Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

I don't now why we are still targeting a right-footed CBs to replace Rudiger.

Yep, suppose the only thing is there is a shortage of top quality left footed CBs around. Or that are available anyway.

Im pretty confident saying I think Tuchel and the back 3 are here to remain for the remainder of this season and next so if we can get a top level left footed CB that would be great.

10 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Pointless to keep Zouma as he didn't suit Tuchel system. 

and

Kurt Zouma out for up to 12 weeks with hamstring injury in blow to West Ham

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/07/kurt-zouma-out-for-up-to-12-weeks-with-hamstring-injury-in-blow-to-west-ham

11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There's Angelino as well. 

Angeliño is far shorter, not as good defensively, was a flop in the EPL (and on a superb team), plus has regressed this year (no goals, only 1 league assist, in a weak league)

The only big advantage is he is only 25yo (turns 25 in 3 weeks) versus Digne being 28yo now, and 29yo (July 20th, 2022) next season

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Dennis from Watford is younger and have even better numbers in weaker team. Plus Raphina scored many goals from pens. 

From Watford i would prefer ismaila sarr, looks more complete technique wise

17 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Not sure, havent seen any numbers flying around...

Defensive stats have been somewhat fine. Still he never looked convincing to me but is at least as good on dead balls as Alonso so we would not lose anything in comparison. He surely is more comfortable on the ball under pressure than Alonso but also not my favourite kind of fullback. As a back up Digne would be quite decent tho. 

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

We need a Kante lite. A roamer and disrupter of play. That is ultimately what we are missing at the moment. 

Another LB would be nice too. 

We need a Kante with better distribution. But there is no such player around atm. So for now, I will be happy as soon as we get Kovacic and Kante back fit already.

LWB is a huge worry tho. The club must see now that Alonso is a lost cause. We need someone who can make an impact now. If we fail to make a worthwhle acaquisition here, i will massively downgrade my season expectations. With Chilwell I said top 4 would be  a breeze but with Alonso we will be struggling big time.

What is Tuchels preferred formation anyway? Not sure he has any. He looks like a flexible manager who plays to players strength.

Because he changed it in every club. So this is why I dont know what to expect for the future. For example with Frank we knew he likes traditional DM and eventually would bring one (Rice) and drop Jorginho.

Conte and Sarri were also open books about their style. 

People are often speaking about Rice, guy from Monaco, even saw Casemiro links the other day but not sure TT is feeling the same way.

In Mainz he had Polanski, after that Weigl and in PSG he introduced Marquinhos as DM. SO no one here is very physical player. He wanted Jorginho for PSG.

Him changing it to 3atb here is I think more down to our CBs than anything else. And many Chelsea fans seem to forgot that defense can still be great with 4 atb system. Even with Sarri was very solid apart from 2 games.

Will Tuchel switch to 4atb here at some point? If yes, what is preventing him now? What does he need? New CBs? How would Kounde and Gallagher fit in our team as I expect them to be here next season.

So...how many center backs are we going to be in the market for next season? And how many good ones can we actually afford?

Even if we manage to convince Silva to stay, I doubt he's going to keep up the pace next year. Azpi already looks shot and on his way out.