David Luiz

the wes

He would be exceptional for barca because they do little in the way of defending and have the ball forever. I like his personality and is a great character to have around the dressing room. He needs to improv in his decision making, but i wouldn't want to see him leave for a loss. What we need to identify is our best partnership at CB. And then whoever it is with JT will get a go, and the rest need to earn thier spot. He is versatile and can play a a couple of roles, and has shown a lot of quality albeit in glimpses and coupled with some big areas. But i wouldn't write him off just yet.

The more i watch Luiz the more I realise he plays for himself trying to look good. His lazy and has no positioning sense. Almost feel sorry for any CB paried with him (looking at Chaill here).

Similar to Mikel, they both have the raw potential to be the best at there relative positions but they don't have the right mentality and temperament.These two qualities can make or break any young professional athlete in any sports.

We should sell him.

Thats funny considering Luiz+Terry has been our best CB pairing.

Honestly, Luiz is better than Cahill. I believe the reason some people dont like Luiz is because of his temper sometimes. But hello: Let me introduce Terry to you. Our fucking captain and one of the best CBs ever. He's not exacly known for his calm behaviour and all that.

Sell him? Are you mad?

The more i watch Luiz the more I realise he plays for himself trying to look good. His lazy and has no positioning sense. Almost feel sorry for any CB paried with him (looking at Cahill here).

Similar to Mikel, they both have the raw potential to be the best at there relative positions but they don't have the right mentality and temperament.These two qualities can make or break any young professional athlete in any sports.

We should sell him.

Luiz does pretty well at CB alongside a leader (eg. Luisao at Benfica...Silva for Brazil..and JT at Chelsea)

BUT..when you play him alongside an average defender like Cahill, he doesn't know what to do...and then our defence becomes non existent...

We will have to see what happens, i have no debate on Luiz.

People want him here and want to give him a chance, i can fully understand that. Because when we first signed him, I'l be honest the first few month, i honeslty thought we just signed one of our greatest defenders ever. Then ever since that Stoke game two years ago where he got bullied by Kenwyn Jones all game he has just never been the same since. He has the odd good game now and then but that's about it.

So people who want rid of him i can also understand as he's been very dissapointing over the past two seasons, he has put in more bad performances than good, and you also have to take into account we paid 21 million for him, i think it was more than that actually. That's a shit load for a defender, and he hasn't been anywhere near that.

I can't place my mind on it, i really don't know, he's a strange player, i just don't know if he's going to get his act together and become a great player for us or just be a waste of money?. But the main question is, does he deserve that patience?.

Both him and Ramires were a waste of money (compared to what we could have got), £40m+ respectively. And yet, due to the positions they play and the semi-large sums for a club like this, they will never be branded as flops like Torres is. Luiz made an instant impact with goals, I think that must have made a lasting impression, 'that and his personality'. At least it's now being widely accepted Ramires is a utility player at best, with no place in the current or future XI setup.

As 'first teamers' their level is Europa League, oh wait.. :rolleyes:

Both him and Ramires were a waste of money (compared to what we could have got), £40m+ respectively. And yet, due to the positions they play and the semi-large sums for a club like this, they will never be branded as flops like Torres is. Luiz made an instant impact with goals, I think that must have made a lasting impression, 'that and his personality'. At least it's now being widely accepted Ramires is a utility player at best, with no place in the current or future XI setup.

But hang on a minute... Are we saying a players potential is not intrinsically linked to a club?

We have had no managerial stability, no coaching ethos, no chance for players to be drilled tactically - military style until it becomes second nature...

Everything we do on the pitch - looks like a collection of players - not a team... Now, some players need the team element - hence why average Swansea, Norwich and Wigan players look good on the ball - as the team and coaching ethos allows them to do this.

I think both Luiz and Ramires have suffered - they needed a strong manager to instil a playing style for them in the EPL - that hasn't happened, they've basically played in a few positions and never been given a long term chance. Yes Luiz and Ramires are wasteful in possession - but the Brazil team has good movement and understanding - we don't have that at Chelsea!

I have been saying for ages our attacking shape and ideas are awful and easy to defend against - we get in great positions then slowly pass the ball all the way back to the keeper... Instead of finishing the attacking sequence...

So in summary a Great manager can get players playing at levels beyond their natural ability. We haven't had this for a while - it is sorely needed...

The best position for him is the DMC for me the in future, too inconsistent to be a long term CB, rather have Kalas or Chalobah there.

Kalas is a now mainly a right back while chalobah is now a holding/box to box midfielder.

I tell you what! I don't think there has ever been a shitter club than us when it comes to buying, we have bought the worst players over the years for the biggest amounts of money.

Surprised this thread is so quiet. Barely no one praises Luiz when he has a good game, but are easy to criticise him heavily after a bad game, even some saying that one bad game is proof we should sell him and that he's not good enough etc. This is why I say the criticism he gets is over exaggerated.

Couldnt agree more. Ive said the same thing before and this is simply proof of it.

For some reason people seem to think Cahill is our new Terry and Luiz is nothing but trouble. Todays game proved that wrong, once again...