César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Ideally, Bellerin would be their first choice but he will be way too expensive. Arsenal will demand around £50m or so for him and they will not want to let him go. They can get other RB for much cheaper. Bellerin might rejoin Barca few seasons down but don't see it this summer.

I expect it to be Cesc all over again. They'll get their man at some point.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

Ideally, Bellerin would be their first choice but he will be way too expensive. Arsenal will demand around £50m or so for him and they will not want to let him go. They can get other RB for much cheaper. Bellerin might rejoin Barca few seasons down but don't see it this summer.

£50m? I think you're forgetting Arsenal are the biggest pushovers of the century and no matter how much they're signing players now, that won't change. The minute those Barca execs get a hold of Bellerin, game over. You think Jordi Alba, Iniesta & co aren't whispering in his ear already? 

I actually think they'll go for Bellerin sooner than later. They're in need of an ultra quick, attack minded, full-back.. That's not Azpilicueta, it's Bellerin. As @LAM09 rightly said, they get their man in the end.

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

£50m? I think you're forgetting Arsenal are the biggest pushovers of the century and no matter how much they're signing players now, that won't change. The minute those Barca execs get a hold of Bellerin, game over. You think Jordi Alba, Iniesta & co aren't whispering in his ear already? 

I actually think they'll go for Bellerin sooner than later. They're in need of an ultra quick, attack minded, full-back.. That's not Azpilicueta, it's Bellerin. As @LAM09 rightly said, they get their man in the end.

Not, this summer though, I am sure of it and yeah I think Arsenal will demand around 40-50 for him simply because of all the money PL teams have now. For instance a team such as Watford are rejecting bids of £20m for Deeney. Arsenal will only sell Bellerin for at least £40m.

On 6/9/2016 at 1:24 PM, Pizy said:

Azpi is the exact opposite type of fullback that Barca like. Total nonstarter.

Not necessarily. Abidal wasn't exactly known for his technical prowess yet the balance he gave to the side was unprecedented. He would cover almost as a third CB when Dani Alves was diving forward, or even Pique for that matter. If Azpicueta can give Barcelona that kind of balance once again with Alba forcing forward on the right, they'd definitely work.

Azpilicueta: "I am happy to play wherever the manager tells me. At #CFC I have played more as a LB, but I am comfortable on either side."
Azpilicueta on Conte's #ITA: "Right now in the Euro we are rivals. As of July when we're at the club we hope to do well together" #CFC (ABC)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12087/10322104/chelseas-cesar-azpilicueta-in-demand-says-guillem-balague

Don't know if serious or not. How can he assukme we want to sell him when Conte is still managing Italy and has not even mentioned anything about Azpi and assuming we will sell for £14m. Ermm no :wank2:

51 minutes ago, Stats said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12087/10322104/chelseas-cesar-azpilicueta-in-demand-says-guillem-balague

Don't know if serious or not. How can he assukme we want to sell him when Conte is still managing Italy and has not even mentioned anything about Azpi and assuming we will sell for £14m. Ermm no :wank2:

He's versatile, defensively sound and gives at least 7/10 every game! Conte should be sacked if he even entertains the idea of selling Azpi.

Ridiculous news article. As if we'd be looking to sell him at all and especially for just €18m when players of inferior quality get sold for a lot more these days. If we'd be buying Azpi from some Portuguese or Spanish club right now I bet the quotation would be €45M or more.

Just need to look at the kind of clubs this joker is saying are interested in Azpi to tell the board and Conte he shouldn't be sold whatever the offer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I can't stand that guy £14m my ass Dave worth at least £25m in today's transfer market 2bh I can't see conte selling him 

The valuation is laughable, but possibility of selling him might not be that far-fetched if Conte wants to play with three at the back. I don't see anything in him to suggest him being a useful WB.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The valuation is laughable, but possibility of selling him might not be that far-fetched if Conte wants to play with three at the back. I don't see anything in him to suggest him being a useful WB.

I'm sure Azpi could be used as the third defender (assuming we sign a quality CB like Koulibaly).

Ivanovic should be the one being sold.  He's past his peak and we should look to get some value before he gets even worse

I'm sure Azpi could be used as the third defender (assuming we sign a quality CB like Koulibaly).

Ivanovic should be the one being sold.  He's past his peak and we should look to get some value before he gets even worse

Could be at times, but he would mostly be on the bench if Conte goes down that route. Iva should be a free agent