seasons trying to get him to work, Belgium have never had him do much when faced with what he has to deal with in top end international football and even at Everton he got nullified when teams set up deep against them. Therefore, I am not sure what TT can do. 

This said, I appreciate that TT is lightyears ahead in coaching and football knowledge compared to me so who knows, maybe he does have some sort of plan. 

I expect all these players not to be here next season.

Rudiger

Azpilicueta

Sarr

RLC

Barkley

Saul

Werner

Question marks over Kepa, Alonso, Ziyech, Pulisic.

Kepa may leave on loan most likely because he is too good to be number two. Top Italian and Spanish clubs may go for him but question is can they give him salary like Chelsea and does he wants to go there?

Perfect for us if he stays as number two. Anyway Baxter and Cumming are doing amazing on loan.

Alonso will have one year left on contract and most likely he will leave for free in summer 2023. But we managed to sell Zappacosta, I think Alonso tho would prefer to stay as backup and put himself in great position as free agent.

If Werner leave chances that Pulisic and Ziyech both stay are bigger but lets see what happens this season with their game time and level of performance.

Jorginho will also have one year left on contract but he is 30 in a couple of days so dont know how will situation with contract go and his agent often speaks about his return to Italy.

Most likely another player who will leave for free in summer 2023.

Chris and Silva will extend.

These 7 players I think will leave we need to replace with just 4 but top quality. Actually 3 considering Gallagher is already ours and he will replace RLC, Barkley and Saul. Yes, we dont need 5th guy. In summer 2023 yes.

Sarr is extra so Rudi and Azpi need replacing. Kounde is obviously one instead of Azpi for that RCB role, same height. And it will be tricky to find Rudi replacement but needs to be strong, tall defender like De Ligt or Fofana.

But in that case I would be concerned with too many young defenders because only Silva is experienced one. Who of the older guys can replace Rudiger but to have these characteristics?

And I dont know which attacker will be, we are stuck with Lukaku and for wide positions Chiesa comes to mind.

Edited by NikkiCFC

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Rudiger

Azpilicueta

Sarr

RLC

Barkley

Saul

Werner

Kepa may leave on loan most likely because he is too good to be number two. Top Italian and Spanish clubs may go for him but question is can they give him salary like Chelsea and does he wants to go there?

Perfect for us if he stays as number two. Anyway Baxter and Cumming are doing amazing on loan.

Alonso will have one year left on contract and most likely he will leave for free in summer 2023. But we managed to sell Zappacosta, I think Alonso tho would prefer to stay as backup and put himself in great position as free agent.

If Werner leave chances that Pulisic and Ziyech both stay are bigger but lets see what happens this season with their game time and level of performance.

Jorginho will also have one year left on contract but he is 30 in a couple of days so dont know how will situation with contract go and his agent often speaks about his return to Italy.

These 7 players I think will leave we need to replace with just 4 but top quality. Actually 3 considering Gallagher is already ours and he will replace RLC, Barkley and Saul. Yes, we dont need 5th guy. In summer 2023 yes.

Sarr is extra so Rudi and Azpi need replacing. Kounde is obviously one instead of Azpi for that RCB role, same height. And it will be tricky to find Rudi replacement but needs to be strong, tall defender like De Ligt or Fofana.

But in that case I would be concerned with too many young defenders because only Silva is experienced one. Who of the older guys can replace Rudiger but to have these characteristics?

And I dont know which attacker will be, we are stuck with Lukaku and for wide positions Chiesa comes to mind.

Botman also fit the bill, but the problem is both him and De Ligt aren't fast like Rudiger. As for wide positions if two of Ziyech, Pulisic, or Werner leaves we can replaces them with Coman, Oyarzabal, Ikone, Chukwueze, Diaby, Antony, Raphinha, Chiesa, or Dembele.

Edited by Blues Forever

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Rudiger

Azpilicueta

Sarr

RLC

Barkley

Saul

Werner

Personally I see Dave staying and becoming our James Milner utility player as he can play so many positions and is a great character to have in the dressing room. Additionally, it shouldn't be forgotten he has been here 9.5 years now, so any move will uproot his family. Does he really want to do that at 33 with Children and owning a non-league club in England. I am not too sure. 

I think RLC will depend on what he wants. If he won't drop his wages and is happy to except a purely squad role, I can see him staying especially as there are a lot of rumours he is against moving too far from his family. 

Think Werner is a hard sell. Who exactly will we sell him too? Bayern and Madrid won't buy him, Barca are broke and Juve could be getting relegated. Dortmund? Maybe, but no way do they go near his wages. Only kind of deal I could see is a swap for Felix with Atleti, but swaps are incredibly rare, except for clubs looking to do dodgy accounting. Newcastle could possibly want him, but I cannot see him going for it. 

I agree with the others' but reckon Barkley will have to be a loan owing to his wages. 

Edited by King Kante

Chelsea have decided on the structure of the deal as they aim to bring Lucas Digne to Stamford Bridge. The London giants want the former Barcelona man on an initial loan deal and are ready to offer £21.3 million if they decide to exercise the buy option.(TEAMtalk) #CFC #EFC

25 minutes ago, milka said:

Chelsea have decided on the structure of the deal as they aim to bring Lucas Digne to Stamford Bridge. The London giants want the former Barcelona man on an initial loan deal and are ready to offer £21.3 million if they decide to exercise the buy option.(TEAMtalk) #CFC #EFC

that would be a smart deal for us. Will be interesting if Everton accept this. Usually they wouldnt but their situation gives them a terrible negotiation position as long as they keep rafa.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Horrible source. And what if Ben is really back in January. Plus considering his contract and salary I cant see Alonso leaving before summer 2023 for free. We will not have 3 LBs.

yeah, i still doubt it will happen. But we should definitely get rid of alonso sooner. dump him to the reserve team. cant have him blocking a spot in the senior squad to prevent us buying a useful backup