Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

42 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah he's still horrible at times. 

If people was frustrated with Costa link up play then lukaku even worse. 

We are getting Rob for that amount of money. 

Really fucking robbed. Not just 100m (which we aren't stupid enough to pay i hope) but anything over 60m (that's including his contract situation and those prats Everton). If you just go on the price of his worth without the negitiation bs, is anyone going to go over 50m? 

On 6/8/2017 at 6:33 AM, Hybrid Angel said:

Comparison between Romelu Lukaku and Harry Kane.

Personally I was one of Lukaku's biggest critics for the longest time. I always believed that the technical deficiencies in his game would prevent him from being a top player and he could never improve his abilities in this aspect substantially. However he's slowly and gradually proved me wrong. At this moment of time it's pretty clear that he is better than Costa technically and also possesses a higher football IQ. His awareness of space and movement of teammates relative to his position in or around the box is also a big improvement since his time at Chelsea. 

He's very good at being the striker who receives the ball in his feet and makes a sharp turn, using his strength and speed.  Then he can open his above average vision for a striker to find teammates or make something happen himself. I never understood the similarities to Drogba around the time when Mourinho arrived for the second time. Aside from the fact that they are both big and black strikers, there really weren't any other similarities. Drogba's biggest quality that Lukaku never had at the was the intelligence to use his strength effectively. Imo Romelu was and still is a physically stronger player than Drogba. However, if you watched both play around that time you'd think that Drogba is the stronger player in a sense that he used his strength to shield and hold up the ball way more effectively. 

But now Lukaku has grown a lot in this aspect. He uses body much better than he did before and alongside his improved technique, he's edging closer and closer towards becoming a perfect striker. You can see what I'm talking about in this newly posted Youtube video:

As you can see, his combination use of his body and the ball have improved drastically.  People often complain that he struggles using these in big games, but as @The Skipper mentioned it's fairly obvious that Everton play very defensively in big games and look for scraps up top. In these type of situations it's very harsh to judge a striker's performance and abilities. But even then, if you look at the table I posted above or the statistic that @pHaRaOn posted you'll see that he's managed to have a very solid big game record in his CV. I think this record will improve even more if/when he comes to Chelsea and he'll become a hit here, comfortably scoring 20+ goals in the league if our season goes relatively well. 

Top post. Almost an identical feeling for me. If you don't let your emotions come into play, and actually look at this rationally, even if you don't like the player, you can't honestly say he's as bad as some try to make him seem on here, and on Twitter.

I think he's far better than costa who played from January. But is behind the costa we saw at the beginning of the season.  I'm not as bothered about his first touch as many here, from what I can remember, costa was worse imo, terrible at holding the ball Infact and we still won the league with 93 points. 

What I don't like the most about lukaku is this Screenshot_2017_06_10_06_02_10.png

I think his runs off the ball is poor, and I think he doesn't move enough to create angles for passing and putting off defenders.  

But I'll give him the benefit of a doubt and say maybe the midfielders he's been playing with at Everton and westbrom are terrible passers and couldn't locate him with accurate passes so he didn't make sprints behind because of that. 

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Gomez averaged a goal a game for Bayern in 11/12 yet dropping him for a player who doesn't even score half as much turned them into treble winners.  In my opinion Lukaku is going to have to hit Messi-Ronaldo figure's to make up for his flaws.

Dont compare the bundesliga to the epl ever again. there is no competition there. Even tottenhem can win the league 4times on the bounce there.

Just now, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Dont compare the bundesliga to the epl ever again. there is no competition there. Even tottenhem can win the league 4times on the bounce there.

Yeah its so easy no one had ever done 4 in a row (for a very long time if ever) before last year. And this ultra competitive EPL you are describing, is that the league so strong 4 of the last 5 winners have pissed the league?

19 minutes ago, Peace. said:

To be frank there is nothing impressive in that video and his "ultimate" skills are quite banal, to say the least. Not only that, but there are dozens of "skills" and moves that have genuinely nothing to do in a "skills compilation" video — and the fact that they are nonetheless included speaks volume about the technical abilities of the said player.

He may be a good goalscorer but he is also an average football player. Here, he will most likely get the goals yet will not improve whatsoever the team as a whole, which is kind of problematic isn't it. This is not the profil of player that top teams should target to lead their front line — or to play anywhere within the starting eleven, for that matter —, but alas we seem to be unable to shot above that height...

to say the truth majority of the players in England are average. Those we get leave for better teams like Real Madrid honestly.

MAN U= rojo pogba mhki jones smalling rashford( when i look at other around his age out there) fellaini.............

MANCITY= otamedi yaya sterling(to some level) nolito fernando and dinho ............

Arsenal = apart from Sanchez and let me add Ozil for the benefit of the dou

Tottenham= At the moment i can say they have a good first team but their dept is below average

CHELSEA= Matic moses alonso(he can't even get into the national team) i feel like i should add Cahill as well

LIVERPOOL= Matip clyne can milner Both keepers and the bench our preety average

All these players are big in England but how many would attract serious attention globally( meaning world eleven status)

People might not agree but that thow i feel so we should talk as though any of the strikers we are chasing are that great. 

If you want great= Auba, carvani, suarez, lewandowski kane dybala griezmann mbappe sanchez aguero............. People who are actually part of europes TOP 5 leagues goal scorers charts

1 hour ago, Peace. said:

To be frank there is nothing impressive in that video and his "ultimate" skills are quite banal, to say the least. Not only that, but there are dozens of "skills" and moves that have genuinely nothing to do in a "skills compilation" video — and the fact that they are nonetheless included speaks volume about the technical abilities of the said player.

He may be a good goalscorer but he is also an average football player. Here, he will most likely get the goals yet will not improve whatsoever the team as a whole, which is kind of problematic isn't it. This is not the profil of player that top teams should target to lead their front line — or to play anywhere within the starting eleven, for that matter —, but alas we seem to be unable to shot above that height...

btw i dont think you read what you wrote. What does chelsea need, someone to score more  than 20 goal per season which costa doesnt do. Now how can you say bringing someone who would get us the goals doesn't improve the team us a whole. Look at ibrahimovic that guy is so shitty with be ball at his feet worst than lukaku but nobody talks about it because he still scores the goals. He is so poor at link up play and can't control the ball unless it is in the air.

So lets not act as if lukaku is that bad. Yes he does not warrant the price being asked but is good enough. The two seasons in which costa scored 20 goals in the EPL we won the tilte so if we can get someone who will give us 25 or more then we are even likely to get a double anytime we win the EPL.

Costa was never good at adding to the team except scoring that is why when he was scoring not too many complained because its his job to score but when you stop doing your job and doing other things you become useless to the team. ibrah was shitty on many occassions in the league but he scored that one goal or two to shut people up. the only diff is he never complained of returning to france or going to china

Average footballer but great goal scorer? So like Diego Costa then? Or even Harry Kane?

Neither of those two are electric with the ball yet score 20 or more per season. Lukaku is the same.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Costa may be shit technically but his movement to shift defenses all over the shop is a key reason why we only dropped 7 points in 26 games vs flat track sides. Lukaku has no movement or tactical awareness in the build up that i really fear we will have more 13/14 like frustration's trying to break down lesser sides.

He defo improved his technique this season. Look at his goals against Southampton (A), WBA (H), Hull away. Three brilliant goals that I would never typically associate with him. His first touch will never be great but in terms of technique and striking the ball he defo improved on that this season which proved to be important, especially against the lower teams in the table who would sit and defend.

4 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

I think he meant CL too. Mandzukic was pivotal there, despite Gomez being better finisher.

3 hours ago, Rapkun said:

I don't think people realize how good Diego Costa actually is. Won championships in Spain and England playing for teams with low blocks but people still call him a donkey SMH.

As for his lack of technique, I agree he's not the most comfortable on the ball but his link-up was unreal at times. Very few strikers in the world have the ability or the first touch to control those long balls from Fabregas and convert them into goals like he does. Made it look so easy.

Not Costa biggest fan, i do agree he is getting incredibly underrated. Abilities aside, from a personality standpoint he is also a big loss, gritty and feisty player that has enormous impact on his teammates. Players around him feed off that energy, and pivotal to a winning side. Part of Atletico historic success, and our side that won 2 PL in 3 years.

From a personality standpoint, going from Costa to Lukaku. Is like going from a lion to a pussy cat. Massive downgrade.