Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He might have scored a lot for West Brom but teams play differently against West Brom than they do against Chelsea. He isnt ready to be our number 1 striker, neither is Ba or Torres. We are in trouble if we dont sign Rooney. You heard it here first!

• 2 weeks later...

How old is he now 21? he has proved himself in the premier league and can only get better,he needs to be given a chance ,now,otherwise what is the point ,he has earnt the chance to play for Chelsea by his performances at West Brom ,he would seem to guarantee at least 20 goals and his time has come ,he should start the season as our striker in my book.

He might have scored a lot for West Brom but teams play differently against West Brom than they do against Chelsea. He isnt ready to be our number 1 striker, neither is Ba or Torres. We are in trouble if we dont sign Rooney. You heard it here first!

we are not West Brom either ,,,WE should be able to provide him with many more chances

we are not West Brom either ,,,WE should be able to provide him with many more chances

starting for Chelsea means he will get one or at the most two opportunities to score when we play one of our rivals (or any tough CL match). It's really unfair to demand that level of effectiveness from a 20-year-old.

What i found him doing wrong yesterday was his obsession to always go deep whenever he got a long ball towards him.

It wouldn't do any harm for him to just control the ball and hold on to it for a few without storming to the other end, we were having a very though first half, very demanding for the back lines, holding the ball midfield would give the squad the chance to move forward slightly.

Possession alone is a good way to be relieved of the pressure Madrid was giving us.

I wonder how Mourinho sees Lukaku. Does he believe he is ready to start or much of an impact player? I am not sure. Last season for WBA he scored many when coming from the bench, eg hattrick against United in one half, terrorrised Liverpool home and away when coming off the bench but at same time deserves a starting berth. Interesting.