Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

I trust the likes of Thiago Silva, Azpi, and our defense as a whole tomorrow but just fail to see how we’re going to get a real foothold in midfield without Kova in there. He’s the most important of our CM’s. Without him there Modric, Casemiro and Kroos might be able to just completely lock us down and dominate the ball. What those 3 struggle against is legs and driving runs which Kova specializes in. We could potentially move Mason further back but then our attack suffers.

As individuals, Benzema and Vinicius are very good but they don’t terrify you like say Mbappe & Neymar. I think our defense can deal with them. If we were totally injury free and fresh I’d seriously fancy us.

Don't underestimate Kante and Jorginho. Kante is the legs that we will need and Jorginho will need to put in a 10/10 performance to control the midfield. I would like to see Ziyech start too because he can drop deeper and act as the playmaker. He has the CL experience and tore Madrid a new one before. 

6 hours ago, DDA said:

Don't underestimate Kante and Jorginho. Kante is the legs that we will need and Jorginho will need to put in a 10/10 performance to control the midfield. I would like to see Ziyech start too because he can drop deeper and act as the playmaker. He has the CL experience and tore Madrid a new one before. 

I think the defence and midfield picks itself. The front 3 is the decision to be made for TT. Mount has to be there for his energy, a striker has to be there - guessing its Werner for his speed behind the lines, and the third one is between Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz. Leaning towards Ziyech at the moment.

I actually think TT has quite the selection dilemma in defense. All of our CB’s have been playing so well it all comes down to his tactical game plan. Does he think we’ll have the lions share of possession? Then AC may make sense with Azpi as a wing back like he was against WH. Could be why he trailed that system. Does he think we’ll be under siege and need an aerial threat on set pieces to try to pinch an away goal? Then Zouma may start.

Will be very interesting which way he goes. Likewise whether we go false 9 with Havertz, Werner up top, or he surprises everyone and starts Oli to catch them off guard.

19 hours ago, chippy said:

I'm actually quite relaxed about this game, more to than I was for the game against West Ham.

In previous years, when we got this far it was nothing more than what was expected from us. Losing a CL SF back then really, really hurt. 

Of course, I'll be disappointed if we go out, but not like previous years, because really, if we're being honest, this current team isn't top four in Europe level. Its a big bonus for us  jusr being in it at this stage and anything more would be an amazing, extra bonus. So yeah, for a nice change, i can just sit back and enjoy this one 

Well put

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I actually think TT has quite the selection dilemma in defense. All of our CB’s have been playing so well it all comes down to his tactical game plan. Does he think we’ll have the lions share of possession? Then AC may make sense with Azpi as a wing back like he was against WH. Could be why he trailed that system. Does he think we’ll be under siege and need an aerial threat on set pieces to try to pinch an away goal? Then Zouma may start.

Will be very interesting which way he goes. Likewise whether we go false 9 with Havertz, Werner up top, or he surprises everyone and starts Oli to catch them off guard.

Tuchel said he played 3 CBs at the back against West Ham because of their aerial threat and he put Azpi at RWB because of his experience and that he's the captain. Do Real Madrid possess a big aerial threat?

Am sure it's also not lost on Tuchel that Azpi got done several times pace wise when he had to defend against West Ham. 

1 hour ago, Supermonkey said:

Mendy 

James azpi silva Rudiger Chilwell is assured 

(Though tbh I kinda want Alonso to start for an extra man in the box and free kick danger. Plus you know he's gonna let fly against his old club lol) 

Chilwell is better than Alonso all over the pitch except maybe in the opposition box. I wouldn't risk Alonso's slowness in this game at all if possible.

6 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

10 hours to go. Can't wait! 

Remember our last CL semi-final? 

We lost, but I really miss this nights. 

I was there that night. Great atmosphere. Even though we lost it really was a top night at the Bridge.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

that should motivate us even more 💪

This meme doesn’t even make sense. Real Madrid we’re the biggest proponents of the Super League and we’re the most desperate to form it due to their colossal debt. If anything, the world should be cheering for us to win, not RM.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This meme doesn’t even make sense. Real Madrid we’re the biggest proponents of the Super League and we’re the most desperate to form it due to their colossal debt. If anything, the world should be cheering for us to win, not RM.

It makes sense when you read other PL club sites and they are all cheering for RM to win. They do not want to see Chelsea have a better season than their club.

Really not sure what to make of tonight's game.

One side of me feels this Madrid side are there for the taking. An ageing side that could take us lightly and be shocked and overwhelmed as a result. The ease in which we dispatched Atletico and hammered Sevilla earlier in the season asks questions over the quality in La Liga, and there's question marks over how good their Liverpool win was given the wretched form they've been in this calendar year.

However this is a wily, seasoned group of players. We know how important that experience can be when you reach the latter stages. That big game experience and know-how is a big worry.