The Tuchel Thread

Jase

13 hours ago, Strike said:

I hope this isn't the kind of shit that makes him get cold feet.

It's one thing to show support for the owner, but like Tuchel said, there's a time and place for it. And this wasn't it.

Hope they don't repeat this at the next game, and especially not at the Bridge.

Tuchel assured fans he would not leave them in the lurch.

He said: "There's no doubt I stay until the end of the season. We just have to wait day by day because everything can change.

"This result has a huge impact on us, to give this pleasure to our fans means a lot. It changes everything.

"We are aware how privileged we are. This is a huge club, we are in the focus, but we are very privileged.

"Hundreds of people in this club are not so privileged, maybe face a more existential threat and are more worried about their future than us.

"This gives us a responsibility to fight for them, keep their heads up high and not give in. This is what we can do and this is what they demand from us."

• 3 weeks later...

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel splits from his former journalist wife Sissi after 13 years of marriage

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10679845/Chelsea-boss-Thomas-Tuchel-splits-former-journalist-wife-Sissi-13-years-marriage.html

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has split from his wife, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

While facing the fallout from the Government's sanctions on Roman Abramovich, the club's Russian oligarch owner, Tuchel has also been dealing with the collapse of his 13-year marriage.

His wife Sissi began divorce proceedings last week, with friends saying that 'all avenues are exhausted' when it comes to hopes of a reconciliation.

'Sissi and Thomas have tried to avoid splitting but in the end there was no other way,' said a source.

'It is very sad and now it is all about making sure their daughters are the top priority. Papers were lodged last week to get the divorce under way.'

Former journalist Mrs Tuchel moved to Britain in August, seven months after Tuchel, 48, joined Chelsea from the French team Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).

While facing the fallout from the Government's sanctions on Roman Abramovich, the club's Russian oligarch owner, Tuchel has also been dealing with the collapse of his 13-year marriage. Pictured: Thomas and Sissi

He initially stayed in a hotel before the family set up home in Cobham, Surrey, near Chelsea's training ground.

Tuchel, who is reportedly paid £7million a year, now faces a multi-million-pound divorce deal. His wife gave up her job at the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung to bring up their family, so may be entitled to a slice of his future earnings as well as up to half of his current fortune. Sources say the couple are determined to keep the divorce amicable.

Just ten months ago, Mrs Tuchel was seen running across the pitch at Porto's Estadio do Dragao before leaping into her husband's arms after Chelsea secured a 1-0 Champions League victory over Manchester City.

While manager of PSG, Tuchel and his family lived in the upmarket Hauts-de-Seine district of Paris. Mrs Tuchel, 46, has been credited with helping her husband to excel during a managerial career that has seen him win a clutch of trophies in Germany, France and England.

'Sissi is no fool, she isn't your archetypal footballer's wife, she is a clever woman,' said the source.

Tuchel has been praised for the way in which he has coped with the restrictions placed on Chelsea after Abramovich was sanctioned following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

As a new owner is sought, the club cannot sell tickets for games, sign players or give new contracts to existing players. Tuchel, whose team was thrashed at home by Brentford yesterday, did not respond to a request for comment.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Milan said:

A masterclass in Madrid.

A week later Arteta’s bitch.

He needs to stop playing some horrid players once and for all.

I'm convinced he threw that to keep Arteta in a job.

Pep use to do exactly the same with Ole when he didn't (desperately) need the points.

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

That’s some game from him then! 😅

I'm semi jesting but it wouldn't actually surprise me.

I remember that Manchester Derby in 19/20 with City out of the title race but comfortably in the top four Pep played the most insane highline knowing how much thay suits United yet when they played each other in a semi final a month later City toyed with them.

Is it just me or is he looking and sounding a bit stressed/frustrated? I mean I dont want to make excuses for the guy but the last 8 weeks or so have been incredibly stressful mentally probably with all the talk or distractions from the press of Ukraine-Russia, Roman-Putin, new owners and splitting from his wife so I am not surprised that Tuchel is maybe starting to cut a frustrated figure of late. Throw in recent performances also doesn’t help clearly. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Blaming the pitch. 

Is Tuchel trying to wind us up? 

He’s maybe saying that to the press but I have no doubts he will be in the dressing room tearing some of them guys apart and have clearer thoughts on how we lost tonight. The performances the last 3 home games defensively have been awful. 11 goals conceded. He also talked about mistakes also so its not as if he hasn’t said anything else and is just blaming the pitch. Its probably deflection tactics.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Chelsea’s Chilwell will not return before end of season, Kovacic out with ligament injury

https://theathletic.com/news/chelseas-chilwell-will-not-return-before-end-of-season-kovacic-out-with-ligament-injury/AQhLdQU0xy0I/

Chelsea’s Chilwell will not return before end of season, Kovacic out with ligament injury.

Chelsea wing-back Ben Chilwell won’t play again this season — but there is hope that he will return to first-team training before the end of the campaign.

Midfielder Mateo Kovacic has also sustained ligament damage, which head coach Thomas Tuchel hopes will only keep him out for two weeks.

Chilwell has been out since November with an ACL injury and ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League game against Arsenal, Tuchel gave an update on the Englishman’s recovery.

“Ben will be able to join in team training with the youth, this will be his next step in the weeks (to come),” Tuchel said on Tuesday. “Hopefully, he can join our training at the end of the season.”

Kovacic, meanwhile, had to be substituted off during the first half of Chelsea’s 2-0 FA Cup semi-final victory over Crystal Palace on Sunday.

Tuchel confirmed the Croatia international, along with Callum Hudson-Odoi, will not feature against Arsenal, saying: “Kova is out of the game, ligament injury. Hopefully, not longer than two weeks.

“Callum out of the game. With Callum, it’s day by day but not possible to join team training.”

Tuchel added that there were “some players in doubt who we need to examine”, ahead of the clash with sixth-placed Arsenal on Wednesday night.

Chelsea sit third in the Premier League, five points ahead of fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur with two games in hand.

Will Chilwell’s continued absence be a problem for Chelsea?

LIAM TWOMEY, Chelsea CORRESPONDENT: Chilwell’s absence has been a problem for Chelsea ever since his ACL gave way against Juventus in November.

Marcos Alonso has at times performed at a high level at left wing-back in Tuchel’s system — most notably in the remarkable near-comeback against Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu — but he lacks Chilwell’s consistency, as well as his speed and dynamism.

It is no coincidence that the injury precipitated a significant drop-off in Chelsea’s attacking fluidity in the final months of 2021, leading to the run of dropped points that derailed their Premier League title challenge.

Not having him between now and May is very unlikely to prevent Tuchel from delivering a top-four finish in the Premier League, but Chelsea may well miss Chilwell in the FA Cup final against Liverpool.