Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

33 minutes ago, milka said:

Jorginho to Mount he to Pulisic ..........   no chance for Courtois

Real - Chelsea 0:1 😍

They cut out Carvalho's amazing assist for Drogba. 

I trust the likes of Thiago Silva, Azpi, and our defense as a whole tomorrow but just fail to see how we’re going to get a real foothold in midfield without Kova in there. He’s the most important of our CM’s. Without him there Modric, Casemiro and Kroos might be able to just completely lock us down and dominate the ball. What those 3 struggle against is legs and driving runs which Kova specializes in. We could potentially move Mason further back but then our attack suffers.

As individuals, Benzema and Vinicius are very good but they don’t terrify you like say Mbappe & Neymar. I think our defense can deal with them. If we were totally injury free and fresh I’d seriously fancy us.

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kante, Jorginho, and Mount out possessed City in the first half. We can trust them to do a job against Kroos, Modric, and Moonface. 

Possession is nothing if we can’t connect the midfield and attack. Look at recent matches without Kova for proof. Neither of J5 or Kante are going to play passes through the lines. And moving Mount back into a 3 weakens our press. 

Just now, Pizy said:

Possession is nothing if we can’t connect the midfield and attack. Look at recent matches without Kova for proof. Neither of J5 or Kante are going to play passes through the lines. And moving Mount back into a 3 weakens our press. 

We scored 3 goals against City. So not understanding your point when that midfield has showed they are capable of competing in big games. 

I made the point several times that Mount needs to play if Kovacic is out. This doesn't mean Mount plays in a midfield three, its just that Mount is on par with Kovacic as being the best players in transition. 

I think we will go through if we show up and play well like v Atletico, Liverpool and City also with Tuchel.

Just have a feeling.

No doubt Madrid are a good team, undoubtedly, but their not as good as some make out. Their experience counts for a lot though. I think if Casemiro, Kroos and Modric play we have to be playing at a high tempo, being relentless off the ball and pressure them. They are top players but Kroos and Modric are also 30+ and both have missed games due to injury so we need to crank it up and get about them.

Standing off Kroos like Liverpool did will cost us, two goals directly came from Liverpool not getting close to him.

Should be an intriguing game. Hopefully get a big Kante performance as well, if he plays well and we defend well, I think we will have a huge chance. 

Obviously we need to score goals but I think Mount, Pulisic, Werner/Havertz have the ability to test their back 4 also. No Mendy at LB for them so talk of Nacho playing there plus no Ramos so they are there to be gotten at. Militao is a good player but the drop off between Ramos and Varane to him is big.

Edited by OneMoSalah

I'm actually quite relaxed about this game, more to than I was for the game against West Ham.

In previous years, when we got this far it was nothing more than what was expected from us. Losing a CL SF back then really, really hurt. 

Of course, I'll be disappointed if we go out, but not like previous years, because really, if we're being honest, this current team isn't top four in Europe level. Its a big bonus for us  jusr being in it at this stage and anything more would be an amazing, extra bonus. So yeah, for a nice change, i can just sit back and enjoy this one 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

I trust the likes of Thiago Silva, Azpi, and our defense as a whole tomorrow but just fail to see how we’re going to get a real foothold in midfield without Kova in there. He’s the most important of our CM’s. Without him there Modric, Casemiro and Kroos might be able to just completely lock us down and dominate the ball. What those 3 struggle against is legs and driving runs which Kova specializes in. We could potentially move Mason further back but then our attack suffers.

As individuals, Benzema and Vinicius are very good but they don’t terrify you like say Mbappe & Neymar. I think our defense can deal with them. If we were totally injury free and fresh I’d seriously fancy us.

We should start Giroud at the opposite end just to piss Benzema off.

Have a feeling that he's going to start regardless 

Ez55WH3XoAEerQV?format=jpg&name=medium

Come on Thomas TuCHELSEA we can beat them  .

it will be difficult against Modric-Casemiro-Kroos but i feel we can  beat this trio 

without Ramos and Mendy they  will have big problems with  Pulisic , Werner , Mount , Ziyech , Haverz  vs Nacho , Militao and Odriozola 

Edited by milka

“ Real Madrid It's twice as big, of course, it's a very different feeling. If you look forward, you only see a wall of people while at Stamford Bridge you can still see the sky or the hotel behind the grandstand''.

Courtois in 2018 after leaving Chelsea .

0 respect to Chelsea then so now zero respect and good words to him . 🙃

it is clear to me that he will make the match of the season tomorrow again like   2014 with Atletico  against us

Edited by milka

1 hour ago, milka said:

“Real Madrid It's twice as big, of course, it's a very different feeling. If you look forward, you only see a wall of people while at Stamford Bridge you can still see the sky or the hotel behind the grandstand''.

Haha that is funny considering he plays this season in training ground for Real 😄