Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Have to admit I'm getting excited over the idea of Lukaku playing for us. The main thing being that he sincerely wants to be here, unlike Costa. That and his amazing scoring record. He has all the tools to become better than Costa, if he isn't already. We'll finally have an aerial threat we haven't had since Drogba. He's only 24 but has been a prolific goalscorer since 16. Sign him up.

3 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

attack.png

look at this. See how low costa's arieal ability is. Read somewhere on this platform that lukaku is as bad as costa in aerial duels.

I'd rather stick knitting needles in my eyes. I'm firmly in the Lukaku camp give me a Chelsea supporter who has a point to prove against a whiny twat who thinks everyone should dance to his tune.

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Lukaku plays for a non top 4 team, so Lukaku plays more games against top 4 teams. Extra 2 games every season in a small sample size can make a huge difference. 

This is a really deceitful way to use statistics. Shame

1) Intention was to show that Lukaku can score against big sides.

2) Okay, let's add next best team and use Top-5 for Morata and Kane then.

Morata: 3 goals (7,5%)

Kane: 10 goals (12,8%)

Also, worth to note that Kane has scored 3 out of 10 goals from penalties. Morata - 1. Lukaku - 0. So, that's 7 non PK goals for Kane (8,9%) and 2 non PK goals for Morata (5%).

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

No. He will help improve us as a team and Eden as team mate because he is better footballer! He is more sound techicaly and makes him easier to connect with team mates. Lukaku is better poacher, but I want our striker to be more versatile. 

Obviously we need other areas to improve, now your just mixing apples and oranges. But having Morata in a team will give us more fluid football rather having Lukaku. If you dont see that, then we can stop discussing. Lukaku finish is better, but Morata is a more complete player. Tbh, we could argue that Morata is actualy better header than Lukaku too...

What exactly does Lukaku have rather style based on outmuscling opponents? He is quick and decently strong, making him perfect to hold on ball and push through defensive line. If there is space, he is quick enough to run past them. He also has decent touch and dribbling, which comes helpful in certain cases. But against better defenders, he becomes very limited, because he is not that good dribbler or passer. He can run into space rather well, but intelligent defenders mark him out of game.

We should just stop discusing this, we both have opinion and its harder discusing on forum than in person, making it difficult to get to any conclusion. 

I get it Lukaku had brilliant scoring season, his goalrecord is amazing, and his physical atributes make him good striker, but I prefer Morata who is more techical. Neither will change the opinion, so lets see who we end up with and hopefuly they make a good striker for at least next 5 years.

Brilliant video here illustrating how much he's improved at Everton

35 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I know he improved alot, but even then he didnt convince me entirely. Obviously there are not many strikers out there, but my pick would still be Belotti, then Morata and then Lukaku. I have no idea how we are not interested in Lacazette though? Auba is not my cup of tea either.

There is no need for such videos tho, I have seen enough of everton games :)

And if I have to go to ytube, I prefer videos Player VS specific team, that shows his all touches in the game, gives alot more reasonable conclusion if I cant watch full games.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Despite highlight videos obviously not being a firm basis to judge a player on, i think this vid shows that rom has at least some intelligence in the game that i didnt think he had. And that i've rarely seen from diego for that matter.

4 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Despite highlight videos obviously not being a firm basis to judge a player on, i think this vid shows that rom has at least some intelligence in the game that i didnt think he had. And that i've rarely seen from diego for that matter.

I think this video backs up the hard stats 

Lukaku Dispossessed per game - 2.4 (28th in Europe)

Lukaku Bad Control per game - 2.1 (113th in Europe)

Dribbles per game 1.7 (2nd amongst pure strikers in the Prem behind only Aguero)

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

This video makes lukaku look bad with his first touch 

Am sorry but this is a massive misrepresentation of lukaku am sure ppl could put a video together off Ronaldo and messi doing donkey touches. Point is he knows where them goals are and he puts the ball in it it's as simple as that we have hazard Pedro and fabregas to do the fancy one.touch passes in this team we have at the mo rom would do 30+ goals a season a piece of Piss 

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

This video makes lukaku look bad with his control 

Most of those loose touches are with his back to goal and with a defender all over him. 

What this video illustrates to me is he is a poor passer... 

a question to think about 

How many teams in europe are chasing costa 1=AC Milan not even atletico since they are looking at lacazette.

Atletico said their door was open to him but i know they would rather pay 50m+ for Lacazette than pay 30m for costa. how many times do you go to youtube and if you are a football person get recommended videos on Costa -_-

Thats how shitty he is and has been but we just managed.

It hurts that chelsea have to pay so much for lukaku thats all but i see it happening to people like lewis baker, traore, solanke ....................... since chelsea decide to use their system of not selling with buy back options.

Even the rich teams like real madrid, barca, and man city do so.

25 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

a question to think about 

How many teams in europe are chasing costa 1=AC Milan not even atletico since they are looking at lacazette.

Atletico said their door was open to him but i know they would rather pay 50m+ for Lacazette than pay 30m for costa. how many times do you go to youtube and if you are a football person get recommended videos on Costa -_-

Thats how shitty he is and has been but we just managed.

It hurts that chelsea have to pay so much for lukaku thats all but i see it happening to people like lewis baker, traore, solanke ....................... since chelsea decide to use their system of not selling with buy back options.

Even the rich teams like real madrid, barca, and man city do so.

You are very much misinformed about a lot of things. The ban on Atletico Madrid being one of many. 

I remember when we had strikers who weren't regular goalscorers... Now that we have one coming our way people are complaining and want the guy who isn't a regular goalscorer but helps us play nice football.
Serious question. Who will score goals for us if not our striker? That is what sets the big teams apart. They all have that guy who can knock in 25 a season. Morata isn't and has never been that. Lukaku already is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd personally prefer Michy to lead the line than spending £60-80m on someone that isn't that special IMO.

1 hour ago, AK-3001 said:

You are very much misinformed about a lot of things. The ban on Atletico Madrid being one of many. 

atletico knew they had a ban but are still trying to make lacazette ready for that move. the ban stops them from registering new players but doesn't stop them from making the deals set and wait for the ban before registering them.

its like how the window is not opened but players already know where they are headed but just waiting for the date to be registered as players of those teams. 

Do you think if he went back he would be the main man. Infact it was only chelsea where we had no one that he became a main strike but in atletico apart from the season that made us sign him he was always a supporting strike to Falcao

I'd personally prefer Michy to lead the line than spending £60-80m on someone that isn't that special IMO.

I really want Michy to get his chance. He proved he can knock them in when given time on the pitch. At times his link up was amazing. Works hard and he is a physical beast too. Big, strong and fast.

But this forum was quick to write him off because he wasn't scoring when he wasn't on the pitch. Lol...

I agree with you in a lot of ways. I just don't really know what Michy can do for a whole season. I've seen what Lukaku can do.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk