Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

1 minute ago, Blues11 said:

Well you could be right, we've seen young players thrive in other leagues then fizzle out playing English football. I would certainly say Haaland's finishing is better than Werner's ever was. Werner has always been a pacey player with good positioning and a capable shot. Haaland's left foot shoots out rockets, straight missiles. 

What I love about Haaland is his confidence. Yeah he'll miss some chances but he'll come right back full force with his arms flailing ready to destroy his next opportunity. Werner lets every miss get into his head and we're all seeing what that does to him at the moment. 

I would still take Haaland in a heartbeat but nothing is ever a guarantee.  

You could argue that it was the same with Werner in Germany. He missed a lot but it also didn't stop him from going and scoring a lot to make up for those misses. 

After the dust has settled the semi is starting anew.
All we have really is the away goal.
We have to fight real hard to go to Istanbul and the home advantage in these matches is exactly 0.00%.
Never mind the quartefinal they played against Loserpool, in which Loserpool achieved a better result at home. Real should have won the away leg too by three goals to nil but they did n't care.

10 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The most clinical men I 've seen in recent years was ... Mitroglou.
Not much of a footballer but killer.

Mitroglou.. Really? Guess your opinion has nothing to do with you being Greek. 

Never played for top team nor scored goal in top3 league, his record is not very outstanding in Portugal or Greece either.

Mentioning critical strikers in top football I rather associate to Lewa, Agüero, Kane, Benzema, Ibrahimovic.. Probably could list up a hundred name before Mitroglou.

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

Mitroglou.. Really? Guess your opinion has nothing to do with you being Greek. 

Never played for top team nor scored goal in top3 league, his record is not very outstanding in Portugal or Greece either.

Mentioning critical strikers in top football I rather associate to Lewa, Agüero, Kane, Benzema, Ibrahimovic.. Probably could list up a hundred name before Mitroglou.

No, I hate his Greek team too.
But look around and you will see that he fits the bill.
When he went to Fulham he was injured  and Fulham knew it but they took the chance and in the end he did not perform for them.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

anyone who doesn't rate Mount is a fucking git

I can say the same about people who don't rate Jorginho (majority of Chelsea fans). But I would never insult them because I am way above that. 

I'm still sitting in the van at work completely miffed at Werner missing that sitter. 

Arghh it's hard not to be negative after watching us play soo well in that first half and still walk away with a draw.

Never the less, it was a decent result considering the performance and how our season started under Lamps.

If we win next week.. I truly believe we can win this competition. There's something about Tuchel that gives me belief. 

39 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'm still sitting in the van at work completely miffed at Werner missing that sitter. 

Arghh it's hard not to be negative after watching us play soo well in that first half and still walk away with a draw.

Never the less, it was a decent result considering the performance and how our season started under Lamps.

If we win next week.. I truly believe we can win this competition. There's something about Tuchel that gives me belief. 

To be absolutely fair it was more of a Courtois save than a Werner miss.
However the clock has ran out for Timo. That much is true.
I 'm now convinced that the pouring rain stopped us from winning. Everybody was soaked wet.

35 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

To be absolutely fair it was more of a Courtois save than a Werner miss.
However the clock has ran out for Timo. That much is true.
I 'm now convinced that the pouring rain stopped us from winning. Everybody was soaked wet.

Not really. When you are 5m in front of a 7m goal to aim at only 2 of which are covered by a keeper then it takes some serious self-sabotage to miss the empty space. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not really. When you are 5m in front of a 7m goal to aim at only 2 of which are covered by a keeper then it takes some serious self-sabotage to miss the empty space. 

Well it was n't like the Germany miss.
Courtois played a part.

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He is one of the 3 most offensive players now under Tuchel. He should be judged on goals and assists solely. When we play James or Azpi and Chilwell as wing backs and Mount and Werner up front it is impossible to score more than once. And again proven tonight. When I saw lineup I thought only Pulisic can do something here and this is what happened. Pulisic definitely had better game and should stay when Havertz and Ziyech came in. It would be more offensive and Real was there for the taking.

Are you aware Pullsic was on a yellow card and had been kicked blue and black that he could barely walk off the pitch when substituted? we were more offensive immediately the changes were made anyway.

We were influenced by the rain but we also got a bit scared.
We should have looked upon it as a fluke equalizer scored against us by Charlton Athletic and proceed to demolish them.
I expect this will happen next week.

Edited by cosmicway