Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

37 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Tuchel was rather indifferent to transfers and it led to his first falling apart with Clearlake, so why would he push for Lukaku in particular, knowing he will destroy his system and will be playing outside the tactic at all times?

Auba was definitely his buy. Also Law reported back then TT was against Kounde so that's why club got Fofana. I know many were against Kounde but at least he would be available and cheaper. So it would prevented us to buy Fofana and Disasi. He definitely had his say and it was never good. In other clubs as well. If you add dull football we played under him no surprise he is nowhere near top managers we had under Roman. For me is:

1. Mourinho 

2. Ancelotti 

3. Conte 

4. Sarri 

We played great under Hiddink first spell and Grant but they were too short here and were unlucky not to win major trophies so Tuchel would probably be 5th on my list. 

9 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

If we bought him then, we would be in a much better place now even with all his costs involved.

I don’t believe for a second Haaland would have picked us. We bid way more than his release clause to get him early in Jbuary that year. But when a journalist asked him about it, he laughed his ass off instead of parroting the usual BS about „great honour to be of interest for such a big club, we have to wait and see“

3 hours ago, TheHulk said:

She didn't she pennypinched and got this colossal trash instead of paying the 135m for Haaland. Sources said Haaland was open to the move as well but she deemed it as to expensive and bought this cretin instead.

There was never any evidence we were in the running for Haaland ever barring the links under Lampard before he went to Dortmund in 2019. That was the only concrete links we’ve ever had to him and Frank even said in his second spell last season, he pushed the club to sign him but doesn’t know how close we were to doing a deal.

After Erling went to Dortmund it was pretty damn obvious he was never moving here, ever. Well, I thought so anyway, I don’t know about you. Blaming Marina for penny pinching over a deal for Haaland is just typical outrage over something that never happened if I’m honest, its quite laughable. Be like slating Boehly for not signing Jude Bellingham although we were never going to get him. Or even made a bid. 😂

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

There was never any evidence we were in the running for Haaland ever barring the links under Lampard before he went to Dortmund in 2019. That was the only concrete links we’ve ever had to him and Frank even said in his second spell last season, he pushed the club to sign him but doesn’t know how close we were to doing a deal.

After Erling went to Dortmund it was pretty damn obvious he was never moving here, ever. Well, I thought so anyway, I don’t know about you. Blaming Marina for penny pinching over a deal for Haaland is just typical outrage over something that never happened if I’m honest, its quite laughable. Be like slating Boehly for not signing Jude Bellingham although we were never going to get him. Or even made a bid. 😂

We were 100% in for him a few weeks before we got Lukaku from what I remember, reports of Dortmund wanting 135m or along these lines with 20m towards Raiola and his father. We went for Lukaku because he was 50-60m cheaper overall but as we see right now we lost more in the long run than if we had Haaland now on big wages. I don't remember anyone reporting he didn't fancy us on the contrary we were discussing with Dortmund but they didn't wanna let him go unless we paid over the moon so we turned to the donkey.

If Boehly came in that summer I'm pretty confident we would've got him because he would've paid overpaid to get him.

Edited by TheHulk

On 31/08/2023 at 20:28, TheHulk said:

We were 100% in for him a few weeks before we got Lukaku from what I remember, reports of Dortmund wanting 135m or along these lines with 20m towards Raiola and his father. We went for Lukaku because he was 50-60m cheaper overall but as we see right now we lost more in the long run than if we had Haaland now on big wages. I don't remember anyone reporting he didn't fancy us on the contrary we were discussing with Dortmund but they didn't wanna let him go unless we paid over the moon so we turned to the donkey.

If Boehly came in that summer I'm pretty confident we would've got him because he would've paid overpaid to get him.

complete revisionism from in terms of the cost of Håland for us back them

d2fb36cd3306f411db8e9ae6b1902b72.png

Edited by Vesper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

“In the next two years I see Saudi Pro League becoming one of the best in the world, if not the best. The clubs make a lot of efforts to bring the big players here. As a result, the teams and the footballing qualities are improving significantly.

“They are improving a lot. It could be the best competition in the world.”

-Romelu Lukaku; source: Riyadiya TV via Mail

Great! He will end up there.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

“In the next two years I see Saudi Pro League becoming one of the best in the world, if not the best. The clubs make a lot of efforts to bring the big players here. As a result, the teams and the footballing qualities are improving significantly.

“They are improving a lot. It could be the best competition in the world.”

-Romelu Lukaku; source: Riyadiya TV via Mail

Great! He will end up there.

He’s definitely angling for that huge last payday. If it’s a transfer then I’ll be happy