Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

So if Lukaku has been told that he will be involved with the team next season and won't be going on loan next season, why the fuck are we bidding for Cavani? Has Torres been sold, if not, is our board run by some teenagers?

Calm down! Just wait and see what will happen. It seems Ba is On his way out and so is Nando.

Calm down! Just wait and see what will happen. It seems Ba is On his way out and so is Nando.

If we are indeed bending over and paying the whole buy out clause for Cavani, i would atleast like to know that we ARE offloading Torres. Doesn't matter with what they do with BA, he is not on 175/180k wages, Torres is and so will Cavani.

If we are indeed bending over and paying the whole buy out clause for Cavani, i would atleast like to know that we ARE offloading Torres. Doesn't matter with what they do with BA, he is not on 175/180k wages, Torres is and so will Cavani.

I think it will be Cavani, Lukaku and Jovetic

thanks, hopefully he will be here! Loving the look of the Belgium team by the way, I am finding myself watching their matches and looking out for their upcoming games because of how many Chelsea players there are!

It's a bandwagon I'm seriously thinking of jumping on. :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Always loved Belgium and Bruges is a lovely place to unwind and rest, and I was watching the match thinking about picking up one of their shirts. The amount of quality in that team at this moment in time is astounding and the fans seem to be genuinely enjoying it.

Me too, definitely cheering for them next year at the WC. My own Finnish national team has never even qualified so I always have to jump on someone's bandwagon for the major international tournaments and for years now my second favorite at international level has been Belgium. Too bad they haven't been any good either but things are about to change and I can honestly see them reaching at least the semis next year!

Please feel free to jump on the wagon ... plenty more space!

You might also wondering if our boys (Courtois, Eden, Romelu & KDB) are good dancers... I'm afraid the answer can be found in the video below :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATxeA1mdjcE

Once the boys were in front of the 'all ladies' stands... they amazingly seem to find some new moves!

At 5:00min the famous image of Eden on Rom's big shoulders... funny view :D

btw: this was only the party after the win against Serbia. Imagine once we qualify for the WC OR book a good result there! BIG PARTY... feel free to join us!

So if Lukaku has been told that he will be involved with the team next season and won't be going on loan next season, why the fuck are we bidding for Cavani? Has Torres been sold, if not, is our board run by some teenagers?

Because it's a squad game.

If we stick to one of Cavani or Lukaku next season, one long term injury to whichever one we pick will have us stuck with Ba and Rafa's blonde whore all over again.

A world class forward approaching his peak (Cavani) and a young extremely talented forward (Lukaku) with a decent squad forward who could offer us 10 goals next season (Ba) is the perfect strike trio to head into next season with.

If we stick to one of Cavani or Lukaku next season, one long term injury to whichever one we pick will have us stuck with Ba and Rafa's blonde whore all over again.

A world class forward approaching his peak (Cavani) and a young extremely talented forward (Lukaku) with a decent squad forward who could offer us 10 goals next season (Ba) is the perfect strike trio to head into next season with.

Completely agree with your last line!! But has Torres been sold yet? No. Do you want two strikers in the team earning 180k/week? That would be madness! So lets first get rid of Torres and then buy Cavani!! Although the amount to buy Cavani is too damn high for me and i won't be loosing sleep if we are going in with Torres into the next season, with may be Jovetic added to the squad!

I just hope that Mourinho won't try and force him to play like Drogba (i.e as a target man) just because he is 6ft 3, muscular and black. Use him the way he plays best (which from what I have seen, is nothing like in the style of Drogba), not in a way that is based on this fan pleasing fantasy that he is some sort of Drogba reincarnated.

I just hope that Mourinho won't try and force him to play like Drogba (i.e as a target man) just because he is 6ft 3, muscular and black. Use him the way he plays best (which from what I have seen, is nothing like in the style of Drogba), not in a way that is based on this fan pleasing fantasy that he is some sort of Drogba reincarnated.

I think the Drogba comparison was made just out of fun/good-will and JM is smart enough to see how he plays.

Right now (your right) he plays a pace oriented style, in which he tries to run off the defenders shoulder and would really only uses his size to help him shield defenders off the ball. Again, thats right now.

Surely as that pace erodes he'll learn how to fully master his size and play like a target man but at the tender age of 20, he has plenty of time to learn.

Also, I think the Drogba comparisons were made out of good will and not as serious as your making them out to be. JM is a smart man, I'm sure he'll recognize that. :)

The problem with this is that if you buy someone like Cavani, you are going to start them 40-45 games a year. Whoever the second striker is will get playing time because they will still start 15-20 games and be a sub in most of the rest of the games, but the third striker will basically never play unless someone gets hurt. (Or unless we play a two-striker system). The third striker should be someone like Schurle (if we buy him) who is capable of filling in there in case of injury but having someone like Ba never play is a waste IMO. (and if Lukaku struggles Ba gets a couple of goals at some point, it could easily be Lukaku who doesn't play).

Depth is important but its also important to make sure your entire squad, especially the veteran players, gets to play some. Otherwise, it can foster a really unhappy team. Yes, you could be hurt by one long-term injury, but every single team is like that. You can't have world-class backups at every position.