Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Gomez averaged a goal a game for Bayern in 11/12 yet dropping him for a player who doesn't even score half as much turned them into treble winners.  In my opinion Lukaku is going to have to hit Messi-Ronaldo figure's to make up for his flaws.

Yeah... have a look at that Bayern side and this Chelsea side. It isn't close in terms of the amount of talent outside the striker. They had players who can chip in goals at every position just about. Not to mention every player was near world class. Did I miss something and has this happened at Chelsea?

Where is this stigma coming from that Lukaku is some pushover in terms of personality and Costa is some fierce lion? Laughable really. As if you lot are on the pitch getting an ear in as to what goes on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

To be frank there is nothing impressive in that video and his "ultimate" skills are quite banal, to say the least. Not only that, but there are dozens of "skills" and moves that have genuinely nothing to do in a "skills compilation" video — and the fact that they are nonetheless included speaks volume about the technical abilities of the said player.
He may be a good goalscorer but he is also an average football player. Here, he will most likely get the goals yet will not improve whatsoever the team as a whole, which is kind of problematic isn't it. This is not the profil of player that top teams should target to lead their front line — or to play anywhere within the starting eleven, for that matter —, but alas we seem to be unable to shot above that height...

Why not just say you don't like him?

Which parts exactly didn't belong in a skills compilation. He is a 6 foot 3, 100kg player. Were you expecting rabonas, spins and chops all video long? Go watch a 50kg manlet on the wing then.

All this shit about him being poor with the ball when he is a step up from Costa. All this stuff about him being poor with link up? Better than Costa. Goals? Better than Costa. In the air? Better than Costa.

And he is 24.
Our board clearly doesn't know what they're doing though. Not like we've won all these premier league titles and a champions league recently. Clearly we don't bring in the right players to reach new heights.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A man united fan told me that we should be greatful for getting lukaku for 80m pounds because they sold pogba for free and it cost them 89m while we sold lukaku for 28m so technically we are getting him gor 51m.

Crazy how some people think that chelsea has that kind of confidence after the Torres issue to pay that much money

On 6/10/2017 at 1:00 PM, Tomo said:

Gomez averaged a goal a game for Bayern in 11/12 yet dropping him for a player who doesn't even score half as much turned them into treble winners.  In my opinion Lukaku is going to have to hit Messi-Ronaldo figure's to make up for his flaws.

LOL... I can't tell the last time I read such a load of rubbish. 

Really wish people would just start their posts with "firstly, I don't like the guy"  that way I will know to ignore the ridiculous comments on here.

21 hours ago, Peace. said:

To be frank there is nothing impressive in that video and his "ultimate" skills are quite banal, to say the least. Not only that, but there are dozens of "skills" and moves that have genuinely nothing to do in a "skills compilation" video — and the fact that they are nonetheless included speaks volume about the technical abilities of the said player.

He may be a good goalscorer but he is also an average football player. Here, he will most likely get the goals yet will not improve whatsoever the team as a whole, which is kind of problematic isn't it. This is not the profil of player that top teams should target to lead their front line — or to play anywhere within the starting eleven, for that matter —, but alas we seem to be unable to shot above that height...

LOL... What are you looking for Cruyff turns and rabona flicks??? He's a freaking CF not a false 9 or a 10... The skill set you associate with a CF are well under display here and I would go as far as to challenge to to find me 10 better out and out strikers in the world. 

First of all, the most important SKILL a striker can possess is his finishing ability. The second most important SKILL is hold up play, particularly in a 1 striker system. Link up play is also key but not really a qualifiable skill since you need players around you in order to grade your effectiveness.

He is an exceptional lone striker who is highly clinical in the box. Let the magic and ingenuity come from our wingers and midfielders, Lukaku just has to be there to finish off opportunities to make us better. 

15 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I see many people use the Lukaku is a chelsea fan as an argument to defend him. How is that valid? You don't need to be a fan of the club you play for to give your all. You only need to be a professional or have a will to win. Him being a fan didn't stop him from leaving and criticizing the club for the way he was treated. What guarantees do we have that he's going to fight for the shirt more than say Azpilicueta, an Osasuna fan.

I like having guys who want to be at the club and in the dressing room. Too often in the modern game you get players who don't have any connection with the club who say sh_t like "I want to leave and go back to Atleti" We need players who want to be at the club, its great for the fans and also for the image of the club... No real football related pluses unless you buy the whole "I will die on the pitch for the club I love" argument.

20 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I like having guys who want to be at the club and in the dressing room. Too often in the modern game you get players who don't have any connection with the club who say sh_t like "I want to leave and go back to Atleti" We need players who want to be at the club, its great for the fans and also for the image of the club... No real football related pluses unless you buy the whole "I will die on the pitch for the club I love" argument.

Or "Chelsea buy a striker every season and I wanted to be guaranteed a starting spot despite proving nothing". We all like players who are passionate but being a fan is irrelevant IMO.

3 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Or "Chelsea buy a striker every season and I wanted to be guaranteed a starting spot despite proving nothing". We all like players who are passionate but being a fan is irrelevant IMO.

???

I fail to see how your quote has any relevance. Young striker wanted to play and didn't see many opportunities at the club, what's the big deal?

9 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

???

I fail to see how your quote has any relevance. Young striker wanted to play and didn't see many opportunities at the club, what's the big deal?

Young striker wanted a free pass at his beloved club. and had to criticize that club publicly after leaving. Still nothing?

2 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Young striker wanted a free pass at his beloved club. and had to criticize that club publicly after leaving. Still nothing?

Oh so you're still a little butt hurt over that are you? Trust me you'll get over it when he's banging them in regularly

14 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Oh so you're still a little butt hurt over that are you? Trust me you'll get over it when he's banging them in regularly

Tries to prove a point>butthurt... Okay. My mistake for engaging in a debate with you.

8 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Tries to prove a point>butthurt... Okay. My mistake for engaging in a debate with you.

Lets be real here you had no point. You mentioned that he wanted a free pass for the club in relation to how much he loves the club.... the two aren't even closely related.