Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Would just love if this guy becomes our man next season! He has been working very hard and under Jose I feel this could happen. Will be interesting to see if Jose wants to send him out on loan again. The next big thing and hopefully sticks with us for the long term.

Would just love if this guy becomes our man next season! He has been working very hard and under Jose I feel this could happen. Will be interesting to see if Jose wants to send him out on loan again. The next big thing and hopefully sticks with us for the long term.

Mou already said that Lukaku will not go on loan this season.He wants to keep him.

We have two options:

• Go into the season with two mediocre players in Ba and Torres, and a very young player with bags of potential (Lukaku) - plus two auxiliary strikers in Schurrle and Moses...
  • or jizz out £30-45 million on a big-name forward, ie. Lewa, Jovetic, etc.

What's your preference?

We have two options:

• Go into the season with two mediocre players in Ba and Torres, and a very young player with bags of potential (Lukaku) - plus two auxiliary strikers in Schurrle and Moses...

What's your preference?

All the big names seem to be un-available so I'd go with option number 1.

Mou already said that Lukaku will not go on loan this season.He wants to keep him.

Training just started, everyone will get a chance in pre season to prove there worth. He will make judgement after that.

We have two options:

What's your preference?

Secret door number 3 : We buy a cheap(well relatively cheap for us (around £15 million)), striker who excels at link up play, who's strong and can hold up the ball. That's really an area where we're lacking.

None of the three strikers we have excel at this. Lukaku is the best of the three strikers in this area and it's probably the weakest aspect of his game.

Keep Ba as a third option and try and sell Torres. If we can't sell him just put him in the stands.

Going into the season with only Lukaku as our only reliable striker isn't enough.

We need a second option, someone who can come in when Lukaku isn't in the game, someone who can be properly rotated with Lukaku without losing to much quality.

Still unsure as to why people think he's not good enough to be our #1 striker. He has almost everything. The only thing he lacks I think is set-piece taking ability, but that's not a huge deal given the amount of players we have in our team who're perfectly capable.

He's got the best physique out of all strikers in the top 5 leagues in my opinion; balancing strength, pace & stamina very well; great finishing, decent enough heading which I'm sure Jose will improve, good passing and even a good first touch now (the major gripes I had with him when he first joined).

I don't understand what any other available striker; bar Suarez and his unmatched dribbling ability; could possibly offer us which Lukaku can't.

I don't know if he is good enough to be first choice - but what I do know is that he should be given chances so the Sturridge fiasco is not repeated with another talented youth. Lukaku scored more goals in the EPL than our first choice striker has done in two and a half years, on loan at a club who don't possess Mata; Lampard; Hazard etc to set him up.

Because he wasn't even #1 at West Brom, something like 43% of his appearances were off the bench. He had a good loan so he will get a chance to be in the squad and fight for his place, but giving him the number 1 forward role straight away then the manc clubs will be laughing.

He was n1 for most part of the season. He had to fight for his place and he won comfortably. His goals per minutes ratio was one of the best in the PL.

Because he wasn't even #1 at West Brom, something like 43% of his appearances were off the bench.

Well not undisputed #1, yet he still managed to be their top scorer (by far) and ended the season as the 4th highest scoring player in the league. Isn't that something which should be amplified a bit? I mean there's talk about 'we need to sign a top striker' etc. but surely ending the season as the 4th highest scorer in the toughest league in the world at the age of 19 when his team was packed with players less technically gifted than Bosingwa suggests he is a top player.

I still don't see any reason why he shouldn't just be given the #1 striker role. Cavani would have been given it had he arrived, as would have Lewandowski and Falcao. Why do they get a pass?

I don't know if he is good enough to be first choice - but what I do know is that he should be given chances so the Sturridge fiasco is not repeated with another talented youth. Lukaku scored more goals in the EPL than our first choice striker has done in two and a half years, on loan at a club who don't possess Mata; Lampard; Hazard etc to set him up.

It's kinda sad about Sturridge, cause I always thought that Lukaku and Sturridge would have formed a great partnership.

We have not had a great two striker partnership since the Gudjohnsen and Hasselbaink time.

Well not undisputed #1, yet he still managed to be their top scorer (by far) and ended the season as the 4th highest scoring player in the league. Isn't that something which should be amplified a bit? I mean there's talk about 'we need to sign a top striker' etc. but surely ending the season as the 4th highest scorer in the toughest league in the world at the age of 19 when his team was packed with players less technically gifted than Bosingwa suggests he is a top player.

I still don't see any reason why he shouldn't just be given the #1 striker role. Cavani would have been given it had he arrived, as would have Lewandowski and Falcao. Why do they get a pass?

Were any of those players #1 at a big club at the age of 20? Look at RVP he joined Arsenal 3rd choice behind Bergkamp and Henry and had to bide his time, he wasn't undisputed number 1 until he was 25.

Lukaku has scored loads for a mid table team, but so has Demba Ba. That alone doesn't mean he will break scoring records at Chelsea. Infact Forsell got the same amount of goals in less appearances on loan to Birmingham in 03/04, imagine if we put all our eggs in that basket and didn't sign Drogba?

Yes he has had a very good season at WBA and because of that he will have a chance to impress as a member of the squad, he might have to bide his time to the same extent RVP but if he lives up to his potential, he will be our number 1 one day, just not yet.