The Tuchel Thread

Jase

On 13/02/2022 at 00:15, NikkiCFC said:

And if he wins Cup in 2 weeks against Liverpool he would equal Klopps number of trophies there in 6 and a half years in just 13 months.

To be fair, Klopp inherited an absolute mess of a squad back in 2015. Tuchel had a far better foundation to build on. 

21 hours ago, Clockwork said:
No chance imo, we still had issues creating and scoring goals from our forwards. And we were on pace to shatter the best defensive record in PL history and that was not sustainable.

It is simply. We attack with less players.

On 14/02/2022 at 18:16, Clockwork said:

No chance imo, we still had issues creating and scoring goals from our forwards. And we were on pace to shatter the best defensive record in PL history and that was not sustainable.

Eh...I wouldn't say no chance.

Considering we were 5 points clear in November. Before covid and injuries hit.

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Eh...I wouldn't say no chance.

Considering we were 5 points clear in November. Before covid and injuries hit.

absolutely we would far more involved in the race for the top, a clear 2nd for sure and close enough to beat Citeh to the tape if we beat them and they stumbled

TT must be absolutely trolling the reporter blaming the time difference (4hrs) and temperature difference. He says 30 degrees difference when in fact it was more like 15degrees. Azpi and CHO having missed training and not made the bench however is true and probably would have changed our approach to the match. The Cup final is where i really want and expect us to turn up, esp with liverpool playing on wednesday and having to make a longer trip to wembley.

7 hours ago, Mário César said:

still a chance for fight for the title?

yes, if we instantly now swap Lukaku, Sarr, and Pulisic for Lewa, Theo Hernandez and Mbappe,

plus De Bruyne, Ederson, and Dias for Citeh, and Salah, Mane, and VVD for Pool go out for the season

lol

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hermione said:

He is staying.

With the new owners, they will be looking for long term sustainability. 

Tuchel has his negatives, but his positives heavily outweigh them. I think based on all the managers we've recently had, Tuchel is arguably the one who I can see being here long term. 

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

With the new owners, they will be looking for long term sustainability. 

Tuchel has his negatives, but his positives heavily outweigh them. I think based on all the managers we've recently had, Tuchel is arguably the one who I can see being here long term. 

Thinking about what new owners will want or wont want is a bit premature.

There has been no offers and this process will undoubtedly be drawn out due to the asking price not to mention complications if Roman is sanctioned amongst other things.

Plus I have a feeling any new potential owners may look at the cycle and success we’ve had the past 20 years and think, maybe it isn’t worth changing too much too soon? Who knows. Still it’s going to be months before anything is done more than likely and I wouldn’t be surprised if Roman is still owner come end of the season. 

If all parties are in agreement on terms and the owners is easily vetted, the sale can be approved in ten days. That is the fastest it has happened. If Roman is truly trying to do this with the fear of sanctions happening, it can be very fast. If he is doing this as a way to slow down being sanctioned, it could drag out for a long time.

''Tuchel showed a lot of class in his press conference after the game tonight. Was asked about Chelsea fans singing Abramovich's name during the minute's applause for Ukraine. 'It was not the moment to do this,' he said. 'It’s not the moment to give other messages.'

Fair dos on him for bringing it up..not the time for it to happen!