Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Romelu Lukaku: "Samuel Eto'o or Wayne Rooney, I'm not scared, let them come" #CFC (Fulham Chronicle)

Romelu Lukaku on Fernando Torres number 9 shirt: “It’s something that I’d like very much" #CFC (Fulham Chronicle)

Hehe, and just 3-4 years ago he stood at the Bridge as a boy, telling everyone the day he'd be playing here was the only day they'd see him cry.

If one guy has the heart to get that number 9, it's him.

Sometimes I think that if Hazard had the win or die trying mentality of a Lukaku/Kompany, he'd be on par with Ronaldo.

Some quotes ahead of the big game tonight.

"I don't know if you can talk about the game of the season. We have a lot of them, United, City, Liverpool... The great thing about England is that 6 teams can become champions. United is one of them, so they need to get out of the way."

"If i'm gonna start? Thats were i'm working at. The manager likes to rotate. If you look at that only then i have a fair chance i guess. But the most important thing is that i'm working hard at training. I automaticly get my chances if i do."

"After Aston Villa i got 4 days to get 100% fit. I asked for some extra training last week. Working at my stamina, speed, fitness. Everything to try to get in the best shape. Hopefully i will score my first goal soon."

I am starting to hope he starts and completely trashes their defense .... multiple times.

I hope he gets half an hour in the second half tbh, when we have a lead hopefully. Needs to be brought gradually imo, think it's too early to put the pressure on his shoulders from the start in a game like this.

I hope he gets half an hour in the second half tbh, when we have a lead hopefully. Needs to be brought gradually imo, think it's too early to put the pressure on his shoulders from the start in a game like this.

I thought that as well .... but now ... he is not a kid anymore (you know he led the line at A'lecht like a boss) and the rest of our strikerforce sucks. He seems to be eager to get a starting spot as well, when seeing the interviews with him.

Maybe today is his day :-)

He probably looks at his Belgian teammates and Benteke at Villa thinking "why am I not playing like they are?"

He knew he'd be in for a fight for a place in a club as big as this, but you can't help but feel sorry for him after the preseason he had and the top notch attitude he's displayed.

Why is Jose scared to trust him in the big games? Just how it seems to me. Loan him or play him, simple as that. If hes good enough hes old enough, hes gotten like 10 minutes in 3 games, Jose obviously doesn't think hes good enough yet or he'd have started him upfront tonight surely? Or is he gonna start him in the Super Cup or even the next PL game?