Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Champions League Thread

Jase
Followers 3

27 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Dafuq is Barca in pot2?  Doesn't the uefa club ranking coefficient also come into consideration when computing the pots?

That only applies to Pot 2, 3, and 4. UEFA changed the system a few years ago. Pot 1 now consists of champions of the 8 highest ranked nations. The other 3 pots will feature teams based on their club coefficient. Had they not changed it, we would be in Pot 2 for next season's draw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone, This is a civilized Gala fan. Sorry for all the "invasion", I'm pleased to say you accept foreigners to your forum. I'll give you some heads up about our squad and recent situation. It do

People want to be so 'politically correct' here that they fail to notice they're supporting something unethical. If we created a clause it should be reinforced - if not by us because UEFA decided to b

Posted Images

On 5/22/2017 at 4:36 PM, Jason said:

That only applies to Pot 2, 3, and 4. UEFA changed the system a few years ago. Pot 1 now consists of champions of the 8 highest ranked nations. The other 3 pots will feature teams based on their club coefficient. Had they not changed it, we would be in Pot 2 for next season's draw.

Correct, except that i's the champions of the 7 highest ranked nations + the holders, the 8th nation champion will get to Pot 1 if the winners also won their domestic league ( which is assured to be the case this year ). 

• 2 months later...

The Champions League draw will take place tomorrow at 5pm UK time and here are the confirmed pots:

DH8cMyeU0AAyaH5.jpg

Odds on us ending up with Atletico Madrid, Napoli and RB Leipzig (or something along that difficulty)?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Champions League draw will take place tomorrow at 4:30pm UK time and here are the confirmed pots:

DH8cMyeU0AAyaH5.jpg

Odds on us ending up with Atletico Madrid, Napoli and RB Leipzig (or something along that difficulty)?

The universe has always something planned for Chelsea, 2012 is a testament to that :ph34r:

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

Group F is so 2011/12 :ph34r:

about the group F, i know right? was thinking the same thing, ours doesnt look too shabby at all, i wouldnt mind if it was my draw or yours, but i prefer mine, it just has the right balance. Your group A, B, G and H though, dear God :ph34r::blink:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jason said:

The Champions League draw will take place tomorrow at 4:30pm UK time and here are the confirmed pots:

DH8cMyeU0AAyaH5.jpg

Celtic, Anderlect and Porto please.That's the best mix of least not so difficult and not so far. Although part of me want's Garabag just for the mystery.

so it´s Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma and Garabag, its not going to be easy, but i say bring it on. Going to be very interesting indeed, Courtois and Rudiger facing their old clubs

• Like 2
Just now, CHOULO19 said:

Brilliant system by UEFA to seed according to league position.

How the hell did we, the champions, end up with the toughest group of any English team, except Tottenham? 

the universe always has something cooked up for Chelsea in the Champions League lol, we will need to be at our very best if we want to make it out of the group, no excuses

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

the universe always has something cooked up for Chelsea in the Champions League lol, we will need to be at our very best if we want to make it out of the group, no excuses

if we cant beat Roma and Quarabag, we have nothing to do in the knockout stage....

• Like 4
  • James changed the title to Champions League thread
  • James changed the title to Champions League Thread