Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

All things considered, he is without any doubt improvement on Costa.

And yes, Costa is a "crazy" warrior, and sometimes that will be missed. But he is also crazy in all kind of other things, in a bad way. Lukaku is not, he is way more normal and reliable, and that's a big plus.

From only footballing aspect - better in the air, scores more goals, somewhat better technician and link up play, faster. And a lot younger, he will be like a lion when he comes, he will want to prove himself to everyone.

Can't complain, wish him best of luck.

2 hours ago, Rapkun said:

Young striker wanted a free pass at his beloved club. and had to criticize that club publicly after leaving. Still nothing?

I agree with this. It's one thing to want him at the club for his goals and another to say he is a Chelsea fan. This guy left with the first plane as soon as he had to fight for his place.

1 hour ago, Georgy said:

I agree with this. It's one thing to want him at the club for his goals and another to say he is a Chelsea fan. This guy left with the first plane as soon as he had to fight for his place.

This is a bit harsh in my opinion. Not just by you, I'm talking in general about our fans who criticize him about this.

Lukaku was here when he was what, 20-21? And in our team we had Torres, Demba Ba and after that we even got Eto'o.

I think fella knew odds were really against him - Eto'o and Torres, maybe not in their prime, but still big name attackers, and good Demba Ba. That's THREE guys in front of you, three proven guys. So he wouldn't be second, not even third choice - he would be FOURTH choice, for one position. And his manager was Jose Mourinho, the most pragmatic guy ever.

I clearly remember him saying, after going to Everton - "What is the club doing? It's like they are just buying strikers with no true plan what to do with them." (or something like this)

Don't know, Lukaku isn't maybe the best of characters, I am aware of his deficiencies, but for this one - I'm not blaming him.

I cant remember the source, but apparently Lukaku ran the least out of all prem strikers last season and was very low for interceptions too. I think Costa is very high for interceptions. Hopefully he just needs a kick up the arse though the Everton boss strikes me as someone who would demand that too. 

6 hours ago, Rapkun said:

Young striker wanted a free pass at his beloved club. and had to criticize that club publicly after leaving. Still nothing?

i bet you that is the same thing solanke will do to us. as a matter of fact i would rub it right in so you will see the mistake you committed. 

At least if chelsea had inserted a buy back clause he would have had the idea that we do care but no like we did to others(de bruyne, solanke, ryan bertrand) go f**k yourself is what we told them.I love this club but they deserve what is coming for them. I dont know who invented this system they use. We are just creating haters for ourselve but world class players for others.

Why don't we use the barca youth system where the kids are not forced to believe they have a place in the team, they are just there to learn how to play football their way.

1 hour ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

i bet you that is the same thing solanke will do to us. as a matter of fact i would rub it right in so you will see the mistake you committed. 

At least if chelsea had inserted a buy back clause he would have had the idea that we do care but no like we did to others(de bruyne, solanke, ryan bertrand) go f**k yourself is what we told them.I love this club but they deserve what is coming for them. I dont know who invented this system they use. We are just creating haters for ourselve but world class players for others.

Why don't we use the barca youth system where the kids are not forced to believe they have a place in the team, they are just there to learn how to play football their way.

I'd like to point out that after xavi ini golden generation they have stopped using home grown kids instead resort to buy flops, yes, flop likes andrea gomes. And the chance for such a generation is once every thirty years or longer.

solanke demands a 59.99k per week contract so I think the board was not cool with it.

5 hours ago, Georgy said:

And he did the right thing. 

So there is a general consensus here that Lukaku is an average footballer albeit a decent athlete and great goalscorer. For 100m. Even though we will never pay that for him, he will be madly expensive as Eerton know there are not many young strikers with his kind of goalscoring record out there. And that is actually the reason why players like him, Morata and Belotti are quoted at these rdidiculous amounts. For 100m we can get 3 strikers of his quality with similar goalscroing ability. Just go down the scoring charts of the top leagues. Lacazette, Gomez, Modeste,  Aduritz, Werner.... not that much of a drop in quality and the board knows that. Lukakus is probably very much a finsihed product. But in their eyes that is not an argument against Lukaku but one in his favor. 20-25 goals per season for 6-8 years if managed correctly. The predictability in this is the charm for the people in charge, managers value nothing more than predictability in their investments. 100m for 120-200 goals, seems like a decent deal. With Rom back we will flat-track bully all the weak sides over and over again and that will win us the league on more occasions than not. Certainly Rom will not lead us anywhere in the CL, strikers who prevail there already had a much better all-round play and technical ability at 24 but so what. It is not that we will work wonders in the CL in the next few years anyway. You can reproach the board for lack of ambition but they are obviously trying to steady the ship. All in all, Lukaku will not be a catastrophy but if this is 100m invested the best way I am not so sure. 

14 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Not keen on buying him, but we wont be paying100m for him. 

He refused the contract already and will be on last year. 60m will be the highest.

It would be stupid when we haggle for every deal about every other player, but simply let everton rape us with that 100m price and take it.

True I believe this as well. 

No way we will pay 100 million. 

It will be in that range as you mentioned. 

16 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He refused the contract already and will be on last year. 60m will be the highest.

It would be stupid when we haggle for every deal about every other player, but simply let everton rape us with that 100m price and take it.

Yep. For £50~£60m it's ok. I think we might haggle it down even further. 

11 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

De bruyne and betrand were sold by the same manager.

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

And he did the right thing. 

I don't think he was saying otherwise buddy. All he was trying to point out is that Lukaku did not act very loyal or acted in a way that showed more loyalty. What did Lukaku showed at Chelsea that reinforced he was not like any other player but he was a more then that and he was a fan? Nothing beside proclaiming he was. He is no worse or better then Cuardado in that regard. I do not criticize either player, both made a good decision. But neither player was loyal. 

The Chelsea fan argument is weak. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Although you have to take account of the Costa situation, publicly Costa has announced he is not wanted at Chelsea and a replacement is necessarily. This benefits Everton, they know that signing Lukaku is a must for Chelsea.

I feel this will play out very long, and i do not see Chelsea paying over the odds immediately. Everton will hold out as long as they can to get the most money.