Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I don't think he was saying otherwise buddy. All he was trying to point out is that Lukaku did not act very loyal or acted in a way that showed more loyalty. What did Lukaku showed at Chelsea that reinforced he was not like any other player but he was a more then that and he was a fan? Nothing beside proclaiming he was. He is no worse or better then Cuardado in that regard. I do not criticize either player, both made a good decision. But neither player twas loyal. 

The Chelsea fan argument is weak. 

My point exactly.

Lukaku leaving Chelsea actually worked out for the best. He played regularly and progressed into the player he is today, The club received a very high fee for him at the time, almost enough to cover what we paid for Diego Costa who lead Chelsea to their first title since 2010. He was young and needed to play more, said so himself. I understood completely. I'm just saying that makes him no different than any non-chelsea fan. Now if you think I'm too quick to judge him. He asked to leave, he got his wish granted. Did he need to publicly criticize the club afterwards? We've had non-fan players who were more respectful to the club after they left.

The interesting thing is that Everton can play the hard ball, while we are okay if they don't want to sell him this summer. We have another options, while they can stick with a rebel for another year. So yes, it is all up for them now.

The interesting thing is that Everton can play the hard ball, while we are okay if they don't want to sell him this summer. We have another options, while they can stick with a rebel for another year. So yes, it is all up for them now.

Not sure about that, Lukaku's one and only preferred destination is Chelsea and if Everton can't convince of paying the price they demand there won't be much the player can do about it.

They will simply explain to him that they are willing to let him leace but the only club he wants to go won't pay the price, thus making it eadier for them to keep him and not necessarily in a rebel mood.

Hope we miraculously manage to snatch Morata under United's nose for 20 Million less somehow, that would be some business, I like the man and he has a lot of quality but is just not able to carry the lone striker position for a Champions League aspiring team by himself... Morata might not be either but he has at least shown his quality at the biggest stage once or twice.

Cetting both and loaning Batshuayi would instantly put us back as titke favourites though, so many options.

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

Are folk being too optmistic with Lukaku's pricing?

The Stones saga needs to be brought up, they were holding him even at 40 million pounds, there is no way they let Lukaku leave for 50-60 million pounds. 

I am actually thinking it might be around 75 million pounds. Everton don't sell easily.

14 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I don't think he was saying otherwise buddy. All he was trying to point out is that Lukaku did not act very loyal or acted in a way that showed more loyalty. What did Lukaku showed at Chelsea that reinforced he was not like any other player but he was a more then that and he was a fan? Nothing beside proclaiming he was. He is no worse or better then Cuardado in that regard. I do not criticize either player, both made a good decision. But neither player was loyal. 

The Chelsea fan argument is weak. 

At Chelsea, as a youngster, you don't get repaid for your loyalty. 

53 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

At Chelsea, as a youngster, you don't get repaid for your loyalty. 

Jose maybe abysmal at playing a youngster from scratch but he has shown with Rashford that he will play one's already proven after inheriting them (KDB aside). Factor in Costa's injury/suspensions and the impact Lukaku is capable of making from the bench, he would have got more than enough minutes in 14/15.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Jose maybe abysmal at playing a youngster from scratch but he has shown with Rashford that he will play one's already proven after inheriting them (KDB aside). Factor in Costa's injury/suspensions and the impact Lukaku is capable of making from the bench, he would have got more than enough minutes in 14/15.

And now he is looking to replace Rashford with Morata and Belotti. Rashford was ostracized before Zlatan's injury, at best being played on the wing which is not his position. He needed Rashford, but won't need him the moment he gets his strikers.

9 hours ago, Adnane said:

Not sure about that, Lukaku's one and only preferred destination is Chelsea and if Everton can't convince of paying the price they demand there won't be much the player can do about it.

They will simply explain to him that they are willing to let him leace but the only club he wants to go won't pay the price, thus making it eadier for them to keep him and not necessarily in a rebel mood.

Hope we miraculously manage to snatch Morata under United's nose for 20 Million less somehow, that would be some business, I like the man and he has a lot of quality but is just not able to carry the lone striker position for a Champions League aspiring team by himself... Morata might not be either but he has at least shown his quality at the biggest stage once or twice.

Cetting both and loaning Batshuayi would instantly put us back as titke favourites though, so many options.

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

I am saying it, because he has refused to sign the new contract couple of months ago. The player himself want the move.

Don't think we're that desperate to sign him at any price though. So if they stick with their asking price, they can keep him, no problem. We have another options. Lukaku maybe has the potential, but at the moment there are some strikers available better than him, with much more reasonable price.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I believe one of the reason of playing Rashford other than Zlatan's injury is also down to the people in the board and United has a strong presence of ex United people who would want to have certain tradition going for them. That could be the reason why Rashford got game time instead of Martial.

Feel it is more of a forced thing rather than Jose wanting to develop ... like someone mention above they are looking to get the likes of Morata and Belloti despite having Rashford and Martial. 

22 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Not keen on buying him, but we wont be paying100m for him. 

He refused the contract already and will be on last year. 60m will be the highest.

It would be stupid when we haggle for every deal about every other player, but simply let everton rape us with that 100m price and take it.

That's not true. Lukaku's contract at Everton is running for another 2 years (until 2019).

5 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

That's not true. Lukaku's contract at Everton is running for another 2 years (until 2019).

I think his point was that this is the last year everton will get serious money for him. Next year they have to sell him for a cut-price fee as it will be his last sumemr transfer window prior to his release. so if they do not want to miss out on like at least 40m they have t sell him this summer.

£60 mil would be very decent business, basically replacing Oscar with Lukaku if we just look at the transfer fees. Honestly it seems to me that Bakayoko and Lukaku are 100% signed, just details remaining to make it official (and waiting with the unveiling).

13 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

Are folk being too optmistic with Lukaku's pricing?

The Stones saga needs to be brought up, they were holding him even at 40 million pounds, there is no way they let Lukaku leave for 50-60 million pounds. 

I am actually thinking it might be around 75 million pounds. Everton don't sell easily.

I agree, it will be 70-75M pounds i think also. hit the bid at 70M everton and drive on, they are already spending that money with Pickford and Keane

Lukaku could be useful as a second striker in a 3-5-2. We all know Conte loves this system and just didn't use it because according to him we didn't have the personnel for that.

If that's the plan, to bring him as a second striker, I think he fits the role down to a T.

Now we all know he has no quality to be the front-man in a big team, where he will face many defensive teams, parking the bus. He's useless in this kind of situation, how can people not admit that? Even at Everton he struggled to score under these circumstances - and few teams played with 9 men behind the ball against Everton.

Not to mention the price tag...

He did what was best for him when he left, as well as we. Let's leave things like this and continue to benefit everybody.