César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's been a bit of talk of Conte moving to a 3-in-the-back system where some are looking eagerly towards a (Alonso)-Zouma-Luiz grouping or something even more exciting.  The saddest part of this talk is that the one defender least criticized in our entire team has no place in this system if you allow for the likes of Willian to get up and down the right side of the midfield.

7 minutes ago, Mceachran said:

There's been a bit of talk of Conte moving to a 3-in-the-back system where some are looking eagerly towards a (Alonso)-Zouma-Luiz grouping or something even more exciting.  The saddest part of this talk is that the one defender least criticized in our entire team has no place in this system if you allow for the likes of Willian to get up and down the right side of the midfield.

Don't think we're going to play a back 3 but if we did i believe Azpi would have his place as 1 of our 3 CB. Luiz, Zouma, Azpi with Alonso and Willian as wing backs.

7 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Don't think we're going to play a back 3 but if we did i believe Azpi would have his place as 1 of our 3 CB. Luiz, Zouma, Azpi with Alonso and Willian as wing backs.

That picture in my head actually makes me quite happier; I don't know why I just can't imagine Azpi in a back 3.  Generally when I think of Back 3 I imagine three versitale, tall, strong, defenders.

9 hours ago, Mceachran said:

We won't play 3 at the back, ignore anyone who says we will, they don't know what they are talking about. 

Conte does not favour 352, the formation does not fit our players.

11 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

We won't play 3 at the back, ignore anyone who says we will, they don't know what they are talking about. 

Conte does not favour 352, the formation does not fit our players.

Conte even said himself that he plays a formation that suits the players at his disposal. Like a suit he tailors to fit the players. So you are right, I can't see him playing a 3-5-2 formation with the defenders at his disposal currebtly but that could change once Zuma is back. Also if Alonso proves to be an asset in an attacking sense, hemight try a Zuma, Luiz, Cahill trio with Azpi and Alonso as wing backs. That would be in specific games in my opinion not just a set formation for every game. 

14 hours ago, DDA said:

Conte even said himself that he plays a formation that suits the players at his disposal. Like a suit he tailors to fit the players. So you are right, I can't see him playing a 3-5-2 formation with the defenders at his disposal currebtly but that could change once Zuma is back. Also if Alonso proves to be an asset in an attacking sense, hemight try a Zuma, Luiz, Cahill trio with Azpi and Alonso as wing backs. That would be in specific games in my opinion not just a set formation for every game. 

It comes down to the personell in Juve he had 3 really good cb plus vidal, Pirlo and they don't have any winger so  3-5-2 make sense.

In our case we have plenty of winger in fact our best player is a winger. So 433 or 442 makes more sense 

• 2 weeks later...

*-That Friday feeling-*

azpilicueta--that-friday-feeling.img.png

Cesar Azpilicueta gives his verdict on the few first weeks of the season, reveals what life is like under Antonio Conte, and looks forward to tonight’s visit of Liverpool, which begins a run of tough fixtures at Stamford Bridge…

‘We will try to get as close as possible to perfection as we can, even if it’s hard.’

That’s what Cesar Azpilicueta told this website on the eve of the new season. A month in, and it’s almost all gone exactly to plan.Only on Sunday at Swansea did we drop our first points of 2016/17, and that was unquestionably in unfortunate circumstances. More often than not the Blues would have left Wales with a win, such was our dominance. So it is with 10 points and not 12 we will kick off the fifth round of Premier League fixtures against Liverpool tonight.

‘We have to move on quickly,’ Azpilicueta stresses.‘Overall it’s been a good start to the season. We were disappointed with the last game but the team have played well so far, apart from conceding some goals, which is always something to improve.‘Since the beginning of pre-season the manager has tried to explain his ideas, his methods. We have been working really hard. We had a very good pre-season, even if the results weren’t perfect.‘Our target was to get in to the best condition for the start of the season which we did, and then to keep going like that because May is a long way away.’

Azpilicueta says he has really enjoyed working with Antonio Conte, adding that, as a full-back who has thus far played one half of each game in very close proximity to the Italian, he can’t fail to notice his touchline demeanour.

‘He’s a very intense manager during games, it’s like he’s playing in it,’ the 27-year-old smiles.‘He shows a lot of passion and intensity, and he wants us players to have the same feeling. He’s the kind of manager who kicks every ball, he’s running after it all the time. It shows his good spirit.’

Azpilicueta says he can’t remember playing a club match on a Friday night before, at Osasuna or at Marseille, but there is something fresh he is altogether more familiar with: David Luiz. The Brazilian is set to start his first game since returning at the end of the transfer window, and Azpilicueta has already noted his burning desire ‘to keep winning trophies for Chelsea’, a feature of his first spell in SW6.Tonight’s fixture is the first of five consecutive high-profile games on our home soil, against four of the current top six – Liverpool, Manchester United, Everton and Tottenham – and last season’s champions, Leicester.

‘Last season every team who came to Stamford Bridge were thinking they could get the points,’ Azpilicueta points out. ‘This cannot happen because it’s our home and we have to be strong enough to get the points.‘We have shown we can do that in our games so far and with the intensity we have played with.‘The fans are amazing too and we have to give them what they want, we have to fight for every ball and try to play good football, and then in the end, most importantly, get the result.‘Chelsea v Liverpool on a Friday night, it’s an exciting fixture and we want to make sure we start the weekend in a good way.’

chelseafc.com

Technique to strike a ball like that which is spinning was incredible.

Needs to remain as the RB for me and the quicker we see this with Alonso on the left the quicker we will see more balance and more threat going forward.

• 4 weeks later...