UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Hi Blues friends,

Just another PSG supporter coming to talk about the match. Sorry for the French invasion since yesterday :D

To be honnest, the draw could have been worse ... and better. To me, it's 55-45 for Chelsea (maybe 60-40 after watching Chelsea-Arsenal :D )

My main fears are Mourinho's ability to win this kind of matches and the duel Ibrahimovic vs Terry (he's never been in a great shape in his previous big European matches), not to mention I am also very scared Van der Wiel might not be able to contain Hazard.

The second leg in London is clearly an advantage for Chelsea. But as Paris have almost won their league, they can afford to miss their match sandwiched between the two legs, which Chelsea cannot for the moment ... sometimes playing in a bad league is an advantage !

Anyway, a clean-sheet in Paris would be great.

PS: sorry for my English

Hello guys.

We are talking about this thread in a french forum, if you want to express yourself and practice your french it can be a good idea.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-20-27333940-1-0-1-0-un-anglais-clash-le-psg.htm

I'm not here to talk about us but to talk about your club and some of the messages I just saw. It is very funny when a Chelsea supporter talks about a club built with dollars, and with the help of Qatar, when you know that his club is existing since 2004 and Abramovic investment. I am not here to troll ( maybe a little ) but you need to be less confident about the game to come.

Even if I do not like the Paris-Saint Germain, it is a great team and they play excellent football. The investors are here for only three years and the team is already playing very well. You just have to see the results in the previous Champion's League, and I think this one will be better.

Let's talk about your team. Your keeper is good, I have to admit it.

Your defense ? Compared to Thiago Silva, Alex, Marquinhos, Van Der Wiel, not brilliant..

Your midfielders ? Lampard, Mikel and Ramires are not top class players, Matuidi Veratti Cabaye and Motta are way more skilled.

In an offensive view you are very good, I love Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar.. But you have not a great finisher Eto'o and Torres ? Seriously ? Paris have Cavani and Ibrahimovic to do the job, and fast players such as Lucas and Lavezzi to sprint and dribble your defensors.

Well, just think about it. And Ligue 1 is not that bad ( less spectacular that's sure ), we have some good teams too.

Hi Blues friends,

Just another PSG supporter coming to talk about the match. Sorry for the French invasion since yesterday :D

To be honnest, the draw could have been worse ... and better. To me, it's 55-45 for Chelsea (maybe 60-40 after watching Chelsea-Arsenal :D )

My main fears are Mourinho's ability to win this kind of matches and the duel Ibrahimovic vs Terry (he's never been in a great shape in his previous big European matches), not to mention I am also very scared Van der Wiel might not be able to contain Hazard.

The second leg in London is clearly an advantage for Chelsea. But as Paris have almost won their league, they can afford to miss their match sandwiched between the two legs, which Chelsea cannot for the moment ... sometimes playing in a bad league is an advantage !

Anyway, a clean-sheet in Paris would be great.

PS: sorry for my English

Sorry for your English? Dude, you should be teaching English to bushman! :lol: Seriously!

You're very welcome here! :)

Hello guys.

We are talking about this thread in a french forum, if you want to express yourself and practice your french it can be a good idea.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-20-27333940-1-0-1-0-un-anglais-clash-le-psg.htm

I'm not here to talk about us but to talk about your club and some of the messages I just saw. It is very funny when a Chelsea supporter talks about a club built with dollars, and with the help of Qatar, when you know that his club is existing since 2004 and Abramovic investment. I am not here to troll ( maybe a little ) but you need to be less confident about the game to come.

Even if I do not like the Paris-Saint Germain, it is a great team and they play excellent football. The investors are here for only three years and the team is already playing very well. You just have to see the results in the previous Champion's League, and I think this one will be better.

Your defense ? Compared to Thiago Silva, Alex, Marquinhos, Van Der Wiel, not brilliant..

Your midfielders ? Lampard, Mikel and Ramires are not top class players, Matuidi Veratti Cabaye and Motta are way more skilled.

In an offensive view you are very good, I love Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar.. But you have not a great finisher Eto'o and Torres ? Seriously ? Paris have Cavani and Ibrahimovic to do the job, and fast players such as Lucas and Lavezzi to sprint and dribble your defensors.

Well, just think about it. And Ligue 1 is not that bad ( less spectacular that's sure ), we have some good teams too.

Our keeper is GOOD? Try, top 3 in the world. Defense is the best in the EPL, Cahill-Terry is the best partnership in the world. Midfield is alright, better with Luiz in it. Our attackers are great, especially Schurrle in the form he is in. Outside of Thiago, PSG has a very pedestrian defense. You don't need to score 3,4,5 goals if you have one of, if not the best, defense in the world. Just 1.

Just think about it.

Any news about Eto'o? Will he miss the first leg? And Hazard looked like he was a little bit injured at the end of the match ...

Regarding Thiago Silva, he should be fine for the first leg ( but as Chelsea Legend said, he will probably wear a mask)

Sorry for your English? Dude, you should be teaching English to bushman! Seriously! You're very welcome here!

Thanks! Actually I am about to spend one year in the US for work, so English is a very serious issue for me !

Do you plan on changing your photo? Makélélé in on Paris' side now :D

Hello guys.

Hey mate, like your approach and the fact that you are trying to be as objective.

Now let us first agree on a few things.

First: EPL is stronger that Ligue 1

Second: League 1 is not a bad league

Third: I am not trying to make this personal :)

Now having said, you are aware that the teams in the EPL are stronger than the teams in the Ligue1. Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and the rest of the teams are stronger than most of the french teams, PSG and Monaco excluded ofcourse.

We have faced these strong sides. In 31 games we have conceded 23 goals while playing against those teams. In 30 games PSG conceded 18 goals from weaker teams. Anyone who wants to look at this in a trivial way will say PSG's defense is stronger. WRONG.....Our defense was tested against strong offensive squads. Against Man United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and a bunch of other good teams. PSG's defense maybe was tested by Monaco?! ONLY?!. Yet conceded 18 goals from teams that are offensively weaker than the ones in the EPL. That certainly makes our defense and defensive midfielders better than PSG's. They way they work together as a Unit is stronger than the way PSG plays.

Now offensively, 31 games for Chelsea and we scored 62 goals. Again, infront of very strong sides, PSG in 30 games scored 70 goals against weaker sides. I am not saying that PSG has bad players. Actually on paper PSG might have some players who are better than ours. Surely, Zlatan, Cavani and Thiago. But do not be fooled when comparing teams by names. You have to compare their performance and see which bunch works together better than the other. Clearly Chelsea as a TEAM is stronger and more efficient. Can you imagine what our scoring would be if we had a clinical striker like Zlatan or Cavani who fitted Miourinho's system? :)

PSG is definitely a good side and a respectable side. Definitely has some great players. But also definitely weaker than Chelsea as a team. However the gap is SURELY not that great and any team can win. But if there is a team to be concerned more than the other, it is surely not Chelsea.

Good Luck on the match

I'm not as confident as many of you.

Zlatan.

To fear Ibrahimovic in CL is hilarious: raise the rhythm of the game and he will disappear into nothing, as he has always done with Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona and AC Milan.

Contrariwise, If I really have to fear someone, well this guy is Cavani: strong, powerfull, skillful, if he is on form he runs like a horse thus potentially causing us a lot of problems.

Any news about Eto'o? Will he miss the first leg? And Hazard looked like he was a little bit injured at the end of the match ...

Regarding Thiago Silva, he should be fine for the first leg ( but as Chelsea Legend said, he will probably wear a mask)

Thanks! Actually I am about to spend one year in the US for work, so English is a very serious issue for me !

Do you plan on changing your photo? Makélélé in on Paris' side now :D

No one is sure about Eto'o yet and I'm sure Hazard will be 100%. Don't worry, he's a tank! He'll play! :P

Well your English is perfect mate, don't worry about it!

Also, Makélélé the player and Makélélé the coach are very different! I'll keep my photo thanks! :D

The bookmakers say that it is even, which is very rare in sports betting. Nonetheless, I still do believe that the blues are favourites to reach the semi-finals.

If I were Blanc, I would pick Lucas over Lavezzi. The latter plays because he has got a lot a friends in the team; I just cannot stand him any more. Life is like a dream for him; he earns a fortune doing a poor job. Lucas has an amazing potiental, yet he does not start as often as he should. Admittedly, Lucas does not know how to properly strike a football yet.

I am so saddened by the fact that Cavani plays out wide to accomodate Zlatan. Cavani has been very disappointed ever since he recovered from an injury; he also has family problems.

I watched Chelsea-Galatasaray and Chelsea-Arsenal. I was wrong to think that you are too slow. As a matter of fact I was impressed by your performance.

It has got to be the first time ever that a French club has the financial means to compete with the top ten European football clubs. Monaco, owned by Dmitry Ryybolovlev in tax haven , is going to spice things up a little bit as well. I do not know how he is going to beat FPP though. PSG and Monaco do represent our best chance to win the champions league provided that they keep spending money lavishly.

They are not as immortal as Real and Barca. So, It is only a matter of time until their owners leave. As a football fan, It is good to know that we have a decent shot at winning the cup with the big ears. 10 years ago today, I would have said that it is impossible that a French club can have half a billion euros as budget. Thank you, Qatar.

Anyway, PSG won their last 8 games. They only conceded 18 goals in 30 matches, which is a record in France methinks. Chelsea would have probably conceded 2 or 3 fewer goals at best; therefore, it does not make a big difference. Furthermore, It is wrong to analyse the strenght of team like that. One would not make a good poker player.

The liga is hundreds of millions of pounds poorer than the BPL. Yet, their top 7 clubs have been performing much better than yours

I really do think that you guys should give them some credit. I am used to watching the liga; consequently, I know what is going on.

I may be wrong, but one needs to have more time to answer such a difficult question anyway .

As I said yesterday, I have a bad feeling about our chances; yesterday's game was really breathtaking.

Away goals will be the key to qualifying for the next round. It is vital that zlatan keep on playing well, otherwise it won't be enough.

Thanks

Hello guys.

I think you are underrating our side a lot.. The midfield thing might be true, but Lampard, Mikel and Ramires are good players (Luiz can also be in the middle and do good)

Our defence is better, I'll say it. Just watch our defensive record against sides such as Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal while PSG plays against Nancy, Lyon and Lille.

Did you watch Chelsea-Arsenal yesterday?

Lucas Moura, I do rate him for the future, but he really offers little more than Salah in my opinion at the moment.

Also, we can't forget that Chelsea has the best manager in the world

PSG might be good in Ligue 1 and FIFA, but I'm very confident Chelsea will take these two games :)

I do not think that comparing PSG's perfomances and statistics in Ligue 1 and Chelsea's in EPL is that relevant.

PSG are playing in a league where they have no competitors (IMO Monaco, even if Paris did not beat them, are not a competitor yet). From August, they have known that they have a 90% chance of winning the league. PSG is too big for Ligue 1, and most of the teams are too weak to play againts PSG. I have watched all of their matches so far and a lot of times, they score the first goal, the second one, and then, they just try to save energy ... And, I do not want to offense those teams, but playing in Montpellier or Ajaccio, in half-empty stadiums, is not very motivating for players such as Ibrahimovic or Thiago Silva. PSG players are rarely 100% in Ligue 1, I do not blame them, it's human.

On the other hand, this season, Chelsea are playing against three competitors + Man U, Tottenham, Everton, ... They are always under pressure, obligated to be 100%. Even if you think of smaller clubs, don't you think that playing in St James Park in front of 50 000 spectators is more motivating than playing in Montpellier or Nice? I don't criticize my country, it's just that playing in a country where football is almost a religion is very different than playing in a country where it is a just a sport that most of people don't like.

I hope I made my point and you may not agree with me but, should Chelsea play in Ligue 1, I am not sure they would have better statistics. I am pretty sure they would be in the same situation: title won in August, no competitor and no pressure (ok there can be some counter-examples, e.g. Bayern)

Past results in European matches are a much more better comparison. And Chelsea has much more experience (Terry and Lampard with Chelsea, Mourinho with all his teams, Eto'o with Barcelona and Inter, ...).

So Chelsea are (slightly) favorites.

nice tie....manu would have been better but still a decent tie.....they got a good team but not the best of defense....

cavani and ibra can be real trouble on their day.....btw is cabaye eligible to play?....

even if he is....a defense of luiz and ramires is more than capable of running over psg midfield.....

imo the threat will be crosses and high balls into our box from the right wing searching for ibra and cavani...

we play like we did against arsenal and psg would crumble....i havent seen them play against such a hard pressing opponent...lets wait and see how many players actually track back for them while defending.....

but my guess is we would line up against them like we did against mancity...more of old school counter attack and try and take an away goal to bridge...

it will be fun...cavani vs iva.....ibra vs cahill/terry....luiz vs cabaye....hazard vs van der wiel.....schurrle/willian vs marquinhos....torres vs alex

and ofcourse ....mourinho's tactics.....mouthwatering

icing would be bayern running riot ...:)