Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Simply one of the most purely talented players to grace the pitch for me. Makes everything look so simple. Leaves a lot to be desired in terms of work rate, ethic, coachability, etc...and has also shown to be a contentious teammate and not the most dedicated. But is capable of some insane mind-blowing skill.

Zlatan won't carry on like this forever, then they will have to spend another 50m to get a replacement?

If we really wanted Cavani, we could have gotten him last summer, but instead we were fucking around with Man utd.

I don't think we even bid for Rooney. I just think José wanted to ruffle some feathers. Judging on how well they've done this season, I think he succeeded. I highly doubt José ever wanted to bring in a temperamental nearly-29 year old!

I don't think we even bid for Rooney. I just think José wanted to ruffle some feathers. Judging on how well they've done this season, I think he succeeded. I highly doubt José ever wanted to bring in a temperamental nearly-29 year old!

I think José wanted Rooney...there's no question about that....just think about it:

We needed a striker capable of scoring 20-25 goals, someone that would put fear into the opposition, someone that could provide that moment of brilliance...and Rooney fits that profile like a glove.

Yes, he is temperamental but it's the managers job to keep the player in line...and that's something Moyes has failed to do at United.

We did. The Chelsea website confirmed it. Jose himself confirmed it.

LOL, José got played by Rooney/United and people have to accept that!

We not only lost the whole transfer window chasing the wrong striker, but we also failed to sign three top ones that were "available": Cavani, Falcao and Lewandowski...

We helped Manure regain a almost lost player, didn't sign any top notch replacement and will now have to pay more to get Cavani (if rumours are to be true).

Not that it was the end of the world or anything. But the truth is that whole Rooney saga was just a load of bullshit and a complete waist of our time!!!

Where is the evidence that a little bit of praise from Mourinho about Rooney didn't set all the BS tabloid sources into one of their wild circle-jerks. Was the club ever seriously perusing Rooney with a real offer or at least some probing low balls during the Jan window? Who knows what the summer transfer window will hold before and after the world cup, so I'm skeptical of any rumors about our club at this point in time despite how much they make sense.

Where is the evidence that a little bit of praise from Mourinho about Rooney didn't set all the BS tabloid sources into one of their wild circle-jerks. Was the club ever seriously perusing Rooney with a real offer or at least some probing low balls during the Jan window? Who knows what the summer transfer window will hold before and after the world cup, so I'm skeptical of any rumors about our club at this point in time despite how much they make sense.

Chelsea made an offer for Rooney last summer. It's not a rumour or anything. It's a fact. The official Chelsea website confirmed.

Jose words -"Chelsea is interested in this player, made a bid and what we did we did officially, Now we have nothing more to say, we want the player, we made the bid and now it is up to Man United"

"We don't want to make public the bid but it is just a certain amount of money and it doesn't involve players or players in the possibility of negotiation. No Juan Mata, no David Luiz."

LOL, José got played by Rooney/United and people have to accept that!

We not only lost the whole transfer window chasing the wrong striker, but we also failed to sign three top ones that were "available": Cavani, Falcao and Lewandowski...

We helped Manure regain a almost lost player, didnt sign any top notch replacement and will now have to pay more to get Cavani (if rumours are to be true).

Not that it was the end of the world or anything. But the truth is that whole Rooney saga was just a load of bullshit and a complete waist of our time!!!

Spot on mate!

Just crossed my mind, what if we offer Cech+ 40m for him? Surely that would be around 55-60m at least and PSG effectively got a world class GK and still got their money back from last summer(most of it). Would solve both ST and GK situations, and this guy already got like 22 goals this season despite playing on the wing most of the time, beast. Him or Costa is fine imo but I would prefer him if it means we can get Courtois back and have a world class striker at the same time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You