Edinson Cavani

CFC58

http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/sport/story/286163.html

Key quotes for y'all:

In his broadcast interview, Mourinho left the door open on a summer transfer bid for PSG's Edinson Cavani despite admitting it would take an extraordinary offer [] but he ruled out the prospect of Eden Hazard becoming part of any Cavani deal.

Mourinho conceded that it would take a huge investment for Chelsea to sign Cavani, who was signed by PSG for £54 million and is said to earn £8.3m annually.

"PSG payed a lot of money for him. His contract is also incredible," Mourinho said of the Uruguayan. "Maybe it's not impossible like Zlatan, because I think that Zlatan is more important to the structure of the club. But I think that it's also difficult."

http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/sport/story/286163.html

Key quotes for y'all:

In his broadcast interview, Mourinho left the door open on a summer transfer bid for PSG's Edinson Cavani despite admitting it would take an extraordinary offer [] but he ruled out the prospect of Eden Hazard becoming part of any Cavani deal.

Mourinho conceded that it would take a huge investment for Chelsea to sign Cavani, who was signed by PSG for £54 million and is said to earn £8.3m annually.

"PSG payed a lot of money for him. His contract is also incredible," Mourinho said of the Uruguayan. "Maybe it's not impossible like Zlatan, because I think that Zlatan is more important to the structure of the club. But I think that it's also difficult."

It was on a french channel, yesterday.

Mou was speaking french to french journalists.

His french is not as good as say his english and he never said anything too big. I think the quotes are a bit mistranslated. I saw it when it aired and quite frankly although he said Zlatan couldn't be taken from PSG he didn't say too much about Cavani.

Quite frankly he didn't deny or confirm anything, just said what everyone who follows football and who has half a brain would already have known at the time.

On a somewhat off topic note though, he did say Eden is absolutely not for sale (wants to keep him for ten years :) ) and that it was cowardly of Falcao to "choose" (I remember the whole "he had no say in it" controversy) to play for AS Monaco because half the stadium is always empty and the french ligue 1 is weak.

That's all there was to it.

Lol this is just a stupied rumor, somewhat similar to Thiago Silva. I think cavani agent want want an improved contract.

Cavani cost psg 54m, unless we pay above that there is no way psg are going to sell and I don't see we are shelling that much money for Cavani

It was on a french channel, yesterday.

Mou was speaking french to french journalists.

His french is not as good as say his english and he never said anything too big. I think the quotes are a bit mistranslated. I saw it when it aired and quite frankly although he said Zlatan couldn't be taken from PSG he didn't say too much about Cavani.

Quite frankly he didn't deny or confirm anything, just said what everyone who follows football and who has half a brain would already have known at the time.

On a somewhat off topic note though, he did say Eden is absolutely not for sale (wants to keep him for ten years :) ) and that it was cowardly of Falcao to "choose" (I remember the whole "he had no say in it" controversy) to play for AS Monaco because half the stadium is always empty and the french ligue 1 is weak.

That's all there was to it.

Mmhmm. Agree with all you said. I'm glad he didn't say it was impossible like Zlatan though. So I can carry on hoping :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Edinson Cavani has invited a summer bid from Chelsea after admitting he could leave PSG at the end of the season.

Asked if he will still be at PSG next year, he said: "We will see at the end of the season Let's finish the season first. I am happy in Paris but there are, for sure, things which I have got to talk about with the club, things that have to be done differently.

Cavani joined PSG for a Ligue 1 record of Euro 64m (£53m) from Napoli last summer and signed a five-year deal

"Yes, Chelsea were interested but PSG showed a real confidence and a real determination to include me in their project," he confirmed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-edinson-cavani-3321019

Edinson Cavani has invited a summer bid from Chelsea after admitting he could leave PSG at the end of the season.

Asked if he will still be at PSG next year, he said: "We will see at the end of the season Let's finish the season first. I am happy in Paris but there are, for sure, things which I have got to talk about with the club, things that have to be done differently.

Cavani joined PSG for a Ligue 1 record of Euro 64m (£53m) from Napoli last summer and signed a five-year deal

"Yes, Chelsea were interested but PSG showed a real confidence and a real determination to include me in their project," he confirmed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-edinson-cavani-3321019

@CHOULO19,

proof that Chelsea were indeed after Cavani

It was such a stupid decision to go there in the first place knowing Zlatan is the main man. You get the sense that he regrets it. Was a pure money grab just like Falcao.

Of course I'd still love him here, but PSG would probably demand what they paid for him or ask for Hazard in a swap since they're so desperate for him. Not happening. More of a chance we could get Falcao.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You