Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Mourinho Thread

Followers 3

What's the talk of Mourinho out-done tactically? Madrid were in total control and were unlucky not to score 4-5 goals. Fabio Coentrao in particular had two chances, both of which were wonderfully saved by De Gea. Also Ronaldo wasn't far away from his second only to miss the target from close range with his head. United go lucky and were only dangerous during couple of occasions (Van Persie's miss for example)

Also they can't play as defensive and as deep when they're at Old Trafford, because it might and most certainly will backfire. It's beyond me how Jones didn't even get booked, was allright but very raw with his challanges. Same could be said about Varane who took down Evra, easily could have been a straight red (last man), credit to the referee though, kept it under control as much as needed. It's men's game, there should be some kind of physical battle allowed.

Yea they were unlucky and Mourinho had full control of what he was doing tactically speaking.

Yea about the ref FFS! The Manure scumbags are pretty much bombarding Troll Football with pics of Felix Brych in an RM jersey. He helped them a lot!

• Replies 38.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jase

• Fernando

• xPetrCechx

• Tomo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

I love how the media have even managed to brainwash even a section off our own supporters with this bus parking bollox, it's truly unbelievable. The games in question mainly were Old Trafford, The Em

Posted Images

I have also been wondering whether the pitch at Old Trafford will
help Madrid as it is more wide due to which Madrid will have more space
for their attacks? Also Mourinho has had some gr8 moments at Old
Trafford remember these!

Ah, Mesut Ozil was such a steal for Madrid, under £10m. What a player he's become!

he has always been quality and a perfect example that magicians do not need to be midgets who get bullied all the time and hence are useless as soon as their opponents are stronger and faster than them.

Something feels different about this year's Jose rumours. The usual whispers are getting louder each day and more importantly, after 5 years, we have run out of quality manager options to replace him.

Yeah Marcelo - that's the dude I was thinking of - he's always been good when I've seen him play - great shot too...

Not sure on RM defence - it is a bit shaky... I think it's a different mentality there though - he has to play attacking, as thats what the fans expect...

Yea but I never understand this with 'attacking' teams. The whole idea of attacking football is that u commit more men forward. I never understand how the attacking mentality results in teams doing basic errors such as defending set pieces.

Something feels different about this year's Jose rumours. The usual whispers are getting louder each day and more importantly, after 5 years, we have run out of quality manager options to replace him.

I think it's also because this season we're more deseprate for Jose then we ever have since he's left!

I guess the reason why we're always linked to Jose and not other Chelsea managers is because he himself's a true blue and we still love him more than any other manager

• Like 2

Yea but I never understand this with 'attacking' teams. The whole idea of attacking football is that u commit more men forward. I never understand how the attacking mentality results in teams doing basic errors such as defending set pieces.

Yeah when you put it like that - does seem weird!

Maybe they just think we will score more than you?

Think RM has major EGO issues - maybe the players aren't doing what's asked of them. One thing I will give Eden Hazard big credit for this year is his change in attitude towards defending - some of the RM players don't have that work ethic.

Also to be fair to Wellbeck, he's a tall strong lad and won the header well. Great finish - but can't help seeing him as Utds version of our Carlton Cole. One thing the lad does though and deserves respect, he runs his heart out for 90 minutes. You can't underestimate that - always gives the midfield an option! ;)

• Like 1

What's the talk of Mourinho out-done tactically? Madrid were in total control and were unlucky not to score 4-5 goals. Fabio Coentrao in particular had two chances, both of which were wonderfully saved by De Gea. Also Ronaldo wasn't far away from his second only to miss the target from close range with his head. United go lucky and were only dangerous during couple of occasions (Van Persie's miss for example)

Also they can't play as defensive and as deep when they're at Old Trafford, because it might and most certainly will backfire. It's beyond me how Jones didn't even get booked, was allright but very raw with his challanges. Same could be said about Varane who took down Evra, easily could have been a straight red (last man), credit to the referee though, kept it under control as much as needed. It's men's game, there should be some kind of physical battle allowed.

This idea that Mourinho is some tactical genius is laughable. Mourinho is more of a motivator than he is tactician.

This idea that Mourinho is some tactical genius is laughable. Mourinho is more of a motivator than he is tactician.

I'm not saying he's a genius or not, but how many teams struggled to cope with that 433 in his first couple of seasons at the Bridge? In fact how many clubs are now using that formation or variations on it?

I'm not going to say he invented it but that tactic was one of the things that won us the titles. Plus there was that beautiful moment before the Barca 2nd leg when he announced the teams in the press conference. That's a tactic of sorts and one could argue it was pretty effective in getting in the Barca players heads.

I'm not saying he's a genius or not, but how many teams struggled to cope with that 433 in his first couple of seasons at the Bridge? In fact how many clubs are now using that formation or variations on it?

I'm not going to say he invented it but that tactic was one of the things that won us the titles. Plus there was that beautiful moment before the Barca 2nd leg when he announced the teams in the press conference. That's a tactic of sorts and one could argue it was pretty effective in getting in the Barca players heads.

The Premier League was a 4-4-2 league devoid of any real tactics. Any deviation from that would look out of the ordinary. His tactics weren't brilliant in Italy and they aren't in Spain. He wins because he manages good clubs with excellent players and is able to motivate them to perform to their maximum. He's a great manager but not the tactician that people build him up to be.

Yeah when you put it like that - does seem weird!

Maybe they just think we will score more than you?

Think RM has major EGO issues - maybe the players aren't doing what's asked of them. One thing I will give Eden Hazard big credit for this year is his change in attitude towards defending - some of the RM players don't have that work ethic.

Also to be fair to Wellbeck, he's a tall strong lad and won the header well. Great finish - but can't help seeing him as Utds version of our Carlton Cole. One thing the lad does though and deserves respect, he runs his heart out for 90 minutes. You can't underestimate that - always gives the midfield an option! ;)

but he's got a dark side too................

not worth being in a spoiler because it's so damn obvious but it's DIVING

• Like 1

The Premier League was a 4-4-2 league devoid of any real tactics. Any deviation from that would look out of the ordinary. His tactics weren't brilliant in Italy and they aren't in Spain. He wins because he manages good clubs with excellent players and is able to motivate them to perform to their maximum. He's a great manager but not the tactician that people build him up to be.

Porto (2002–2004) Chelsea (2004–2007) Internazionale (2008–2010) Real Madrid (2010–present)

You don't win all that just because you give good half time speeches. He is a titan of a manager. One of the best if not the best out there.

• Like 3

His use of Etoo at Inter was both novel and mightily effective and his tactics against Barcelona were spot on. It's easy to say 'well Robbie did it', but look at Wenger and Ferguson who were both outplayed by that Barca team.

I think by the logic you're using you could diminish any coach's tactical achievements. It happens in every sport. Look at basketball where Phil Jackson has won 11 titles and has received plenty of acclaim for his tactical nous, but there's always people prepared to say 'well he had Jordan' or 'he had Shaq' or 'he had Kobe and Shaq' or 'he had Kobe'.

• Like 1

Mourinho's quality being questioned??? Really?

He has immence tactical ability. Every single training session he records and studies in his special book he carries with him. One of his best assests is his man management and his motivational skills, but saying he is tactically inept is crazy.

EDIT: Changed the spelling as to not offend the spelling police... @Muzchap, :D

• Like 4