The Mourinho Thread

Something had to change and obviously you can't sack the players or the board even though both are at bigger fault imo than Jose. But the sad thing is that only he and the fans are actually paying the price now. So again we are back on square one. Let's see what the board has in store now that this Mourinho-10year plan is all gone. Guus is a decent fan friendly solution but it's only for this season...

The timing is horrible.

A few months ago, we could have had Klopp and a better chance at Pep.

Now, I think Pep is as good as at City (probably decided months ago), and Ancelotti is lined up for Bayern. Pickings are slim. I'd expect Guus until the end of the year, but the list of permanent names is uninspiring.

True, but José isn't in the position to string more than 2 passes together or put the ball in the back of the net. If he was however, you can bet your bollocks he'd try, which is more than can be said for the majority of our squad currently.

But he's in the position to coach attacking strategies in training. The fact is that as a coach, Mourinho has shown little evidence he knows how to do that. And this again was his main downfall.

I see your point but that is how football is. Often when managers get sacked and a new manager comes in, it is often the case that you see a complete difference in form. It is almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy that the players have and can't change the terrible situation they are in. Look at Gladbach for example. They started of awful. I don't think the players said to themselves: "fuck it, I won't play for Favre any more". This was a manager who played great football and guided them to 3rd spot last season however it just was not working and the tactics were not getting anywhere. They get a new manager from within the club the suddenly they have been terrific. Is that down to choice or tactics and the breath of fresh air of having a new manager? It is the latter.

It is same with us. Although he did fall out with players probably, they all go out to play, but have been poor at it, not intentionally but it has got to a point where Mourinho's ideas and tactics were not working. After a while with many clubs it just happens that the team and manager lose the connection they once had and you see indifferences on the field. It is a shame but that is how it goes.

I don't think all our players chose to play shit, did they? Come on.

Probably not but they certainly haven't been anywhere near their best. Blaming Mourinho, the shit offensive style etc can only go so far.

At the end of day, the manager can prepare everything with the team but if the players don't go out there and perform like they should, then what can he do? (not saying Mourinho is faultless by the way)

The timing is horrible.

A few months ago, we could have had Klopp and a better chance at Pep.

Now, I think Pep is as good as at City (probably decided months ago), and Ancelotti is lined up for Bayern. Pickings are slim. I'd expect Guus until the end of the year, but the list of permanent names is uninspiring.

Klopp was always heading to Liverpool.

I will repeat this. While on one hand, the board should say goodbye to some certain players in the summer, they have to do anything possible to convince some of the better and talented ones to stay in the club, despite missing the Champions League and finishing, well, not so high.

If only football could be used as court cases when the manager is sacked and we could go to claim back the likes of KDB, Lukaku and Bertrand as part of losses and damages to our team that Mourinho caused.

I'm not surprised. It was coming. But I'm saddened by it still. This won't solve anything and if the players start playing well then they're cunts and i want them gone. He's one of us. He was not solely to blame and he was not the main problem. He's still the best manager and the world and this is gonna come back to bite us in the ass.

It will only come back and bite us if the board do not make the right approach to the next manager in the summer, and by that I mean the right man. The man who can 1. Identify the exact players we need and not has beens....2. Rip up the lot and start from scratch including tactical approach and allow players to play to their full strengths without being shackled...3. Adapt a totally new style of play, deploy formations that work and are not rigid....4. And not be afraid to integrate the young lads by deploying them into matches to learn from senior players on a regular basis.

Others managers in the country manage to play with a much more expansive style than we do, we have a fear of losing and a negative approach to every game, that has to change and as a team we must start imposing our quality on the pitch and onto other teams. Things like starting games slowly is one example, the mindset right now is such a turgid one that I don't think JM knew how to change, his tactics became lifeless and easily found out.

Thank you Jose for all the success you bought to our club. Sadly sometimes things don't end up as you, the club and fans all envisioned. We all hoped that you would remain here for a long time and be hugely successful. But this season has been a disaster and you were given ample time to turn things around which did not happen.

Good luck for all your future endeavours and hope you can take some time off to spend with your family.

You were and still are 'One of Us'.

KTBFFH!

article-2339070-1A205A25000005DC-76_634x

I love how people are blaming the board. So ridiculous.

Board makes statement that Mourinho is staying regardless. Lazy players stay lazy in further attempt to get Mourinho out (if that is what was going on anyway). Results stay as they are. Further hilarity for fans of other clubs.

What makes people so sure that better results are around the corner without a massive culling of players?

But he's in the position to coach attacking strategies in training. The fact is that as a coach, Mourinho has shown little evidence he knows how to do that. And this again was his main downfall.

I seem to remember many a poster and pundit alike, with their trunks around their ankles, last season as they witnessed a José Mourinho coached side swipe teams aside for fun and walk to the Premier League title having never dropped from first place.

Sure, he might have shut it down in the end to get over the finish line but for that period where we were the best team in town to watch, Mourinho coached that.