Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I still don't see any reason why he shouldn't just be given the #1 striker role.

Pressure.

I know he needs to deal with the pressure of being a striker for Chelsea anyway but I'm pretty sure he'd be more comfortable next season coming off the bench.

He's very effective against tired defenders as well.

I'm convinced the ideal scenario for Chelsea AND Lukaku would be to sign a top striker (Rooney preferably) and Lukaku as a quality backup/joker.

What gives me confidence about Lukaku this year is the way Mourinho moulded Milito, a very average striker, into one of the worlds best for Inter.

I like Milito... would hardly call him average, he scored a goal in every 2 games at most clubs he played for, is that average supposing he played for lesser teams like Racing Club, Genoa, Real Zaragoza where they weren't exactly blessed with quality players in every position? The man scored 4 goals against Real Madrid IIRC in 2006 or 2007. That itself is a feat.

I like Milito... would hardly call him average, he scored a goal in every 2 games at most clubs he played for, is that average supposing he played for lesser teams like Racing Club, Genoa, Real Zaragoza where they weren't exactly blessed with quality players in every position? The man scored 4 goals against Real Madrid IIRC in 2006 or 2007. That itself is a feat.

Never really did it on the big stage till Mourinho moulded him though, I like Milito too, but I feel he excelled under Mourinho in the big stage with the world watching. His performance against Bayern in that Champions League final is one of my favourite Champions League performances of all time, Not fancy beating players like Messi, or scoring overhead kicks, but that second goal was brilliant. Turned his man and great finish into the corner.

Even though, I am pleased to see Lukaku getting a chance to play, but Chelsea still need a top class striker. This kid still might not be fully ready to be a starter. So far, the club refused to pay for top strikers. Most likely waiting to see what happens with Torres, BA & Lukaku. I hope, it will work out. By January, if Chelsea drops more than 4 games, the PL title is over, then.