Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I've been expecting this transfer since January.  Only, I thought Costa was surely a goner this summer, and I'm less convinced about that.

I think Lukaku gets some unfair criticism, it feels like he's been around for ages, but he's still only 24.  Personally, I think he's one of the best under-25 strikers in football.  He's not hit his ceiling yet, his prime is still a good 3-4 years away.

Sure, I think it would be easier to win now with the likes of Lewandowski and players of his class, but we can't get them.  And, 5 years from now, I'd totally rather have Lukaku.

I like the idea of a player wanting to come here.  It will be less likely that they will throw a strop in January because they want to move on.

For me, one of the great things about this season, compared to the last, wasn't just the results.  It was how much I liked the team.  If Lukaku WANTS to be here, I'm all for it.

"The people against Lukaku's signing, me, the people who consistently like my posts regarding this, are, without mincing words, the thinkers and observers of the forum. The people with slightly higher brain power (someone has to have it. nobody who has it though, enjoys it.)"

Admins, I saw you said that if we disagree with someone we need to debate it out but this post is absolutely preposterous... Can you really debate a person that writes shit like this? He literally downgrades and looks down on everyone who doesn't agree with him. 

I am really interested to know how old this kid is. One think is sure - posts like this don't belong on a quality forum.

1 minute ago, Footballover said:

Admins, I saw you said that if we disagree with someone we need to debate it out but this post is absolutely preposterous... Can you really debate a person that writes shit like this? He literally downgrades and looks down on everyone who doesn't agree with him. 

I am really interested to know how old this kid is. One think is sure - posts like this don't belong on a quality forum.

1. We don't see everything, despite some thinking we do

2. In future, if you think it's worth reporting, then report it.

13 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

It is pointless to say something about Leif, I don't know why but he seems untouchable. This message was not even edited. Excuse was again they can't see everything.

Now I am actually at home, on a device that isn't locked down and restricted by work I can see it. Not that I have to explain myself to you but I just did, so let me explain something back to you. I like most of the staff try my best, try my best to run this forum at times which is not easy due to other commitments. In future don't start making snide comments regarding the staff of this forum. You have one simple choice here, reign in the slur or you can enjoy a break, the choice is yours.

1 hour ago, Chelsea? said:

Can someone please tell me why 

1. He's a better option than Morata?

2. What he brings to this team that Costa didn't?

1. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. Lukaku has played and scored in the Premier League a lot, strong and tall yet quick, can score with both feet and head. Morata is also a good striker, but he is 25 and yet to have a true breakthrough season. He had a good Champions League-campaign with Juventus two years ago, but overall he didn't score too much for them(15 goals in 63 games) and he had never been a first choice striker at Real Madrid, so I would say Morata is a bigger risk. Of course it's possible that we buy Morata and he wins the golden shoe next year and it is also possible that we sign Lukaku and he becomes the biggest flop ever. We can't know any of this for sure. We know their carrer stats, we can watch all of their goals they scored for other teams and that's it.

2. Maybe not threatening Chelsea to leave every 3 months? :)

50 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

I saw some posts about how Lukaku can't score against a big teams.

Lukaku' goals in Premier League (WBA + Everton):

Top 4: 12 (14,2%)
5-10: 26 (30,6%)
11-16: 24 (28,2%)
Bottom 4: 23 (27%)

For example:

Morata' goals in Serie A (Juventus) + La Liga (Real Madrid):

Top 4: 1 (2,5%)
5-10: 13 (32,5%)
11-16: 12 (30%)
Bottom 4: 14 (35%)

Harry Kane' goals in Premier League (Tottenham):

Top 4: 8 (10,3%)
5-10: 20 (25,6%)
11-16: 28 (35,9%)
Bottom 4: 22 (28,2%)

Well I am not someone no to admit an error. That record looks pretty decent. That is indeed a decent record. May you please provide us with the time range this sample was compiled of?

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Well I am not someone no to admit an error. That record looks pretty decent. That is indeed a decent record. May you please provide us with the time range this sample was compiled of?

All of their goals in Premier League for Lukaku and Kane; all of his goals in Serie A + La Liga for Morata.

Also, Lukaku scored 6 times against teams that eventually became champions, Morata - 0, Kane - 2.

5 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

What are his weaknesses and strengths?

Only Aguero has scored more goals in the Prem the last 4 years

Scored 1 in every 1.5 games last year

Has always dreamed of playing for Chelsea, so fully committed

Knows the club and the Belgian boys so no settling in or adapting to the country problems

Just turning 24 so hitting his prime

On the downside he didn't score against top 6 till final game, but then again he was playing for a developing side who would be more defensively oriented, and we would use Costa against the top 6 and Lukaku against the lower teams

Drogba is very keen to see him at the Bridge, and could offer some long distance mentoring

9 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Only Aguero has scored more goals in the Prem the last 4 years

Scored 1 in every 1.5 games last year

Has always dreamed of playing for Chelsea, so fully committed

Knows the club and the Belgian boys so no settling in or adapting to the country problems

Just turning 24 so hitting his prime

On the downside he didn't score against top 6 till final game, but then again he was playing for a developing side who would be more defensively oriented, and we would use Costa against the top 6 and Lukaku against the lower teams

Drogba is very keen to see him at the Bridge, and could offer some long distance mentoring

No way he and Costa stay unless we move to a 2 striker system. But I can't see Diego and Lukaku in a 2 man partnership. Both are poor on the ball. 

8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

On the downside he didn't score against top 6 till final game

A last season? He scored against City in October and January, against Spurs in March and against Arsenal (as you mentioned) in May.

7 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

A last season? He scored against City in October and January, against Spurs in March and against Arsenal (as you mentioned) in May.

Was getting mixed up there, smoking hash. Reckon he'll be a good acquisition

6 hours ago, Leif said:

When in flying fuck has Lukaku scored more than 2 headed goals in a season? His aerial ability has improved compare to Pedro's. Compared to a built man his size, it's pathetic. It's like having the longest legs in class, and saying you've improved because you finished 2nd-last this time, not last. Don't mark that down as progression :lol:Mark that down as finally being at the starting line, 4 years late. If you learn to head the ball at 24 you're not good enough for Chelsea ffs:lol:

This clearly shows you have not watched him this season. If you actually watched him you wouldn't of said he scored 2 headed goals. He has scored 6 but another thing you have been blindsided too. Not surprised really when you describe him as 'fat'. Couldn't make it up.

Seeing Morata play just now makes me so sad that we have to go after Lukaku while the former is available and so much more talented. There really is something wrong with the chelsea board when Lukaku and Bakayoko are first options and Morata Tolisso are second...