The Mourinho Thread

Thanks for everything, Jose....again! You will always be remembered and loved as a Chelsea legend.

That said, the reactions are completely irrational, but I guess that was always bound to be the case. It's been for some time a matter of when and not if, with the most optimistic guesses being that he will be sacked at the end of the season. Regardless of how much actual blame you think is on Jose, as the manager he will always take the responsibility.

The new manager (hopefully Hidink not that other guy whom I've never heard of before) will likely raise morale and get the team playing better in the short term, but in no way are our problems solved. We need major changes in the starting XI in the summer.

Why are some of you sad that he's gone? After the shit you said about him, I'd think you would be celebrating.

Because the club is number one priority.

We always want the club to do well no matter who is here.

It was not good with Mourinho and thus we are relieved he is gone because it means we can move forward.

But we are sad because after the club we appreciate the human being, the work that he did in the past.

I think its a good decision. People dont exist in vacuum, they respond to their environment. Mourinho have always seemed to me like a person who will not change or adapt to anything but himself. This is why he is unable to stay in one club for too long, eventually he runs out of backers. I for one am tired of all the controversy, I want an adult as coach, and someone who is less rigid. Jose is freaking Stannis Baratheon.

The players have a lot of blame here, they have played horribly at times. It might be a combination of their ambition disappearing due to last seasons success, but also no doubt many of them lack loyalty to the manager. It doesnt matter who the manager is, but when you dont have the backing of your team, you are done.

There is a lot of talent in the squad, we just need a way to activate it. I am not too thrilled with Hiddink for now, but it is understandable as we will not get a top candidate in the middle of the season. There are some fun names in the summer though; Guardiola, Conte and De Boer are all talented managers who could do quite some work here.

Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, speaking on Sky Sports, says: "They needed a change to spark a reaction, but they have sacked the best manager in their history and the best manager in the game.

"The players should be held accountable. You cannot sack all the players so sack the manager - whether right or wrong.

"What happened in some of the games is not all down to Mourinho. There was a lack of desire and commitment.

"I kept saying Chelsea will turn it around but they didn't. I don't know if he would have turned it around but you have to be careful what you wish for. It's a sad day if you are a Chelsea fan. The media are losing a great character and hopefully he can bounce back."

From when though? Either way. He's not available. I would have liked to see him here. Wouldn't mind being entertained on Saturdays.

Furthermore Jurgens impact at Liverpool has been overexaggarated some what, the City and Saints matches were impressive but beyond that their hasn't actually been that much improvement, the Swansea and Newcastle games for Liverpool are as bad as any display we've put on this season.

He will probably sort the problems out, but he hasn't had the impact the Scouse loving media are suggesting.

It's hard to watch but it's the board decision.

Now i have a trouble to support some players, they deserve to got axe too.

Hopefully this decision was base on club rather than the demand of players.

If not that will be another disgust reputation from our players.