Edinson Cavani

CFC58

First of all, we are interested in Luiz but as a CB and it seems that your two last managers don't think he is relaible enough at this position.

Not true. Rafa Benitez on Luiz as a CB:

'He’s one of the best central defenders in the world,’ says Benitez.

‘I was coaching him and I can tell you he’s one of the best in the world, because he has everything. You just have to manage him properly - and then he is one of the best in the world.

‘I could explain exactly what I wanted and tactically he is very clever. He needs just the people who can give him the ideas and the instructions of what to do and then he will do them, because he is very clever.’

'I don't see too many better in the air. I don't see too many better or quicker or faster than him. I don't see too many technically better. Tactically, he is much better than the rest of players around him.'

He's had a bad season this year but honestly when Luiz is on form at CB he's a top, top player. Last season he had a great season in the last 3/4 months, where played as a CB for the majority of it.

Even if he says he wants to join us, we dont have enough money to get him. We need Lb and Cm too. Unless we sell Luiz, Mikel, Torres, Ba,...we wont get Cavani AND LB, CM.

But would be nice to have him...

Even if he says he wants to join us, we dont have enough money to get him. We need Lb and Cm too. Unless we sell Luiz, Mikel, Torres, Ba,...we wont get Cavani AND LB, CM.

But would be nice to have him...

It's more than doable.....There is a lot of deadwood here right now to sell on to generate cash.

It's more than doable.....There is a lot of deadwood here right now to sell on to generate cash.

Yeah I hope we sell Marin, Torres, Mikel, Moses, maybe Romeu, Ba,...and get decent money from them.

Yeah I hope we sell Marin, Torres, Mikel, Moses, maybe Romeu, Ba,...and get decent money from them.

many more - kakuta hilario cole maybe lampard to free up wages

Cavani would be the perfect striker for us but the only way we could sign him is if we include Luiz as part of the deal. I love Luiz here but if Mourinho doesn't seem him in his plans for the future then PSG would be the best option. Also this whole Barca transfer ban would help us make the deal go much smoother.

Cavani would be the perfect striker for us but the only way we could sign him is if we include Luiz as part of the deal. I love Luiz here but if Mourinho doesn't seem him in his plans for the future then PSG would be the best option. Also this whole Barca transfer ban would help us make the deal go much smoother.

completely agree.

Cavani is IMO the most complete striker out there. He's got everything: technique (can even play out wide), physique (pace and power), and the right mentality (loads of determination and work rate).

While Costa would be a bet, Cavani is the sure thing.

completely agree.

Cavani is IMO the most complete striker out there. He's got everything: technique (can even play out wide), physique (pace and power), and the right mentality (loads of determination and work rate).

While Costa would be a bet, Cavani is the sure thing.

For 70mio, no thing is sure thing. Bale cost Madrid 100mio, Neymar cost barca 100mio, dont think they were worth it tbh. Stats dont say everything.

Cavani is best option indeed and would probably succeed, but there is no guaranty.

For 70mio, no thing is sure thing. Bale cost Madrid 100mio, Neymar cost barca 100mio, dont think they were worth it tbh. Stats dont say everything.

Cavani is best option indeed and would probably succeed, but there is no guaranty.

My "sure thing" really means "as sure as it gets." Nothing is for sure as the guy can break his leg following day in training and never return to his former form - it has happened many times before.

Cost is very relative and long term Neymar and Bale may or may not be worth it. It's impossible for us to assess, because we don't have access to their numbers. If either one reaches the level that Messi is at right now, then I'd say 100m isn't that crazy.

Not true. Rafa Benitez on Luiz as a CB:

He's had a bad season this year but honestly when Luiz is on form at CB he's a top, top player. Last season he had a great season in the last 3/4 months, where played as a CB for the majority of it.

He just need to be more composed because he is actually damn good, even better than terry or cahill.

As i was pointing out yesterday. You never know when you'll face an injury. Now that Ibra is probably out for the rest of the season, it is fine to have a second striker.

After his comments, he will have to show he can shine alone in the forward position in the remaining game, because lately he has been pretty poor.

He is a really decent counter striker but it was right not to pay that 63 or 70m for him. He might be more talented than Costa but Costa is the in form striker and 32m+ for him would be far better invested than some outrageous money PSG will demand for him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You