Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

A 20 year old Lukaku has performed better in almost every single match he played the last year and a half but still gets as much shit as torres.

strange.

Maybe because we havent seen any of that performance in a Chelsea shirt. If a player isnt playing well, he is going to get stick regardless of age or nationality.

I think you should look around some more, plenty of people are acctualy quit critical of belgian perfomances because the media has created such a high standard. I think Lukaku did okay against france, benteke was meh, de bruyne was shit and hazard was under performing.

There are also a lot who get ultradefensive when somebody says a negative thing about a Belgian player. Like someone's badmouthing their child...

And Lukaku plays at a topclub, so being judged hard comes with the job. If he plays bad, he'll get tons of shit. Works in both ways. Mignolet made lots of mistakes in his debut at Liverpool, but makes 1 massive important save in the end and he's a halfgod. If he didn't save it, he would've been torn apart on fora on his overall performance.

Why do people keep going on about his performance from 1 game? WOW! Annoying thing is there is about a whole page of complaints of his performance against France on the De Bruyne page itself. Give it a rest. He is young, improving and will have have bad performances as part of his learning curve. Not making excuses for him but yes it was a friendly so move on. His next game he will probably bag a couple anyway ;)

you are suggesting people show patience ,,,well that would surprise me if it happened especially on match days :ph34r:

Thought he was good today. Very good movement and hold-up play.

I know. Mou will bring him like Steve did. He needs nurturing - what he lacks in technical brilliance he has in physical prowess and determination/ I gather Mou knows ...

Still .... he is raw somewhat.

When he really figures out to throw his size around in the air it's going to be impressive. I remember when Drogba saw that he almost never had to jump in the middle of the field again, he was able to just hold the big CB's off at take it off of his knee and chest. SOO frustrating to deal with as a defender. Hopefully we can see a similar technique developed!

He was great when he came on, but remember he is still young, give him time to develop before we go pining our hopes on them.

We need a new forward before the end of the window so him and Lukaku can rotate while Ba or Torres plays the Carlton Cole 05/06 role.

How about that for a first touch from him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg9W0rlbePA

The talent is there. His first touch will come good. What he seems to be struggling with tbf, is when our midfielders fire the ball at his feet in tight spaces.

I said in another thread ...hie first touch is FUCKING AWFUL ,,,,instead of finding a team mate it ends up in their net :clown:

Needs to start against United, scored a hat trick last season against them; only striker we have currently that unsettles opposition defenders; only striker we have that is able to get into shooting positions constantly.

Hopefully the fact he was a sub in the last 2 matches means that he is next in the scheme to start a match since we need our striker to do a lot better than Ba did tonight or Torres did against Hull. He did start a lot of games in the friendly matches so he must be raring to go

Was Benteke in your thoughts as a striker to buy?

He is a great player but he is a great player for a certain style of football. We tried to play a different style of football.

We tried to play the way we played against Hull. We tried to play the way we train every day but the good thing from my team today was Villa gave us a different match and we coped with that.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399452/Jose-Mourinho-takes-aim-Paul-Lambert-spat-saying-He-reminds-years-ago.html#ixzz2cfbiaU1y
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Benteke is a the same kind of CF Lukaku is. It makes me wonder if Lukaku is the CF for the kind of football Mourinho wants.

Was Benteke in your thoughts as a striker to buy?

He is a great player but he is a great player for a certain style of football. We tried to play a different style of football.

We tried to play the way we played against Hull. We tried to play the way we train every day but the good thing from my team today was Villa gave us a different match and we coped with that.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399452/Jose-Mourinho-takes-aim-Paul-Lambert-spat-saying-He-reminds-years-ago.html#ixzz2cfbiaU1y

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Benteke is a the same kind of CF Lukaku is. It makes me wonder if Lukaku is the CF for the kind of football Mourinho wants.

Depends the opponent Mou changes the tactics, Mou not have a definite style. This is the reason why Mou wants Rooney ....variants