Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He is the best option out of the three strikers we have - give him a run in the squad and if he doesn't find the back of the net as a striker use him as an impact player.

As it currently stands he should be starting against Hull if he manages to score in that match he might get the run he deserves

He is the best option out of the three strikers we have - give him a run in the squad and if he doesn't find the back of the net as a striker use him as an impact player.

As it currently stands he should be starting against Hull if he manages to score in that match he might get the run he deserves

I think he will start against Hull, it will be either him or Torres but I think Lukaku will be picked.

i would want to see him train more on his headers, first touch, defence and play in small spaces instead of constanly the gym

He has already reduced his power training significantly. But you can't expect all or most of his muscles to disappear, clearly a lot of it is just due to genes and previous (especially while growing up) training. The only way you can make them disappear is starving yourself.

He has already reduced his power training significantly. But you can't expect all or most of his muscles to disappear, clearly a lot of it is just due to genes and previous (especially while growing up) training. The only way you can make them disappear is starving yourself.

i didn't say he has to starve himself or train his muscles

i just said i would wanne see him train more on his technique

i didn't say he has to starve himself or train his muscles

i just said i would wanne see him train more on his technique

Well he already has been doing less muscle training for a long time. And without a doubt Mourinho is teaching him all he needs to know. He molded many of our current and former players just fine I'd say.

I think he will start against Hull, it will be either him or Torres but I think Lukaku will be picked.

It won't be Torres, after what Jose said about him struggling against teams that will defend deep, won't it be a bit contradictory by the special one to play him against what will probably turn out to be one of the most defensive teams in PL history?

It's between Ba and Lukaku, and my gut instinct is saying Ba with Romelu as an impact sub, Ba did well against Roma when he came on.

Lukaku essentially just missed an open goal in the friendly against France right now. He was immediately subbed off for Benteke. It's unfortunate because he was finally starting to come into the game. Had a rough first half as he was flagged offside several times.

He had an awful match... that I hope Mourinho didn't watch.

The miss and the offsides aren't it all. Some of the plays he did during first half had me face palmimg. There was this one that really made me think if he can be that naïve... France was attacking, someone else tackled the ball and it was strayed in front of him, instead of moving forward to take the ball, no, he sort of turned, waiting for the ball to continue to move and then for him to run with it. Of course the French player just by his side went to the ball and left with it.

The miss was yet another chance he Torres'ed. I think we should get rid of Torres ASAP because it's clear he's been influencing Lukaku :P

Lukaku essentially just missed an open goal in the friendly against France right now. He was immediately subbed off for Benteke. It's unfortunate because he was finally starting to come into the game. Had a rough first half as he was flagged offside several times.

Lol! He wasn't subbed for that :-)

He did semi ok - good learning school. I saw his first touch improved.

He needs to mentally man the fuck up though. Get in there, man!

Edited by Stingray

I don't think his whole game was awful. The first 10 or so minutes of the second half were pretty good for him. His hold up play was very nice and he had some good chances on goal.

Despite the good, he still looked quite young and a bit immature tonight.

Edited by chopchop

The pass from De Bruyne had too much pace on it if you look at it again. other than that Lukaku has been poor in most of his NT games. Benteke is really 2-3 steps ahead of him.

I was wondering why Benteke was benched to be honest - and that was before the match started.

I was wondering why Benteke was benched to be honest - and that was before the match started.

Because Wilmots hoped Lukaku would grab his chance and put in a performance that would convince Jose to start him over Torres/Ba. He wants competition for Benteke.

Sadly he was painful to watch at times tonight