The Mourinho Thread

I'll miss Jose Mourinho. But something HAD to be done. We are a loss away from being in the relegation zone. Chelsea, who is going to have a 60,000 stadium, one of the huge brands in Europe cannot continue to sink like this.

It's either sack the manager or sell like 8 players which is a super hassle. And you know what? This could have been avoided IF Jose had the balls to use RLC, Kenedy, Traore etc.

Behave yourself.

Give the kids a chance, sure. Even more reason to play them given recent results. But as if this could have all been avoided if we'd just played a few up-and-comers.

Make no mistake, this is far more than player power. We're not struggling to keep up with top 4. We're battling relegation and that's simply not tolerable for this club. If the training tactics aren't being translated on the field on game-day, Jose needed to find a way to make it. Nothing was changing. Nothing was getting better. It was the same stuff trotted out every weekend, with some things going our way in Europe.

I'll never hate Jose. I'll never dislike him. He did so much for this club and we wouldn't be where we are (for better and worse) without him. Regardless of how he's portrayed himself in the media, he is one of us and always will be.

This isn't football manager where the players automatically follow the instructions. Big egos, not so much sportsmanship and teamwork. This was a grudge between the manager and the players, just that the team and the results got in the middle of it. A mistake to let him go but what is done is done. Really curious what will happen next.

Sad to see him go, but I understand. It was the right choice. He is Chelsea through and through and that's why it hurts. However, if I'm Roman i still want to rebuild. Get rid of Costa's fat ass, Hazard and Oscar. Cesc too. Just rebuild with young players. Like Skipper said, you have to have some type of ideology. Some set of traits that players have in order for them to mesh well with the team philosophy, whatever that is. These players played lethargic and uninterested all season. The only reason Jose is the only one leaving is because you can't fire players. This is not all Jose's fault and I'd be surprised if this even solves anything. I hope the fans voice their frustrations towards the players who deserve it this weekend. Jose gave us a lot and this is how he's repaid. I hope he goes to Bayern or PSG and wins a CL title. Still the best coach in the world and he'll prove that wherever he goes next.

Finally it's over, though this is just the beginning. The team still have a lot of work ahead in trying to clean up this mess and finding their mojo back.

Now that Mou's gone I am still afraid of him though. Being an extreme narcissist he'll propably spout some venemous remarks, singling out players etc... His spectre will haunt the team for a while like a stuborn stain in the carpet. We need an exorcist.

although I have been critical especially over the last 6 months I am not celebrating but I do have a great feeling of relief . Time to move on .

Agree. Didn't even celebrate Scolari's departure.

It's a weird feeling. To me, Mourinho is like that cousin you're not very fond of. But something happens to him and you feel sad. He's still your cousin.

But this was inevitable.

although I have been critical especially over the last 6 months I am not celebrating but I do have a great feeling of relief . Time to move on .

Agree with this. I also think that it is the players' fault as well to an extent (30%) for being in this situation so the board should do the right thing next summer and chop the squad. Appoint a world class manager (Diego Simeone if Pep is not available) and provide him with the right amount of money to rebuild the squad and bring the players he want. We've saved money last summer, hopefully we'll be saving again this winter so money should be no problem next summer.

Then we'll probably have been relegated. Our board can be silly sometimes, but they're not sadists..... I think.

I wouldn't go that far. I have a feeling Chelsea's hand was force a bit. Could Pep be on his way?