The Mourinho Thread

Chill out, I'm not happy with our performances but look at other clubs in past seasons, they've had much worse.

Some fans, whilst entitled to their own opinion as this is a forum, are simply ridiculous.

I think the preseason the transfer dealings the Eva debacle and the start to the season are much worse than ridiculous .. At this rate we WONT make the top 4

The problems didn't just originate this season that's the thing. When me and the likes of MrBlueGuy and Lionsden were banging on about our problems last season we were called moaners, told to support the team & performances didn't matter, only results. This is the end result of that.

He's had months to fix the problems and did nothing.

that's the thing... the problems from last season aren't this big.

There has been problems, many people pointed them out. Let's not pretend we played this bad last season. The players look disinterested. It's like they're resting in their laurels (winning the league) and won't bother. Further proof of that is if they all sudden show up in the UCL.

Mourinho made mistakes then and now, but he isn't the only problem. That's an ignorant statement and giving the players any excuse for their behavior is a bigger one. They're very well paid by the club, they SHOULD at least show up.

All the people keep on saying 'he will resign' LOL, he already said numerous times he will not DO IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Why would he when he just got a fat contract with probably over 20-30m worth of compensation. We fucked it up by putting 'faith' in him after a good season thinking he has changed from his previous spell at other clubs.

There's the same discussion every week on this forum....

Now that's the definition of a boring season, this time around we fully deserve the "Boring Boring Chelsea" thing, i can't see him changing anything for next game as well, Wenger is going to put another one past him. Confidence in the team right now is 0.

Also, i don't understand the Ancelotti wank fest, he's the definition of overrated.Take it from me, he won the double first season here? He wouldn't have won anything else for another 7 seasons. He's worse than Mou in rotation and if things go south he will never recover the dressing room or react fast enough, he would be even slower than José right now in changing things.

lets see what he is going to say : "we were brilliant. we had more possession. our performance was out of the world and much better than the result. i deserve a noble peace prize for selecting ivanovic game after game after fucking game."

The best manager available is probably Ancelotti but we've already burnt those bridges.

Klopp ticks all the boxes. Ancelotti doesn't trust young players and barely rotates, like Mourinho. And as you clearly stated, bridges already burned.

Fuck this, poor results due to bad luck are one thing.

So much money have been put into players, and I still hardly feel any excitement when I see CFC play nowadays.
I was defending Jose for a long time, saying that he needed time to rebuild the squad, that the boring as fuck defensive tactics were meant to carry us until a new more offensive strategy could be created.
Well, that time is over. I watch football for entertainment, and while wins sure are entertaining, even that excitement runs dry after 87 games worth of grinding out results for 90 min.

I honestly dont know whether there is a mismatch between the vision of Mou and the board (the new contract suggests otherwise), but I am seriously starting to wonder if it was worth it bringing Mou back. Last summer I felt optimistic, and it was not just because a lot of money was spent, but because the money spent adressed weaknesses. The club actually showed an ability to learn from mistakes, and it felt like a construction project that was starting to come together.

What if last season was the actual anomaly? City, United, Arsenal and even Liverpool all struggled with results and injuries, while CFC basically went through the whole season comfortably. Several results that felt undeserved went our way. You would think the club would see what every rival was going through and would prepare themselves, but no.
Chelsea have one plan, and a set of players that go with that plan. When that plan doesnt work, there is no come back.

The CL game against PSG represents what Chelsea have been turned to under Mou 2.0 for me. An inflexible, un-meritocratic team that is more worried about not losing than they are focused on winning. Problems such as the central midfield go completely non-adressed, while the right back gets an insanely expensive backup who has yet to be seen in action one month in.
I just dont want Mou in the club anymore. The last time he was here he felt like a breath of fresh air, now he feels like the complete opposite.
This is not a knee-jerk reaction to the horrible season, but a reaction to a building realisation that he will never change, while football has.

There are actually interesting candidates out there. Guardiolas contract will expire soon, Klopp is available. Both have a great reputation, arent afraid to develop their own strategies and nurture youth. On paper far superior candidates than the current coach.

lets see what he is going to say : "we were brilliant. we had more possession. our performance was out of the world and much better than the result. i deserve a noble peace prize for selecting ivanovic game after game after fucking game."

And of course the imaginary "chances" we allegedly created which our players "failed to take".

no, thank you.

All that said, Jose has been performing worse than our players... and that's saying a lot. He needs to figure things out. I don't believe we should sack him, but if he fails to solve it, he should resign. It's the right thing to do. You support the manager, the club will look like idiots firing someone they just gave a contract renew. The only noble thing to do is resignation, although I'm not saying right now. He needs to figure his shit out as much as the players do. We don't have anyone in form in the team, starting from our manager.

What I'm afraid of is if Mourinho can't stop us losing and someone gets Ancelloti, then there's no one able to replace Mourinho without me shaking.

Klopp faced what Mourinho is doing this season during last season so I'm not confident in him.

I'm beginning to believe Mourinho runs away from the league after third seasons because everyone figures his tactics out. He can't even park the bus anymore

Klopp ticks all the boxes. Ancelotti doesn't trust young players and barely rotates, like Mourinho. And as you clearly stated, bridges already burned.

Klopp is just coming off a season worse than the one we're currently having. I'm not convinced.

Ancelotti gave McEachran, Bruma & Kakuta chances. None of them were good enough.