The Mourinho Thread

From when though? Either way. He's not available. I would have liked to see him here. Wouldn't mind being entertained on Saturdays.

It was no secret FSG tried to get him as soon as they took over Liverpool, but he decided to stay with Dortmund. The writing was always on the wall after his 'sabbatical'

So registered to vent. Got a thousand thoughts swirling around my head but in all honesty I'm devastated.

Firstly, whilst it was nice to see the club back him for so long they should've done more earlier. In May we were champions. The day after we needed to start improving the squad and the stark truth is that we didn't. You HAVE to improve when you win the league. You NEED at least two world class players, probably three to just regain the title without even thinking about Europe. The club failed Jose in that regard but he didn't once mention this or criticise any of Marina, Michael or Roman. Then they sold Cech against his wishes and bring in Djilobodji on transfer deadline day. Man City's owners backed a manager they want to replace in the summer - we can't back the one manager every single fan of this club loved.

That to me is on the club and why we're in this position.

But Jose also failed to adapt and that is on him. He was too loyal to some players and he was too volatile at times, starting with the first game of the season. But the guy has had a tough year personally and for that (and the title) he deserves a bit of leeway.

Honestly, there's so much that's occurred this year that it's tough to put down into coherent sentences but I honestly worry about where this club is heading, what the atmosphere will be like going forward and who the club actually thinks it is now. I've never felt such a disconnect with the club itself (i.e. the board, the owner, the custodians) as I do right now. Jose wasn't bigger than Chelsea, but he was a massive part of it's identity for the last decade even when Carlo or anyone else was in charge. Guus would be one of the few palatable choices out there but even then, what's he supposed to do? The midfield is Swiss cheese at times, the defence simply isn't good enough and Costa isn't the striker he was last season.

Jose was right when he said that he'd been betrayed, but by everyone except the fans. He'd said some things that upset me last year but we've grown closer (in my opinion) in adversity this year than maybe ever before. That will have massive ramifications I think going forward and the fans (in this case the CPO) have a massive voice right now.

Actually I can concisely put down my thoughts after all - fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck.

First, welcome to the site.

Great post and i absolutely agree on all points. I understand why Jose got the sack, but I'm still disappointed. He won us the league just 6 months ago. Now he's gone, again.

At a certain point you have to take focus off the manager and look at the players. Cesc, Costa, and Matic's have all dipped dramatically. This is not Jose's fault.

City bought Sterling and Kdb this past transfer window be bought Papay, Hector and Rahman. We have money to spend, but refuse to. Absolutely ridiculous. Jose is gone, I accept that, but this was not all his fault just as the title was not ALL because of him.

We also need a clearout of players at the end of this season. I'd like to see the following move on.

• Ivanovic
  • Fabregas
  • Oscar
  • Mikel
  • Ramires

I'm not sure what Terry's role is in all this but in time things may surface and he may need to go as well. Also I think Costa is still one of the best strikers around and deserves another chance.

Jose is gone.

No matter what he has a legacy to this club and helped define an era to the club's history. Sad that it ended in this manner, especially with certain circumstances added in. I hope that he has a break from football to rest from what has been an uneasy year.

But right now, the next steps for this club is important. The next manager as an interm, the manner we approach Sunderland, and how we treat certain players. Players have not played at all the expectations that they should be at, and that needs to be looked at. Hopefully the next manager, be it Pep or Simone, has to be one that will build something with the youth as well as the squad.

Jose made faults, the Board made faults and the Players made faults -- and the mix communication has lost us a bit. We need the gap between all three areas to be on the same line in order to make sure this situation isn't made worse.

We also need a clearout of players at the end of this season. I'd like to see the following move on.

• Ivanovic
  • Fabregas
  • Oscar
  • Mikel
  • Ramires
I'm not sure what Terry's role is in all this but in time things may surface and he may need to go as well. Also I think Costa is still one of the best strikers around and deserves another chance.
If we bring Simeone keep Costa. If not, get rid of him.

Although the decision had to be made, it makes no sense that we let him prepare the players for 1 1/2 days for the Saturday game and then proceed to sack him. Don't even know who's doing what now ahead of the weekend.

I would suspect that the delay was due to our need to have everything relating to his short-term replacement confirmed prior to parting ways with Mourinho himself.

Although the decision had to be made, it makes no sense that we let him prepare the players for 1 1/2 days for the Saturday game and then proceed to sack him. Don't even know who's doing what now ahead of the weekend.

I don't know if anyone does. Maybe we'll get a manager in who wants to play Papy Djilobodgi. That would be a treat.

Or maybe we'll sign some world-class players in January, rather than doing the business like most clubs do in the summer.

I don't know if people talking about player power have a point or not, but whether intentionally or not they did get Jose sacked to some degree. Matic's form has been nowhere near where it was. Hazard got off to one of his 'late starts' (as if saying it happens every year makes it right and has nothing to do with him always looking overweight in August). Costa completely went off the boil. JT finally seems to be showing his age and wasn't properly replaced.

Just so much going wrong and I don't think Jose should take all of the blame.

• Ivanovic
  • Fabregas
  • Oscar
  • Mikel
  • Ramires

This. Massive evaluation needs to start now ahead of the summer, we are sitting on a lot of fucking deadwood but also players that would fetch good money. No harmonies just get rid, collect the cash and go and massively improve the team and squad and get us back to an attacking threat and a club that others fear playing.

Does this mean Baba Rahman, Kenedy, RLC will be given real chances? And does this further mean, no more inverted Fullbacks, and no more Ivan? A greater effort to playing better football? And new ideas on how to approach matches, with different formations/tactics?

Let's not get it twisted, we were (and still are) in free-fucking-fall. We were beat resoundingly by the likes of Crystal Palace, Everton, Bournemouth, Stoke (in the league), Southampton, and played off the fucking park by Man City. None of our loses were competitive in the slightest. We weren't losing these games with 10 shots on target, horrendous refereeing, or any other JM type excuse. We were thoroughly out played for each and every single one of our loses.

We're in the middle of December. This team were not on the cusp of turning things around any time soon. He was given all the time in the world to turn this horror show around, and he simply hasn't. It's that simple. Our leading goal scorer was Own Goals. Oscar/Cesc/Hazard/Costa all looked like strangers out there month after month, with no direction on how formulate cohesive attacks. Our defense, the one aspect JM hangs his hat on, are in shambles. Every CB combination has failed, Ivan is an undisputed starter, and the team continues to lose the midfield battle week after week.

There was no light at the end of the tunnel. I simply won't entertain any revisionist history 6-12 months from now, things are dire man. We're one freaking point above the relegation zone.

Having said all that, it's still a shame it didn't work out. You can tell Roman wanted to achieve some sense of stability. He was damned if he fired JM in October and damned now that he's waited this long to pull the trigger. Some may say Roman and his minions should have better foresight and all that jazz, but that's a discussion for another day.

JM was telling us everything we wanted to hear in his first season, everything. But the moment shit hit the fan, he simply retreated back to his old tricks.

It simply HAD to be done.

Still like the guy though. Crazy innit?

Cheers mate. Honestly I've been reading this thread for a while and it became a bit of an echo chamber of about 6 people slagging him off so at least you'll get a few fresh voices saying new things over the next few days.

On the one hand the board have done a tremendous job over the last few years and I'm tremendously excited about the new stadium. But this summer was a major failure. We sold a great goalkeeper to a major rival against the manager's wishes. We signed a player he clearly didn't yearn for whilst making an absolute pig's ear of the John Stones deal (seriously, whoever 'masterminded' that deal did just about everything wrong).

For every one of Jose's mistakes made after the season kicked off, the board made at least the same amount in the summer. Now they've managed to sack our best manager of all time again and pissed off a lot of Chelsea supporters, some of whom they need to keep very onside in the next 12 months. Utter shambles.

Nice to hear. Fresh voices are always nice.

The board really didn't do that great a jon though tbh. The only really good bit of business was Zouma and Azpi. Cesc went cheap cause Barca didn't need him, Costa had a release clause and Matic was unproven. We've been bargain hunters and a selling club lately and it has clearly hurt us. Don't get me started on the John Stones deal. Absolutely awful. This will alienate a lot of fans from the board, Roman better not mess up or he'll have a mess on his hands.