UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

You really think PSG will get all those players? lol

Btw this is not aimed at you (who I am quoting), but some of these PSG fans are so deluded that it's getting annoying.

Lucas made one greatrun from the defence, not passing to anyone(!!!) in the process and ended up with nothing at all really. That is the best thing he has done in his career. Compare that to what Hazard and Oscar, for example, have done in their careers.

I'm very serious; PSG will have at least 150 millions euros per season to buy new players over the next 4 years.
I have no idea why that Italian guy got carried away with Lucas. The latter does not know how to strike a soccer ball, although
he is one of the most talented young players I've ever seen. As I said earlier, He won't even start.

To get back on topic, I think Lucas is a good player. Lots of pace and dribbling ability, but he's not world class. He's not up to the level of players like Hazard, Reus, Robben, Ribery..etc let alone Messi and Ronaldo.

All things being equal, Lucas Moura reminds me of Cristiano when he arrived in Man U. Always trying to make the most beautiful dribbling, not the most efficient. Always trying to score the goal of the century as soon as he as the ball, always shoting as soon as he can. Once he sees he has 10 teammates around him, he will be a very good player.

You do realize Willian plays in the Premier League while both Lavezzi and Lucas play in the Ligue 1. Premier League >> Ligue 1. Better defenders in the premier league which makes it harder to score, assist and dribble.

It's not that simple IMO. It is not about knowing which league is the best one (EPL of course). Since I watch both leagues ( I understand why you don't, being French is the only thing that can make you watch this league :D ), there is basically one fundamental difference between the Ligue 1 and the EPL when it comes to tactics: in France, the aim is to conceid one less goal than the other team, in England, the aim is to score one more goal.

I am not saying that Lucas and Lavezzi are better, but in Ligue 1, scoring is not that easy since:

1) Most of the time, your coach's priority is a clean-sheet, not scoring (which is not the case in Paris)

2) Most of the time, the other team's priority is a clean sheet, not scoring

Quarter-finals in Champions League is the biggest achievement in your club's miserable history and it will stay like that.
Now get out of here and enjoy your last weeks in Champions League. After that you can go back to that second-hand league of yours and watch "the Almighty Paris" winning against Evian and Ajaccio haha.
I think I'd behave the same if I'd watch my team troll the likes of Evian, Ajaccio and Sochaux week-in, week-out. Brainwashing: level Qatar. Thank God I'm not following that Mickey Mouse league.

Ok, you hate us, you find us miserable, Ligue 1 is the worst competition in the world, ... We get it. What's the point of being that aggressive?

Should I be a moron, I would say that you look like you forget that your home league is Liga I, not Premier league, that your biggest clubs are Steaua and Rapid Bucharest, not Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. But, as I am not a moron, I won't.

Well, I'm not used to reading posts written by foreigners on French forums. Your club is more popular outside England than I thought.

Anyway, I somewhat agree with what you wrote. However, PSG did very well against the "Mickey Mouse" clubs. Every time PSG played a team for the first time in the champions league this season, they battered the opposition. Olympiakos 1-4, Benfica 3-0, Anderlecht 0-5, Leverkusen 0-5.

It's been so easy that they always pass the ball around to save up energy. Ball possession is very important in football. Very

few teams can keep the ball as often as PSG.

I'm so surprised that Chelsea could win 2 major trophies despite the fact that your ball possession % was not high.

It is not about the ball possession mate. It is about how you execute your game. Many different systems out there, high ball possession is just one of them :)

All things being equal, Lucas Moura reminds me of Cristiano when he arrived in Man U. Always trying to make the most beautiful dribbling, not the most efficient. Always trying to score the goal of the century as soon as he as the ball, alwing shoting as soon as he can. Once he sees he has 10 teammates around him, he will be a very good player.

It's not that simple IMO. It is not about knowing which league the best one (EPL of course). Since I watch both leagues ( I understand why you don't, being French is the only thing that can make you watch this league :D ), there is basically one fundamental difference between the Ligue 1 and the EPL when it comes to tactics: in France, the aim is to conceid one less goal than the other team, in England, the aim is to score one more goal.

I am not saying that Lucas and Lavezzi are better, but in Ligue 1, scoring is not that easy since:

1) Most of the time, your coach's priority is a clean-sheet, not scoring (which is not the case in Paris)

2) Most of the time, the other team's priority is a clean sheet, not scoring

Ok, you hate us, you find us miserable, Ligue 1 is the worst competition in the world, ... We get it. What's the point of being that aggressive?

Should I be a moron, I would say that you look like you forget that your home league is Liga I, not Premier league, that your biggest clubs are Steaua and Rapid Bucharest, not Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. But, as I am not a moron, I won't.

I think you got the wrong country. Actually wrong continent :)

It is not about the ball possession mate. It is about how you execute your game. Many different systems out there, high ball possession is just one of them :)

It's a moot point. I really think that ball possession is the key to success.
Here you can see that bayern boasts a whopping 69.2% posession, followed by Barca and PSG.
Maybe I love this style of play too much, lol. Long live to the tiki-taka!
But I know that Chelsea's strategy is formidable even though the neutrals don't like it.

It's a moot point. I really think that ball possession is the key to success.
Here you can see that bayern boasts a whopping 69.2% posession, followed by Barca and PSG.
Maybe I love this style of play too much, lol. Long live to the tiki-taka!

I perfectly understand your point, but again, it is just about the system, Dortmund, RM and ( even last year's Bayern) were never about possession. Don't get me wrong, personally I like the tiki taka, but if it was about that, then teams like Chelsea, Inter Milan and others wouldn't have defeated Barca. There is no such thing as a perfect system. You should know that. It is about how you execute your own and exploit the weakness in your opponents' games. Mourinho always had the venom for the tiki taka :)

I'm very serious; PSG will have at least 150 millions euros per season to buy new players over the next 4 years.
I have no idea why that Italian guy got carried away with Lucas. The latter does not know how to strike a soccer ball, although
he is one of the most talented young players I've ever seen. As I said earlier, He won't even start.

I am sure PSG has the money, but you are targeting great players that can become one of the best. If they have any ambition they will not go to PSG.

I am sure PSG has the money, but you are targeting great players that can become one of the best. If they have any ambition they will not go to PSG.

It's already a miracle that they can afford to recruit good players. I can't even imagine the tens of millions of euros that the French government rakes in from PSG. I can tell you that the french teams have a huge handicap in this sector.
I can tell you that money is everything in football. Why did Falcao move to Monaco?
There's no income tax; he earns stupid money (1.2 million a month, ouch!)
I agree with you that the best players do not want to play in the French league. That's why we are forced to pay big wages to attract them, which is only possible by billionaire.
Unfortunately, the FPP could be an obstacle.

Jeez, instead of bickering back and forth. Let's have a scout report on PSG. Since loads of PSG fans joined, let's have a scout report on what your team will be most likely and how do you reckon Blanc will set em up tactically? I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't seen PSG outside of a few CL ties this year.

Willan is an average winger and nothing more, Lucas is better than Willan

some stats

Lavezzi goals 8 assits 2 total successful dribbles 24 turnovers 48

Lucas goals 3 assists 10 total successful dribbles 87 turnovers 52

Willan goals 2 assist 3 total successful dribbles 44 turnovers 38

let a Brazilian settle this for you

Lucas Moura is a flop. He isn't better than any of the many midfielders we have in Brazil, reason why he isn't - rightfully so - going to the WC in his own country.

I hope you have enjoyed your stay.

That aside, the French football fans (at least in this board, Chelsea fans or not) are my fave fans to discuss in forums. They're really special, have a great understanding of the game and very, very polite. You're all welcome here :)

I think I'd behave the same if I'd watch my team troll the likes of Evian, Ajaccio and Sochaux week-in, week-out. Brainwashing: level Qatar. Thank God I'm not following that Mickey Mouse league.

Yeh those teams are so much worse than Cardiff, palace, Fulham. All the teams in the EPL are world class

Nobody hates you buddy. You should that you two PSG guys aren't anywhere near as bad the Galatasaray guys from the other week, at least you guys are talking about football very objectively (even if we disagree).

To be honest though I don't take too kindly to any of the new rich teams, I know the fans are the same guys that have given our club a hard time over the last decade. So many clubs are doing the same thing we did by getting lucky with a wealthy investor and none of the supporters have the slightest clue how much hate we've received over the years. If it wasn't for Abramovich and Chelsea pioneering the whole thing the clubs that did it after us would not have known what to do so soon, and they wouldn't have the social protection of walking behind the wake of all the abuse we Chelsea fans endure. Chelsea fans can be like a dog that's been abused a lot, its as friendly as the other dogs just take special care not to tease it (I too am guilty of this).

You're getting these 'cocky' response because this year everyone if feeling confident, if this was last year we would have been much apprehensive. This year I feel like we can take on anybody and at the very least we won't get destroyed, next year should be even better. Me confidence personally comes from the fact that PSG haven't faced any of Europe's best defenses and we are arguably Europe's defensive juggernaut (in our current form and not our record over the season). All season long teams have wilted in frustration at the vice grips that come from our constant team-wide pressure. We won't role you over, if Blanc plays Motta, Matuidi and Veratti it will be a very safe Mourinho like approach and it won't be easy to break hrough. With Ibrahimovic and Cavani up front anything can happen but we have firepower too albeit our guns aren't as big.

What's up mate

Cabaye won't play, he's not top 11

Nor Marquinhos

Hazard is gonna crush van der bitch

Torres won't be able to win a heads up

Verratti will make you crazy

Motta wil mock you

Matuidi will bite you

Eto'o is still a killer player

Ibra will destroy you

and Chelsea will go through :)

don't wast your breath bro, we've heard it all ... ask barca fans for some pointers :D