Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Lineup looks clueless. I somehow understood TT going for height against West spams behemoths but Real Madrid really are not a particularly tall or physical side. Also IMO RJ still offers more going forward than Azpi. Our captain will be eaten alive by the pace of Vinicius.

Looking at Real side they are apparentyl shitting their pants as well and parking the aircraft carrierjust as we do. This will be a long, tense night

Edited by Magic Lamps

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Probably three pens to Real. 

I was reading this BS today and laughing so hard – it's a serous pickle: How to ref the match against Real and not make it a first match in history, where ref wouldn't be neutral or against Chelsea? Hard to do, lol. 

Seems they’ve gone to a back 3 and wingbacks to match us. This will be interesting.

Can see why he’s went for the same 3 at the back and also Azpi at RWB. Madrid have got 3 CBs in Militao, Nacho and Varane plus Casemiro and Benzema who are surprisingly strong in the air. Not only that it gives us more solidarity although Azpi at RWB may infuriate some people going forward. 

Suppose though it may give TT the option of changing a CB for Hudson-Odoi later on and putting Azpi back to RWB perhaps? Marcelo at LWB maybe why Azpi is staying at RWB too.

Edited by OneMoSalah

10 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I was reading this BS today and laughing so hard – it's a serous pickle: How to ref the match against Real and not make it a first match in history, where ref wouldn't be neutral or against Chelsea? Hard to do, lol. 

Yeah, we aren't getting anything out of the ref regardless of what UEFA think of Real right now. 

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Am I the only one who notices Gary Linaker constantly talking over the other 3 on the panel. Every single game.

He is mansplaining to them

2020-21 UEFA Champions League, Semifinals

Real Madrid               86.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Chelsea              363.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/mysports/2021/champions-league-real-madrid-vs-Chelsea-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/page-3/

f9384d2acc2b4813c28f973d2e1699a8.png78db03913ea9369aa183ae0361e8b91b.png

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, we aren't getting anything out of the ref regardless of what UEFA think of Real right now. 

Imo RM won at least 2 CL's thanks to refs giving them baffling decisions, refs will not be fair I reckon no matter the ESL debacle

For my sanity’s sake I pray we don’t have one of those games where our press looks nonchalant and we just allow them to boss 70% of the possession. This being the away leg we can afford to be a bit more ambitious and try to take the game to them.

I would feel better if Kova was playing. Ditto Havertz. But if this a 3-5-2 I get the logic if he wants to mainly counter. But the buildup prospects don’t look great with this lineup.

What is this stadium? Is the match played on training ground or it's some sunday league area?

--

ok, I did my research, it's actually training ground, lol

Edited by Vegetable

Just now, Vegetable said:

What is this stadium? Is the match played on training ground or it's some sunday league area?

Training ground while their stadium is being renovated during Covid. Brilliant idea.