César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Has a bad game every now and then, but you can't blame him with this defence really! Surprised he hasn't been worse this season to be honest. 

It's the consistently shite/passive players like Oscar, Mikel and Ivanovic who need to go, like, last season.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a problem with this guy of late, he seems to have morphed into a Ivanovic type mess and regressed so much so that one thought of mine is 'Sell'

I have commented on here over the last few months about how we need more athletic, powerful and all round better full backs... I feel it's becoming more and more evident. 

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I've got a problem with this guy of late, he seems to have morphed into a Ivanovic type mess and regressed so much so that one thought of mine is 'Sell'

I have commented on here over the last few months about how we need more athletic, powerful and all round better full backs... I feel it's becoming more and more evident. 

Yeah Cesar has regressed as well this season. I'm praying, (literally praying), that this is just a one-off.

We need him to bounce back to standard next season playing at RB! Not as an inverted winger with Ivan on the other side. He's lost many more 1v1 battles this season than I can remember from him in his entire Chelsea spell, and has been a little iffy even when playing RB (PSG 2nd goal at SB comes to mind). 

He hasn't been horrendous though, because I still remember the graphic back when the season began, which showed where we were conceding all our goals back when we were one of the worst defense sides in the entire PL (not that we're that much better) but nearly 95% of the goals were from the right and Centre. I wonder how that graph looks for the second half of the season?

Anywho, I'm not overly concerned. As long as he's playing RB next season, even if his play is not that good, at least we'll know from then on moving forward that we'll need an upgrade on RB instead of continuing with the perpetual square pegs in round holes to compensate for other people's shortcomings throughout the team. 

C.Azpilicueta: We want to be back there

Cesar Azpilicueta was part of the ‘guard of honour’ formed by the Chelsea squad to welcome Leicester City onto the pitch prior to yesterday’s final game, and he is using the experience as motivation for next season.

The team that took Chelsea’s Premier League crown and their manager, Claudio Ranieri, were afforded a warm reception by both players and fans alike at Stamford Bridge in recognition of their achievement. In the match itself, Chelsea were heading for victory thanks to a Cesc Fabregas penalty until Leicester equalised inside the final 10 minutes.

‘We had a couple of chances in the first half which we did not take and then from the goal we conceded, the result was not what we were looking for,’ said Azpilicueta.

‘We wanted to finish in a good way, to finish with three points in front of our fans after a difficult season but we couldn’t do it.’

The Spain international full-back said results this season meant Chelsea warranted the experience of being the congratulators rather than the congratulated on this occasion.

‘We deserved this but we want to be on the other side and we have to fight to be there next season. We know it is going to be tough but we have to show the spirit to do it again.’

The afternoon ended with the players showing their appreciation for the Chelsea fans and the backing they have given this season, and Azpilicueta put that into words.

‘When you win trophies and when you win games, it is easy to find the support but this season, even if we weren’t getting the results, if we only won a few games at home, they always supported us home and away. They were always behind us and this is the real support and we have to give back winning trophies as soon as possible.

‘The next chance we have is next season and in a few months we will be back here trying to win trophies for them.’
chelseafc.com

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, the wes said:

Barcelona eye move for Chelsea Spaniard

Barcelona are interested on signing Chelsea full-back Cesar Azpilicueta this summer in a bid to fill the void left by Dani Alves, according to The Daily Telegraph.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fuck. Off. Barca.

Don't believe that at all. As good as Azpi is,he don't really fit the mould of attacking fullbacks Barca go after. They will more likely go after Mariano, Gaspar or who knows maybe even Aurier.

29 minutes ago, Stats said:

Don't believe that at all. As good as Azpi is,he don't really fit the mould of attacking fullbacks Barca go after. They will more likely go after Mariano, Gaspar or who knows maybe even Aurier.

I agree what your saying mate Cuadrado would suit Barcelona style at right-back position

41 minutes ago, Stats said:

I think it's gonna be Bellerín.

42 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think it's gonna be Bellerín.

Ideally, Bellerin would be their first choice but he will be way too expensive. Arsenal will demand around £50m or so for him and they will not want to let him go. They can get other RB for much cheaper. Bellerin might rejoin Barca few seasons down but don't see it this summer.

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Ideally, Bellerin would be their first choice but he will be way too expensive. Arsenal will demand around £50m or so for him and they will not want to let him go. They can get other RB for much cheaper. Bellerin might rejoin Barca few seasons down but don't see it this summer.

That guy is really talented though, won't be surprised if top clubs are interested in him.