UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Ok, you hate us, you find us miserable, Ligue 1 is the worst competition in the world, ... We get it. What's the point of being that aggressive?

Should I be a moron, I would say that you look like you forget that your home league is Liga I, not Premier league, that your biggest clubs are Steaua and Rapid Bucharest, not Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. But, as I am not a moron, I won't.

I don't mean no disrespect, but you've taken this out of context. Just have a look at the posts before and you'll figure it out. It was meant for your buddy who was bragging about that Quarter-final against Barcelona, Paris having the best players in the world and all this shit.

And do I need to explain once again this "English team/English fans" thing? Only a guy like you, who supports a team with a National reputation, can think like that. Football is a universal language, Chelsea is supported all over the world, I don't really see what's wrong being a Romanian/German/Chilean fan supporting an English based club... Don't want to get involved in a useless discussion, but right now, Chelsea FC is far away from Paris in terms of world recognition.

And if you are really interested in why I don't support any club in Romania (and there are millions like me here) it is because you can't call yourself a football fan/human being and support a corupt to the bone football. There ain't no football here, it's all about fixing games, mafia controlling everything, politicians filling their accounts, a rotten football system, poor footballers, a very poor national team, no youth system, every 17-18 years old "footballer" in this country only thinks about fancy cars, what broad to fuck next, what's the newest hairstyle and I can go like that all day long.

Things have changed a bit in the last months as all the big sharks have been imprisoned. After years of investigations, the big sharks were all sentenced to prison. And when I talk about sharks, I talk about the most important people in Romanian football and some of the most influential Romanians. This are Steaua Bucharest's owner, Becali, Steaua's general manager, Stoica, ex-Barcelona captain, Gica Popescu, ex-Dinamo owner, Borcea, ex-Rapid owner, Copos and the two most influential agents in this country, Becali brothers (Chivu's agents, Chiriches, Stefan Radu and all the other important Romanian players). They have all been sentenced to at least three years in jail. There were others too, but they are not that influential. I can write an essay to you about the corruption here, but I think you now know why a level-headed Romanian won't watch a single game in this league.

@Dwight Schrute, will Silva be fit for the first leg?

It's safe to conclude that Dwight Schrute said yes.
I'm only half French, but one needs to take a few minutes to find the information on the internet. Google is your friend, and the internet has no borders.
Personally, I like using Google News to get the latest news.

let a Brazilian settle this for you

Lucas Moura is a flop. He isn't better than any of the many midfielders we have in Brazil, reason why he isn't - rightfully so - going to the WC in his own country.

I hope you have enjoyed your stay.

I'm Brazilian and I disagree!

Lucas is not half as good as the "Sao Paulo" fans make out, but he is definitely not a flop...

He is still very raw and in a club that only now is beginning to take shape, but he is hard working and has enough talent to become one of Brazil's best midfielders/fowards (of this generation, of course).

Lucas doesnt deserve to be in the 2014 WC, that's true. But that is because he had a tremendous drop in form once he transitioned to Europe and because he is competing against way more marure players, like Hulk and Willian!

He will never become a Ronaldinho or a Kaka, but I am certain he will do good. He is not only very talented, but he is actually very focused at inproving (which is extremely important, since talent isnt everything).

With time, I'm sure he will change your mind...

I'd go along with you there. He's definitely not a flop. There's just one place for 4 players: Pastore, Lavezzi, Menez and Lucas.

He didn't get too many second chances. If I were Blanc, he would start Lucas instead of Lavezzi.

A 4-4-2 formation could be the solution, but Blanc is deeply in love with a 4-3-3.

Lucas needs to score more often. He's got a lot of assists; that's a start.

There are 4 other Brazilians in the team: Silva, Alex, Maxwell and Marquinhos.

Maxwell has been really good, that's why Lucas Digne doesn't play more often.

Marquinhos is still too young; Alex made fewer mistakes.

David Luiz fits the bill perfectly. PSG will try to get him. Please, do sell him!

@Dwight Schrute, will Silva be fit for the first leg?

Yes he should play, with a mask. Doctors said he was going to miss next league matches but apparently he will be fine.

Since this kind of injury does not prevent you from playing but is related to a sensitive part of the body, he might just not 100% in some duels ...

I don't mean no disrespect, but you've taken this out of context. Just have a look at the posts before and you'll figure it out. It was meant for your buddy who was bragging about that Quarter-final against Barcelona, Paris having the best players in the world and all this shit. And do I need to explain once again this "English team/English fans" thing? Only a guy like you, who supports a team with a National reputation, can think like that. Football is a universal language, Chelsea is supported all over the world, I don't really see what's wrong being a Romanian/German/Chilean fan supporting an English based club... Don't want to get involved in a useless discussion, but right now, Chelsea FC is far away from Paris in terms of world recognition.

I don't have any problem with foreign people supporting english clubs. To me, you are as good as a british fan. Even a best friend of mine is a big Chelsea fan.

There is nothing wrong with saying that Chelsea is above in terms of recognition and team quality. You could even say "Chelsea is gonna win 10-0", that would'nt bother me. But there is what you say and the way you say it, which is quite aggressive ... and to get back on the foreign supporters issue, I have the impression attacks against PSG and French league come from foreign supporters, which I do not understant. To me, you are as legitimate as a british fan, so no need to be more royalist than the king.

Apparently you were just replying to parisian trolls, so sorry, I might have overreacted.

I mentioned Romanian football (don't have any problem with Romania) because you should know that there are always structural reasons to explain some league's bad level. In Romania, it's mainly corruption. I know that France, as one of largest economy in the EU, should have a better league, but people just don't like football and tax system is a major drawback. That aside, I acknowledge that there are a lot of problems when it comes to French football mentality.

And you must know that Romanian and French leagues have roughly gone throught the same story (as many other european leagues): they had good european results in the late and 80's and early 90's (Milan AC- Steaua in 1989) but both were almost "killed" by the Bosman ruling.

David Luiz fits the bill perfectly. PSG will try to get him. Please, do sell him!

Sure mate. Just give us cavani and luiz is all yours. Like u said, u are stacked with wingers/Ams like lavezzi, pastore, menez and lucas. So swap cavani for luiz and both the sets can happily live ever aftwr.

Why do the players leave then? Why don't players stay in the French league?

More money for one and better exposure and no one is denying that the EPL has that in abundance but the french league is still one of the best 5 leagues in Europe

La liga

EPL

Bundesliga

Serie A

Ligue 1

One should be careful around one's stove to avoid burning oneself.
Thou shalt not troll.
One has to admit that one's remark was quite uncalled for.
lionsden owned you there.

More money for one and better exposure and no one is denying that the EPL has that in abundance but the french league is still one of the best 5 leagues in Europe

La liga

EPL

Bundesliga

Serie A

Ligue 1

That's debatable and there are various criteria you could judge it by. I think the Portuguese league has a very good shout to be above the French league. Both Porto and Benfica are ranked higher than any French team in UEFA's coefficient team rankings. The Portuguese lague also have more European Cup wins than the French league (as does the Eredivisie). The Eredivisie also has higher average attendances than the French league (using 2012 stats, so maybe it's changed) which are roughly the same as the English.....Championship.

The reason the English Premier League has more money and better exposure isn't an accident.

Money? Maybe if clubs like Marseille/Lille were richer than us they could keep players like Azpilcueta/Hazard? Isn't that evident since PSG's gotten richer they can keep/attract superstar players?

Money? Maybe if clubs like Marseille/Lille were richer than us they could keep players like Azpilcueta/Hazard? Isn't that evident since PSG's gotten richer they can keep/attract superstar players?

It's not just money. Sportsmen want to play at the top level every week (well most of them do). Very, very few top players have winning the French league on their bucket list.

Two reasons: money and better level/exposure/atmosphere of english football in general. For instance, Loic Remy left Marseille (they were fighting for CL back then) to go to QPR , who were fighting not to be relegated down to Championship. He was offered a much better contract.

Then, this is often (not always) a personal progression for the player, like Hazard leaving Lille for Chelsea or Nasri leaving Marseille for Arsenal.

By the way, I have a funny (but useless) anecdote: a few months ago, I just realized I had attended Drogba's first professional game ( Ligue 2 game, only 8, 000 spectators)

when I was a kid. I saw your king play before all of you. :P

Sirigu is a good one. Not top goalkeeper but do the job.

Van der Bitch is the weak link of the team. Jallet either is.

Thiago Silva is a monster. The Best against any player.

Alex is damn good. Not fast ? He doesn't need to be fast, is always in the right place on the field.

Maxwell, I really do love this player. Very technical player, very skilled. Good defender. Not that fast but excellent to play in small spaces. Makes good combinations with Ibra and Matuidi on the left side.

Verratti, just super technical. Very good at dribbling and passing. Also very agressive in catching balls in your feet. As good in long balls as short play.

Thiago Motta is the sentinel, the center.Play often with Verrattii. Can play as a defender.

Matuidi is a dog. He's not gonna stop to bite at your legs, and stealing balls and balls. Can play very offensive coming fast from the midfield.

Lavezzi is a worker. Run a lot, take spaces in defender's back, run run run like a bull. Can score...sometimes.

Cavanni is a killer striker, can score anytime. Very good at head shots. Play right winger in defensive phases but play anywhere he wants, left, right, center.

Ibra is above god. Play 9 and 10, as a top striker or as a genius playmaker.

Those players play really like a team.

With a team spirit.strategy and energy.

Some of them are young and inexperienced, but some of them won the CL and played in top clubs.

Sure we just play in Ligue 1. That's a shame, but we can't do anything about, so we suck it up, we deal with it

And they working hard everyday to be the best, to beat team like chelsea and win the CL

I won't say we will defeat you but I sure say we can defeat you

April 2nd le Parc des Princes will burn, we're gonna be the fire, you're gonna be the wood

;)

I'm Brazilian and I disagree!

Lucas is not half as good as the "Sao Paulo" fans make out, but he is definitely not a flop...

He is still very raw and in a club that only now is beginning to take shape, but he is hard working and has enough talent to become one of Brazil's best midfielders/fowards (of this generation, of course).

Lucas doesnt deserve to be in the 2014 WC, that's true. But that is because he had a tremendous drop in form once he transitioned to Europe and because he is competing against way more marure players, like Hulk and Willian!

He will never become a Ronaldinho or a Kaka, but I am certain he will do good. He is not only very talented, but he is actually very focused at inproving (which is extremely important, since talent isnt everything).

With time, I'm sure he will change your mind...

I knew you would. Lucas is Denilson 2.0 until he proves me otherwise. Dribbles like Denilson produced means nothing to me... I don't see Lucas becoming much better if any better.

All that flashy makes nothing for me

knew you would. Lucas is Denilson 2.0 until he proves me otherwise. Dribbles like Denilson produced means nothing to me... I don't see Lucas becoming much better if any better.

All that flashy makes nothing for me

Lucas is nothing like Denilson. NOTHING!

Robinho is Denilson 2.0. They both prefered to party first and play next. Improving was never their priority. And even though, they had their few moments of brilliance.

However, Lucas is hard working and has a decent staff behind him. Plus the fact he will miss the World Cup will certainly fire him up. He will definitely improve!

About flashy dribles and everything, I dont get the prejudice you have towards it. I dont see you complaining whenever Hazard or CR7 does it for your teams. It is quite contraditory. As long as they are objective, dribbles are extremely useful and they are what usually break defences appart!

You cant say he is a flop yet, he didnt even have time to do anything. You are jumping the gun way too quickly here...

Lucas is nothing like Denilson. NOTHING!

Robinho is Denilson 2.0. They both prefered to party first and play next. Improving was never their priority. And even though, they had their few moments of brilliance.

However, Lucas is hard working and has a decent staff behind him. Plus the fact he will miss the World Cup will certainly fire him up. He will definitely improve!

About flashy dribles and everything, I dont get the prejudice you have towards it. I dont see you complaining whenever Hazard or CR7 does it for your teams. It is quite contraditory. As long as they are objective, dribbles are extremely useful and they are what usually break defences appart!

You cant say he is a flop yet, he didnt even have time to do anything. You are jumping the gun way too quickly here...

Maybe I am, that's just how I feel. He's a terrible decision maker, his vision is limited, he isn't a bright cookie and he's way too selfish. If I believed he could work around those things I'd probably believe he would develop into a top player. I don't. That's why I don't complain about Hazard and Cris also being flashy. Because although Cris is selfish, he's smart, has great vision, amazing finishing (Lucas is not bad or good) and Hazard is about the same (except his flaw is being way too selfless, but that's easier to remedy imo). So the only thing left is how much talent to dribble he has. That's why from time to time we see him doing a Messi-play and it's awesome... but on a everyday basis he dribbles, loses the ball, gives a bad pass (he plays way too often looking down to the pitch and his feet - a capital mistake imo which Oscar is also infected with) or well, does nothing and pass the ball sidewards or backwards... That's why his flashiness does nothing to me. It seems infertile and pointless, counter-productive. I know he isn't a party guy (never thought that was the problem with Denilson, but maybe you have a point) and that he is a hard worker, I just think he's well... how can I put it nicely... hmmm I can't... he's stupid - football wise. If he had the football brains to combine with his talent, he'd be another Ronaldinho in the making imo. Maybe he'll grow smarter, improve his vision, stop being selfish and start making better decisions. I don't believe though. I'd be happy to be proved otherwise (the kid IS hardworking and I value those kind of individuals a lot).

I was praying and hoping he signed for United. Lucas in that United team would make me laugh even harder... though again maybe they wouldn't have signed Mata... who knows.