Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

4 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Brilliant video here illustrating how much he's improved at Everton

look at the kind of team mates he has at everton. The people who say he is bad at link up play, if you watch this very well you would see that he always has to give commands to his team mates to make the runs which is very frustrating for him. It seems like everton rely on him too much so when they get the ball out of defence and give the ball to him, they act as if their jobs are done so they leave everything from there to him.

if you watch arsenal aswell, when they give the ball to sanchez they act like their job is done so they just watch him go alone and suffer the rest of the way to the goal.

Do you think lukaku would have the same issue with pedro hazard fabregas willian or even kante and alonso? I don't think so.

I really want Michy to get his chance. He proved he can knock them in when given time on the pitch. At times his link up was amazing. Works hard and he is a physical beast too. Big, strong and fast.

But this forum was quick to write him off because he wasn't scoring when he wasn't on the pitch. Lol...

I agree with you in a lot of ways. I just don't really know what Michy can do for a whole season. I've seen what Lukaku can do.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Large number of people here write players off when they aren't even in the 18, as you said. Something's don't change

Michy scored over 20+ in a poor Marseille side prior to joining us, so I wouldn't have any doubt in him delivering. Europe would be the only question mark, but what has Lukaku done on that front?

Miss a PK in the Super Cup.

I'd personally prefer Michy to lead the line than spending £60-80m on someone that isn't that special IMO.

nah,,prefer we stay with michy. and throw a bigger money to world class RW...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

nah,,prefer we stay with michy. and throw a bigger money to world class RW...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

And get rid of Willian in the process?

I think a CM should be our number one priority after this saga.

8 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

atletico knew they had a ban but are still trying to make lacazette ready for that move. the ban stops them from registering new players but doesn't stop them from making the deals set and wait for the ban before registering them.

its like how the window is not opened but players already know where they are headed but just waiting for the date to be registered as players of those teams. 

Do you think if he went back he would be the main man. Infact it was only chelsea where we had no one that he became a main strike but in atletico apart from the season that made us sign him he was always a supporting strike to Falcao

In that sense, you're right. But there hae been many reports that Lacazette wouldn't move in this window to Atletico and not paly for 6 months. Think he will look at other options or play for half a season or full season more and then seek a move there.

I think Costa will definitely be the main man at Ateltico, just like he was when we signed him from them. 

10 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Large number of people here write players off when they aren't even in the 18, as you said. Something's don't change

Michy scored over 20+ in a poor Marseille side prior to joining us, so I wouldn't have any doubt in him delivering. Europe would be the only question mark, but what has Lukaku done on that front?

Miss a PK in the Super Cup.

Top scorer in europa league 2014-2015...?

Lukaku => C1 + C3 : M = 31; G = 16; KP = 7

Not so bad...

Batsman => C1 + C3 : M = 25; G = 7; KP = 3

Costa => C1 + C3 : M = 37; G = 14; KP = 4

7 hours ago, Tibou55 said:

Top scorer in europa league 2014-2015...?

Lukaku => C1 + C3 : M = 31; G = 16; KP = 7

Not so bad...

Batsman => C1 + C3 : M = 25; G = 7; KP = 3

Costa => C1 + C3 : M = 37; G = 14; KP = 4

We're not a EL side

22 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We're not a EL side

You question his "Europe's" abilities, I give you this.

Plus, C1 => M=4, G =3.

He can't be worse than Costa for sure in Champion's league.

I think that it is very important to remember that Lukaku is still not a finished product. Conte is a disciplinarian putting a lot of effort into getting the most of his players. The Guardian had a good article on some of his training methods, such as performing shadow play during training (playing a game without a ball, practising movement and passing instinct). Maybe going back to Chelsea will allow him to take the last steps towards becoming world class? 

21 minutes ago, Tibou55 said:

You question his "Europe's" abilities, I give you this.

Plus, C1 => M=4, G =3.

He can't be worse than Costa for sure in Champion's league.

Not sure what Costa's numbers are for us, but didn't he knock us out at Stamford Bridge?

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah he's still horrible at times. 

If people was frustrated with Costa link up play then lukaku even worse. 

We are getting Rob for that amount of money. 

Lukaku is all about goals. If he scores, he plays good. If he doesn't score, he is frustrating.

12 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah he's still horrible at times. 

If people was frustrated with Costa link up play then lukaku even worse. 

We are getting Rob for that amount of money. 

If we want a striker with better link up play morata or Aubameyang is the striker we should sign 

1 hour ago, milka said:

Romelu Lukaku has scored more PL goals (85) than:

• Cristiano Ronaldo - 84

• Tevez - 84

• Bellamy - 81

• Kane - 78

• Suarez - 69

Lukaku is 24!

In how many games? Hasn't he been playing since 19? I'm sure he's played a whole season or 2 more than Kane. How does he compare to Rooney from 19-24?