The Mourinho Thread

It will only come back and bite us if the board do not make the right approach to the next manager in the summer, and by that I mean the right man. The man who can 1. Identify the exact players we need and not has beens....2. Rip up the lot and start from scratch including tactical approach and allow players to play to their full strengths without being shackled...3. Adapt a totally new style of play, deploy formations that work and are not rigid....4. And not be afraid to integrate the young lads by deploying them into matches to learn from senior players on a regular basis.

Others managers in the country manage to play with a much more expansive style than we do, we have a fear of losing and a negative approach to every game, that has to change and as a team we must start imposing our quality on the pitch and onto other teams. Things like starting games slowly is one example, the mindset right now is such a turgid one that I don't think JM knew how to change, his tactics became lifeless and easily found out.

What incentive (besides money) would Simeone or Pep have to come to a non CL team with a strict owner? I think those are the only two managers that he would look at. We've been slow starts and had a negative approach long before Jose's second tenure. We're known as bus parkers. I do think this will come back to bite us. Jose will go to United and win them a league title or two. Those tactics are the same tactics that won us the league running away last season. I think the players are more at fault than Jose. They didn't enjoy playing for him anymore, and for me, that's a problem.

Club statement

Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have today parted company by mutual consent.

All at Chelsea thank Jose for his immense contribution since he returned as manager in the summer of 2013.

His three league titles, FA Cup, Community Shield and three League Cup wins over two spells make him the most successful manager in our 110-year history. But both Jose and the board agreed results have not been good enough this season and believe it is in the best interests of both parties to go our separate ways.

The club wishes to make clear Jose leaves us on good terms and will always remain a much-loved, respected and significant figure at Chelsea. His legacy at Stamford Bridge and in England has long been guaranteed and he will always be warmly welcomed back to Stamford Bridge.

The club’s focus is now on ensuring our talented squad reaches its potential.

There will be no further comment until a new appointment is made.

Probably not but they certainly haven't been anywhere near their best. Blaming Mourinho, the shit offensive style etc can only go so far.

At the end of day, the manager can prepare everything with the team but if the players don't go out there and perform like they should, then what can he do? (not saying Mourinho is faultless by the way)

Exactly.

Apparently Jose hasn't been doing enough training for the midfield to keep the ball for 20 seconds I'm the opponents half. You see modern football is about getting anyone and making them professional players ;)

But he's in the position to coach attacking strategies in training. The fact is that as a coach, Mourinho has shown little evidence he knows how to do that. And this again was his main downfall.

Just from top of my head:

• Chelsea: season 2014/2015 - Champion of England, top of the EPL from matchday 1 to 38, finishing as second best attacking side and best defensive side in the league.
  • Real Madrid: season 2011/2012 - Champion of Spain, records for most away wins, most games won in a La Liga season, most points in a top European League, record for most goals scored in a season (121), highest goal difference (+89).

What incentive (besides money) would Simeone or Pep have to come to a non CL team with a strict owner? I think those are the only two managers that he would look at. We've been slow starts and had a negative approach long before Jose's second tenure. We're known as bus parkers. I do think this will come back to bite us. Jose will go to United and win them a league title or two. Those tactics are the same tactics that won us the league running away last season. I think the players are more at fault than Jose. They didn't enjoy playing for him anymore, and for me, that's a problem.

The PL is an attraction in itself. I'm not bothered in the slightest where JM goes in all honesty, I'm more bothered about were our next 3 points are coming from. Along with the players he's created this mess whether people like it or not.

José will always be a Chelsea legend. I hope he doesn't resent the club for this, I would hate for there to be hostile relations again. I hope he won't take charge of another English club because then we'll see who was right in the end, won't we?

#OneOfUs

But he's in the position to coach attacking strategies in training. The fact is that as a coach, Mourinho has shown little evidence he knows how to do that. And this again was his main downfall.

Going by that logic, I've got a question for you - were you a straight A student in school? Because I'm sure your teachers gave it their all in the class room.

The PL is an attraction in itself. I'm not bothered in the slightest where JM goes in all honesty, I'm more bothered about were our next 3 points are coming from. Along with the players he's created this mess whether people like it or not.

I agree. But those two guys will likely have City and United, possible CL clubs, as destinations. Not us.

Okay then, fuck Jose.

Surprised me there with this somewhat abrupt decision - I thought he was going to last till next summer.

Thanks for all the good memories and excitement, Jose Mourinho.

But things were not working out as they should and enjoy the break before your next job.

Meanwhile, I would like to see the club appoint a manager who will allow the attacking players express themselves more instead of the endless back-tracking and with more youth players involved in first team action. The likes of Willian and Pedro will attack more and score more goals from now onwards, I am sure of that.