Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He had an awful match... that I hope Mourinho didn't watch.

The miss and the offsides aren't it all. Some of the plays he did during first half had me face palmimg. There was this one that really made me think if he can be that naïve... France was attacking, someone else tackled the ball and it was strayed in front of him, instead of moving forward to take the ball, no, he sort of turned, waiting for the ball to continue to move and then for him to run with it. Of course the French player just by his side went to the ball and left with it.

The miss was yet another chance he Torres'ed. I think we should get rid of Torres ASAP because it's clear he's been influencing Lukaku :P

Excuse me miss Barbara but he didn't have an awful match. His first half was indeed not very good but you can say the same for Hazard in the first half. From the Chelsea players on the field, Kevin was the best this night. Also, Lukaku played a better second half and yes indeed, he missed a very good chance ( I give you that, and you could maybe call it a sitter) but Benteke did exactly the same in our last national game, also on a pass from Kevin. I think you should not exaggerate, the boy is twenty and clearly head an shoulders above lots of others 20-year old strikers.

Surely, he needs to improve but as I said, he did not have an awfull game.

Excuse me miss Barbara but he didn't have an awful match. His first half was indeed not very good but you can say the same for Hazard in the first half. From the Chelsea players on the field, Kevin was the best this night. Also, Lukaku played a better second half and yes indeed, he missed a very good chance ( I give you that, and you could maybe call it a sitter) but Benteke did exactly the same in our last national game, also on a pass from Kevin. I think you should not exaggerate, the boy is twenty and clearly head an shoulders above lots of others 20-year old strikers.

Surely, he needs to improve but as I said, he did not have an awfull game.

we disagree then, mate. I think he had a terrible match, but I'll give you that I didn't really pay much attention in the second half (more like the end of it). But I didn't miss the miss :P

I'm not comparing him to any 20yo either. I just reported what I saw and my personal opinion on that. His age, others about the same age was never implicit or relevant to my point. Perception is subjective and so is expectation. It's not me exaggerating, it's me not being accommodating to him. I've just learned for Belgians there's a special level for Kevin performances in the NT and I guess the same can't be true to Lukaku. Which is why at first it would seem crazy to see more Belgians complaining about Kevin than Romelu when Kevin was much better in the match. So I guess we look at the player in a different way, in addition to having different opinions about his performance. My commentators had much worse words about him than I did, so I guess this is subjective.

If you want exaggeration search Lukaku on twitter and your countrymen (and French) may have different opinions from what my poor French was able to catch and what my English, Spanish and even Portuguese caught. No Dutch for me though.

To be honest I don't care about Benteke (I'm not being rude, just stating how I feel about Benteke, I know sometimes those written sentences sound much harsher than intended). As a Chelsea fan I was paying attention to our players, so that's my assessment of Lukaku's performance. It seems like André had a similar miss for Germany that could have given them the winner, so it seems like Torres isn't influencing only Romelu ;)

And don't be so defensive. A friendly's performance 4 days before the season starts is really irrelevant in the big scheme of things (both for Belgium and Chelsea). How good or bad Romelu or whoever was won't really tell much about their season.

wouldnt worry too much , many cfc lads had poor int friendlies. oscar was poor , cahill was lame , and i hear kdb and hazard were not particularly good

thats not good for chelsea is it? :cry:

His hold up play is always ruined because of that first touch. How he hasn't tried to develop it is quite strange to me

Edited by kellzfresh

i dont know witch game some off u saw, but he's first half was terrible

didn't use he's body like he should

Always try to run with the ball

Always run in the space where the winger was trying to go to make the cross

my opinion off he's first half - Always in the wrong place at the right time

second half -decent but not good enough

somethimes i think he's football inteligence is poor

he doesn't watch what the defenders are doing and trying to anticipate to that

but he is only 20 and offcourse he only thinks off scoring goals but he's trying to much,

in overall our three players looked tired

Edited by jan

Seriously people, some serious exaggerating going on here... Lukaku missed an open chance, check. The ball was, I daresay, played too hard, but that doesn't count. Check.

His first half was bad, check. The fact he had Koscielny and Sagna breathing down his neck the whole time... doesn't count! check.

Which I hardly read on here, however, is that his second half was very promising and he actually started outsmarting his defenders, linking up and creating chances for his teammates.

He should get stick for his first half but the way he came out again has to count for something. I for one thought France was tough as nails and Belgium had a bad day, as a team!

We still could and should've won though, but there's always Brasil for that ;)

Lukaku top scorer after this weekend, you heard it here first!; 5€ up for grabs to the first one who wants to bet on it!

lukaku had a poor game, i really want him to succeed and become one of the greatest ever but yesterday was a real poor performance.

he was moved off the ball by a player half his strenght 3-4 times in that first half while lukaku was standing between the ball and the defender IMO that's something he really shouldn't allow, never in any defender's life should he be able to get a chance at touching a ball that has lukaku in between him and the ball.

the two issues in that matter were that he was waiting for the ball too often, and that he failed to use his immense strength.

second half he started well, but he missed that chance, well maybe it had too much pace who knows.

but then benteke came in and there was suddenly alot more possession for the belgian team, because he did manage to hold a ball and he did manage to keep an impossible pass in the team.

MoM was Kompany, the guy was amazing.

he was shite, stop making excuses

it doesn't help anyone

It is called 'putting things in perspective', not making excuses :-) I hope that is still allowed on an internet forum :Goober: Edited by Stingray

Boys please...

stop the :wank2::wank2:

We know what he's able off. So no need to start scouting reports of him after every single game!

if he scores 2 goals against Hull this weekend, the friendly against France was as useless as:

most-useless-kitchen-gadgets-strawberry-

Why do people keep going on about his performance from 1 game? WOW! Annoying thing is there is about a whole page of complaints of his performance against France on the De Bruyne page itself. Give it a rest. He is young, improving and will have have bad performances as part of his learning curve. Not making excuses for him but yes it was a friendly so move on. His next game he will probably bag a couple anyway ;)

lukaku had a poor game, i really want him to succeed and become one of the greatest ever but yesterday was a real poor performance.

he was moved off the ball by a player half his strenght 3-4 times in that first half while lukaku was standing between the ball and the defender IMO that's something he really shouldn't allow, never in any defender's life should he be able to get a chance at touching a ball that has lukaku in between him and the ball.

the two issues in that matter were that he was waiting for the ball too often, and that he failed to use his immense strength.

second half he started well, but he missed that chance, well maybe it had too much pace who knows.

but then benteke came in and there was suddenly alot more possession for the belgian team, because he did manage to hold a ball and he did manage to keep an impossible pass in the team.

MoM was Kompany, the guy was amazing.

That's what I noticed too, benteke has some qualities which we lack in our teams strikers.

1. Link up play

2. Ball control and first touch

3. Hold up play(sorry lukaku's first touch ruins this for him)i

We should have gone for him incase we don't get rooney, but everyone just thought he is from belgium so he and lukaku must be the same type of player. Which was not true. He's the type of striker that thrives in a system against teams that park the bus. All our strikers are counter attack strikers like jose said.

Edited by kellzfresh

Belgians and their defensive attitude towards Belgian players all the time... Annoying as hell. Good = good - Bad = bad. Get over it!

I think you should look around some more, plenty of people are acctualy quit critical of belgian perfomances because the media has created such a high standard. I think Lukaku did okay against france, benteke was meh, de bruyne was shit and hazard was under performing.

I think you should look around some more, plenty of people are acctualy quit critical of belgian perfomances because the media has created such a high standard. I think Lukaku did okay against france, benteke was meh, de bruyne was shit and hazard was under performing.

Hell Yeah, even Verheyen was crap and he is retired for years now!

:goober!