The Mourinho Thread

So in order:

You know the answer is only one, I know the answer is only one but you don't want to say so, because we both know that the point you're making isn't supported by the answer. There have been a number who've gone on to decent professional careers in lower leagues, Jack Corks gotten himself in or around the first team at Southampton but possibly won't last there long. Thus far all the investment has done for us in terms of producing players is Ryan Bertrand who's second choice left-back and second choice left-sided midfield, promising perhaps but not and won't be a first team regular for us for at least a season and a half. It's not a bell-ringing, flag waving success to my mind, especially when they've been spending big money on 'known' teenagers as well as taking kids through the age-groups. The current age group that includes players between the 'Youth-Cup', the NextGen Series and the U21 groups show some promise and Piazon and to a lesser degree Ake have at least set foot onto the pitch for the First-Team. Believe me Ake is miles away from being ready for First Team action as is Feruz, who we did not develop, we nipped in when a flaw in the FA's recruitment system allowed us to pay £300k for him at 16 years old. Saville, Swift, Baker are a few promising players but again nowhere near the standard required for our first team.

On to Emenalo, he's Technical Director not a DofF and his stated responsibilities would be taken up at the other clubs by either DofF, Managers Assistants or Technical Advisors - He'd not get a job with any of them, why hadn't his 'talent' been snapped up before? He's supposed to and I quote from the clubs statement "supports the work of the first team manager, leading the club's international and domestic scouting network, and assists in driving the technical programmes of our Academy and international youth network". What scouting was required for Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz - Hardly any, known quantities. What other scouting may he have done? He may have assisted with the younger teams but we've a good selection of experienced Coaches and Neil Bath already in place, so I have my doubts as to his technical input. As you no doubt can tell I have grave reservations about his talent, to use your F1 analagy, you wouldn't have a mechanic in your Ferrari F1 team, who's only previous experience was with second-hand LDV Vans, in short he's been over-promoted and lacks the necessary experience to bridge the gap. Mike Forde is our Director of Football Operations who has no playing experience at any professional level, less than Emenalo.

Do you know who's in charge of Loanees and development of them? I do from personal knowledge and it sure isn't Emenalo.

In terms of your comments about stability etc, I can see where you're coming from but again show me where the 'model' being suggested by you has worked long-term in the top leagues in Europe, I can think of one club. Italian Clubs were being forced down the route of development because of commercial constraints, but after 2-3 seasons of frugality they again now appear to be 'chasing the dragon' with pots of money.

Applaud those who do good jobs by all means, but applaud those for whom the jury is still most definately out and who have plenty to prove - No way

I will readily admit that Terry is the only product we've produced but I wasn't going to include him because he was pre-Abramovich. I agree with what you're saying here.

You make some good points about Emenalo, yet you also suggested we go after Nevin for that role. To use your own reasoning, what other club would he get a job at? The one that he was a Chief Exec of before they went into administration? Should we be approaching him now before Fergie gets his hands on him?

My view on Emenalo is that since he's been in his position, our transfer policy has radically changed and for the better in my opinion although driven by Roman's desire to put Guardiola in place in the Summer. He doesn't have the experience that some might want but in my opinion it's way too early to come to a conclusion on the job he's done, but I do think he's being scapegoated for the mistakes made by his predecessors. He's not made the same ones so by those low standards, he's something of an improvement.

Great post btw. I think we both agree on the problems in the club, but I think we just see different root causes for them. I'm also fairly optimistic that they aren't still being made (except for the head coach position) and that we're doing things the right way now.

Someone may have already asked this, but I'm too lazy to go through 30 pages to find out. What makes this year's speculation any more substantive than the speculation every year since he left? Or is this just because it's fun to speculate about the return of the "Special One?" (Which I agree, it is very fun)

Because Real madrid has a poor season. Jose makes strange things like send Iker to the bench, because there are many speculation, that
he "lose" the dressing room, even from Iker's Girlfriend.
fans don't like him...

Jose in his first season at Chelsea, ended the club's 50-year wait for the league title and moulded the club into a European force. Chelsea managers have used Jose´s blueprint to mastermind their own glory at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho's tactical nous and knowledge of the game has been just as important to Chelsea in the past 10 years as Abramovich's fortune. They formed a lethal partnership that threatened to dominate English and European football, then.

So just bring him back, pay him whatever he wants & start walloping the PL, CL ....

During the past month, Jorge Mendes, agent of Jose Mourinho, has increased contacts with Chelsea's owner, Roman Abramovich
The Times reported on Saturday that Mourinho and Abramovich have constantly been exchanging text messages with each other

#CFC

(El Pais)

http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2013/02/05/actualidad/1360089691_273822.html

BCfA_1jCMAAoTuk.jpg

Sounds amazing, but they will probably have another story tommorrow where Jose snubs chelsea for PSG or something. I'll wait until i get it from a slightly more credible source before getting very happy, but the more links the better, and hope is still hope, be it false or otherwise.

Well, the talk is that he's gonna get sacked from Real if they get kicked out of the Champions League against ManU.

I doubt that he would join us before the summer (or any other team). He could say what team he's gonna join but I doubt he would.

I just want him back, every single Chelsea fan loves him. He loves Chelsea, he wants to come back to England and has stated that after Real he would do so.