David Luiz

the wes

Was brilliant again today with T. Silva, they compliment each other so well. Luiz has been consistent for quite a long run of games now, hopefully he keeps it up and realises his potential ASAP. If we can get a CB of T. Silva's ilk to partner Luiz we'll be set for years.

They don't make many players of Silva's ilk, tbh.

But yeah, Luiz is hitting form for club and country (except for a few lapses of concentration). Need him to keep this form for the rest of the season if we are to achieve our objectives.

Was solid today.He has been really consistent this year and i hope he keeps it up.

Yeah, you notice that whenever this thread is quiet Luiz is doing well. It will only take one bad game for people to call him useless/brainless/headless & for the calls to sell him ASAP to return. Like it or not, Luiz has been one of our better, consistent players this season.

Those are the ones who could be available in the summer.

Real will not let Varane go at any costs nor will he want to leave. He is 19, playing regular football there at one of the best clubs in the world. Why would they even contemplate selling him or would he consider leaving?

Real will not let Varane go at any costs nor will he want to leave. He is 19, playing regular football there at one of the best clubs in the world. Why would they even contemplate selling him or would he consider leaving?

Remember, key word here is could. Not a probable matter, rather a possibility.

If Mourinho were to come there could be a possibility of Varane joining us considering Mourinho's affect on players IE Carvalho and Ferreria. But that is only assumption, hence the uh, cough, could part.

Surprised this thread is so quiet. Barely no one praises Luiz when he has a good game, but are easy to criticise him heavily after a bad game, even some saying that one bad game is proof we should sell him and that he's not good enough etc. This is why I say the criticism he gets is over exaggerated.

I agree! We are privileged to have such a talented defender

A hard tackling defender like him is essential in our style. Like @Strike, pointed out in his article, Ivanovic and Luiz could be our main defensive partnership both r aggressive defenders and do a good job with the ball on their feet. It's gr8 to have defenders like that in a side that dominates possession.

Luiz hard tackling nature and tendency to dive into tackles (something which many ppl have been criticising) helped in getting the 2 goals at Old Trafford. Our midfielders often fail to get tackles and help us in maintaining possession atleast we've got a CB who does that?

Do u guyz think that Luiz should play at CM and someone else should partner Iva at the Centre?

commented on match thread but I have a change in him. It looks as if the player has taken it upon himself to prove his critics wrong. And as stats show when partnered with Ivanovic he looks quality put in some very goo performances. I think bar necessary rotation we have to play the remaining matches with these two anchoring the back four. Not world class yet but definately class.

Great pass for the assist. Was also a bully in defence and often played as a third man in midfield. Would be my 2nd choice for motm after Torres.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2